The Whole World Will Miss You, John McCain

While Trump was getting five draft deferments for BONE SPURS, Johb McCain was fighting the Vietnam War. John McCain was than caught and endured agonizing torture for five years. When finally rescued, he insisted that he would not leave until the other prisoners were released. This morning Senator McCain's family released a statement that McCain has halted his treatment. It is only a matter of time now, and the world will experience the sorrow of losing a man who always put his country and others before himself. This world's loss is the next world's gain. Give em hell, Maverick.

Image for post The Whole World Will Miss You, John McCain
dru18s avatar
7 52
@2805109

Trump has been mean as a rattlesnake towards McCain and his service to this country.

@2805109

Well, credit where credit is due, JD. The pale cat didn't mention Bill Clinton's deferments. hehe smilie
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/...ns/draft.shtml

This comment was deleted.
@2805244

WTF, does any of that have to do with McCain?

@dru18 WTF, does any of that have to do with McCain?

The same thing Trump's deferments have to do with McCain, of course.

@2805433

Then the OP should have done exactly that.

But of course she didn't.

@SynysterSissy Shoo fly.

Not a chance... it's much too much fun pointing out proggies' internal contradictions. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Well, credit where credit is due, JD. The pale cat didn't mention Bill Clinton's deferments...

This post isn't about Clinton, it's about John McCain who is dying from cancer. Show some sympathy. Save your snide comments for another post.

@StarzAbove This post isn't about Clinton, it's about John McCain who is dying from cancer. Show some sympathy. Save your...

Yes, and it shouldn't be about Trump either, but your pale feline friend couldn't resist getting in a snide comment about him. Why didn't you chide her? biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Yes, and it shouldn't be about Trump either, but your pale feline friend couldn't resist getting in a snide comment...

Because I spoke about John McCain and his last days.

You can't say anything nice about anyone ever. The OP has a name, but yet you make snide comments even about that. I guess we should all be calling you the "fairy."

You turn every post in to politics. Geez. And save your stupid winks for someone who appreciates them.

@StarzAbove Because I spoke about John McCain and his last days. You can't say anything nice about anyone ever. The OP has...

You didn't simply speak about John McCain.
You fell all over yourself approving of palecat's post, which included her politicizing it with a swipe at Trump, much to your delight, no doubt. biggrin smilie

http://www.amirite.com/822135-t...mccain/2805424

Trump more than earned that snide remark. HIS remarks about McCain, even when he knew McCain was loosing the battle, were an outrage.

@Thinkerbell Nevertheless, you politicized your McCain post, just as I told your starzy friend.

Politicized? As has Trump, too many times to count.

If Trump would learn to keep his mouth shut, and bow out gracefully, I am pretty sure the politicizing would cease.

@dru18 Keep it up and I'll give you ten more down votes.

There once was a furious pale feline,
Who always would make a quick beeline
To hit the down button
//(For anger a glutton); //
No doubt, then she'd flash a Brit V-sign. biggrin smiliebiggrin smiliebiggrin smilie

I heard that this morning. I have often disagreed with John McCain's stances, but have always admired his what seems to be to me..a personal integrity he abides by. Sad news for sure, dru.

@Piper2 I heard that this morning. I have often disagreed with John McCain's stances, but have always admired his what...

Even during the election I admired him for his service record and what he's been through and held together under.

God Bless John McCain. A true patriot. We may have disagreed but there is no questioning his loyalty to America. He Is a man who who puts others first. Unlike Trump who puts himself first. I fear men like him are becoming fewer. He will not be forgotten. This comes from someone who did not vote for him, but admires his patriotism, will, and honorable character. Things that are in short supply in his political party today.

John McCain has my respect and gratitude for his brave service. I pray his last days and hours will be gentle and easy.

McCain who was Obama's opponent during the 2008 elections died?

@Sunny_the_skeptic McCain who was Obama's opponent during the 2008 elections died?

No. He has just went off his medications for cancer, so it's just a matter of time.

@StarzAbove No. He has just went off his medications for cancer, so it's just a matter of time.

Oh, I see. He doesn't want to suffer from the treatment and enjoy the rest of his time.

@StarzAbove That's true, sometimes the treatments are very unpleasant. I don't blame him.

Stefan Karl Stefanson died a few days ago, for the same reason, cancer that he chose not to treat anymore, he was an actor in a kids show I used watch many years ago. Cancer is such a horrendous disease, something I wish could be eradicated.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Stefan Karl Stefanson died a few days ago, for the same reason, cancer that he chose not to treat anymore, he was...

It is a horrible disease. I lost my mother-in-law to cancer and also my sister-in-law who was only 43 years old.

@dru18 I'm sorry for your losses, Starz. And they STILL can't cure or contain it.

Thanks Dru. They both died the same year with my sister-in-law dying first. It was heartbreaking.

@dru18 He was a fighter but he knew this week he was loosing the fight.

When I scolded someone online for making fun of Mccain's death another person replied to me that he was a war criminal who started the Iraq war, funded ISIS and that he had the blood of many innocents on his hands. I asked for proof for such a claim but no messages yet.

After stopping the treatment, I didn't think he would die so soon. Sometimes a person can hang on for a week or more. But his time was up.

@StarzAbove After stopping the treatment, I didn't think he would die so soon. Sometimes a person can hang on for a week or...

I didn't either. The first time I got an inkling that he was going fast was when I heard that his family had canceled his birthday celebration for next week. They told friends that they didn't think he was going to make it.

But I am glad they kept it private, and I am very glad that he died in his beloved house surrounded by family.

I've always respected John McCain and would have voted him for president if his VP had been someone else.

He's a war hero, much respected senator who believed in his country, stood up against the bully. I hope his last days are pain free.

He will be missed.

Good post Dru. Thank you.

He just passed. Rest in Heaven!

@2805195

Show some respect! this is disgusting you guys were patriots once

@2805596

And McCain more than EARNED respect.

@2805195

And McCain has not only admitted wrongdoing and apologized he also helped create Finance Campaign Law.

Anonymous