Which do you prefer when planning a vacation.... the beach or the mountains? Care to share?

..... I'm a beach person....love the ocean.

Relaxing Ocean WavesRelaxing Ocean Waveshttp://www.lovethispic.com/image/106793/relaxing-ocean-waves
58% The warm ocean breezes 17% The cool mountain air 25% Other
StarzAboves avatar Jokes & Humour
3 20
@2806211

Same with me, John. I love the ocean.

I've been watching the TV series of Poldark and it's filmed in Cornwall. What beautiful ocean scenes they have filmed. I would love to go there.

@2806406

What I see on TV, it's simply gorgeous. The wild waves, beautiful ocean. I would really like to visit there.

I have a house at the beach and one in the mountains. I like the mountains for the freedom and far less people, but I think I enjoy the beach more.

I spend as much time as I can in the mountains. I love lakes and forests.

@JanHaskell I spend as much time as I can in the mountains. I love lakes and forests.

I've been through the mountains, but both times it was very cool and not pleasant. I love the warm ocean breezes and wading.

But I live in a land locked state, no mountains nor oceans. lol

I like staying home on vacation!
I love it at home, that's why I live there!
I understand the lure to other interesting places and don't begrudge people that go. But, for me, I'm fortunate to love the place I'm in, the place I call home.
I don't have a beach or mountains at home. I do have pups, trees, gardens, and a backyard with all that where I can relax.

@Budwick I like staying home on vacation! I love it at home, that's why I live there! I understand the lure to other...

I also have everything you've mentioned, I love my home, beautiful wooded area, great neighbors, most of my family live close by. I'm landlocked too, but I like to vacation sometimes and see other beautiful places that God has created. It's very uplifting and inspirational, but I'm always glad to get back home.

P.S. A family member is planning to move to your neck of the woods soon. (Cleveland) I sure hope you Buckeyes treat them better than you treat people here on Amirite. lol

@StarzAbove I also have everything you've mentioned, I love my home, beautiful wooded area, great neighbors, most of my family...

Buckeyes are people - just people like every where else on the planet. If your family member can get along with people where ever they are now, I'm sure he/she will do well in Cleveland too.

As for me, I get along with most people. Disagreeable, stubborn and argumentative folks not so much. My experience has been similar here on Amirite.

I love looking at the ocean, but lying around on the beach all day is not my cup of tea. I like adventure and that means exploring, so I guess it is the mountains for me.

The mountains has always been my first choice.

Sir_Whatzs avatar Sir_Whatz The cool mountain air +2Reply
@2807523

Sounds like a plan.

@2809878

hahaha. I love the oceans, I never go in, just like to wade.

@2809863

lol lol Is that your wife, Will? lol