With the international e-games paying millions of dollars to the winning team, how long before e-gamers get the same recognition in high school as athletes?

Walt_OReaguns avatar Games
3 16

e games on line games don't deserve any status. games like that do not promote healthy body or healthy lifestyle.

Walt, you might be dismayed [as I was] to learn that Akron University is currently in turmoil over the president of the university wanting to trash 80 degree programs; 10 Ph.D. programs, 33 master’s programs, 20 bachelor’s programs, and 17 associate-degree programs that will be phased out, infavor of competitive video gaming, known as esports.!

https://www.chronicle.com/artic...=trend_right_a

@Budwick Walt, you might be dismayed [as I was] to learn that Akron University is currently in turmoil over the president of...

Looks like they did "due diligence" in selecting which programs to cut.

"The cuts come after a yearlong review of Akron’s degrees and degree tracks. Among the university’s strengths are nursing, biosciences, engineering, dance, and music, Akron’s Board of Trustees said in a statement. The 10 Ph.D. programs, 33 master’s programs, 20 bachelor’s programs, and 17 associate-degree programs that will be phased out suffered low enrollment or were duplicates of prosperous programs at other, similar institutions."

What I find amazing is "... $70,000 for game licenses, league dues, marketing, and some travel..."

@Walt_OReagun Looks like they did "due diligence" in selecting which programs to cut. "The cuts come after a yearlong review of...

All I know is - I'm glad to be on the back nine.
There simply can't be another generation or two left for the planet!

I thought all professional gamers were dead South Koreans. That seems to take them to the grave with much more accuracy than other diseases.

I like playing games on my computer, but even when I was playing WoW years ago, I used private servers that allowed PvE. I'm not a big fan of PvP games, I think they are boring and mostly for showoffs to show their moves.

@ZonkeyBalls I thought all professional gamers were dead South Koreans. That seems to take them to the grave with much more...

I could never get into MMO games. Probably due to the stupidity of other players, and the fact you can't get too far playing single.

@Walt_OReagun I could never get into MMO games. Probably due to the stupidity of other players, and the fact you can't get too...

We should team up and go for a private (unofficial) server for some Player versus Environment. Not certain, how well my current laptop can handle the latest expansion packs with the all the glory stuff added to the graphics, but apparently Blizzard has tried to keep the graphics options for low-end computers, such as mine, available as well.

@ZonkeyBalls We should team up and go for a private (unofficial) server for some Player versus Environment. Not certain, how...

I don't have much time for gaming these days, between work and helping that friend who has medical issues.

What little time I DO have for gaming these days, I'm going to be devoting to "Pillars Of Eternity 2". (since I helped fund it, and just got my copy)

To be fair, high energy video gaming like that equates to the same level of physical and mental activity of a chess game, while playing polo. I was both a varsity chess player for my high school and a fairly okay person at games. xp

It doesn't seem like much to non-gamers or parents of gamers, but it does add up if it's certain kinds of games. Heck, a lot of them are simulators, which are used by professionals. Gran Turismo and Forza are both used by real-life auto-racers. And one other thing: it's fun, it's ultra-competitive, and that kind of lifestyle promotes a certain mind or body.

Well if you're willful enough you can be a video game nerd and healthy, as long as you spend some time for decent food and exercise

How long before they start doing steroids?