primeiros avatar Language
9 32

Let my imagination go wild xD

Sofias avatar Sofia Fiction +4Reply
@Sofia Let my imagination go wild xD

Hey. :D

Imagination going wild is good. :P

It can be fascinating.

I haven't read much fiction lately because I haven't had time.

But, a while ago, I happened to find this short story, and decided to say "screw work" for a while. So I stopped and read it from beginning to end.

It's not very long.

You can read it too if you feel like it and if you haven't already. :D

"The Last Question" - http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

I didn't regret it - I found it awesome. :D

@primeiro Hey. :D Imagination going wild is good. :P It can be fascinating. I haven't read much fiction lately because I...

Hey :D

Now I'm reading a series, but I'll pick it up when I finish, okay? Thank you for the suggestion.

Sofias avatar Sofia Fiction +1Reply
@Sofia J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts pseudonym) - in Death Series.

Thank you. :D Just quickly looked up a summary. Sounds like a good one. :D

@primeiro Thank you. :D Just quickly looked up a summary. Sounds like a good one. :D

It is. She's a very good writer.
This one is a police-romance, if that's a thing. You follow the life of Eve Dallas, professional and private. I love the characters :D

Sofias avatar Sofia Fiction +1Reply
@Sofia It is. She's a very good writer. This one is a police-romance, if that's a thing. You follow the life of Eve...

:) I shall pick that one up when I have time.
Sadly it's usually expensive to buy foreign books in Brazil.

@primeiro :) I shall pick that one up when I have time. Sadly it's usually expensive to buy foreign books in Brazil.

Can you buy online?
Go in order, because her private life is the biggest plot on the whole of the series. If you start mid-series, you won't understand some things.

Sofias avatar Sofia Fiction +1Reply
@Sofia Can you buy online? Go in order, because her private life is the biggest plot on the whole of the series. If you...

I can buy on-line, yep. But physical books from abroad tend to be expensive over here, because of the shipping prices. Like, once I bought a book from an Amazon seller from the US. The book was used, and was less than 1 dollar. Pretty cheap, right? Well, because of shipping, that ended up costing more than $20.

So I might just go for a digital version. :D There's also the advantage of practically no waiting time.

A quick look-up reveals that the Kindle version is around $8-$9 and goes down to $6 for the oldest editions, which sounds like a very forgiving price. Now I just have to see if there is a way to read the Kindle format on a PC for free. lol (I actually enjoy reading on the computer screen.)

Thank you for the tip. :D In any case, I usually prefer to start from the beginning and see where it takes me. :P

@Thinkerbell Here is a short-short story by Fredric Brown that preceded Asimov's by about 6 years on a similar...

Thank you for sharing that. I didn't know that one.
Fascinating. :D
I don't want to say too much and spoil it for Sofia, but yeah, it's really a similar idea.
This computer sounds a lot more confident and scary than the one in Asimov's story, though. :P

@2805176

I can enjoy both too, but it depends a lot on each individual book.

My reading volume is very low nowadays due to work.

But two non-fictions that I've found really awesome are "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan, and "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl.

Carl Sagan is such a good story teller that it feels as entertaining as a fiction. The one by Frankl is also very beautiful.

The latest fiction novel that I've been able to find time to read in its entirety (slowly rereading again now) was "Kokoro" (Heart) by Natsume Soseki.

Fiction...one needs an escape from real life.

Fyrefoxs avatar Fyrefox Fiction +4Reply
@Fyrefox Fiction...one needs an escape from real life.

Yeah, I've got to agree with that.
Fiction, music... all good ways to escape from everyday things and let the imagination run.

I like both. I really enjoy historical fiction with real characters and incidents sprinkled in.

Non-fiction entertains me, carries me away from the real world that sometimes brings me down.

I like reading good fiction better than reading good nonfiction, but it's way easier to find good nonfiction

I like history. Why escape from reality when you can escape to it?

Mashas avatar Masha Non-fiction +1Reply

Mostly non-fiction, especially physical science and history.

@Thinkerbell Mostly non-fiction, especially physical science and history.

History can indeed be really interesting. I quite like it (especially Ancient History). Unfortunately, my memory is not very good.