StarzAboves avatar Food & Drink
2 13

Using shredded cheese can make a meltier sandwich, and I like to use a combination of jack & cheddar. I also sometimes add chopped green chiles. A light coat of mayo on the outside of the bread works better for me for browning. yum smilie

@JanHaskell Using shredded cheese can make a meltier sandwich, and I like to use a combination of jack & cheddar. I also...

I've heard about that, I think one of the hack my life things suggested mayo for browning for a couple of reasons, only one I remember right now is that it's harder to burn than butter and so less lighting to over cook it.

I like to toast the bread in the toaster first then you can put in cheese and fry or micro for a few seconds if you just can't wait.

Get bread, cheese, meat (optional), butter, mayo and what ever else you like on it.

Start the grill on extremely low heat to get the pan warmed. Make your sandwich (mine would be cheese, deli meat (or bacon) with mayo spread on the inside of the bread).

Then with the sandwich made, spread an extremely thin layer on butter on one side, the extremely thin layer is best done by using a knife at 90 degrees (up and down) and scrape it almost across the bread. Then flip it on the grill and do the same to the other side.

Next is just letting it heat up, melt flipping it to it's other side, without burning it. At least that's how I make mine.

@Zolfie Get bread, cheese, meat (optional), butter, mayo and what ever else you like on it. Start the grill on extremely...

Thanks, that sounds delicious. I like the bread crunchy and sometimes I will add a slice of tomato.

@StarzAbove Thanks, that sounds delicious. I like the bread crunchy and sometimes I will add a slice of tomato.

awe, tomato has a lot of water and might be leading to the soggy part. I don't know how to fix that, maybe squeeze it over the sink and try to take some of the liquid out first?

@2807347

I love that combination too.

Cheese is your preference, but use real butter...Smoked cheese (Gouda and/or Swiss cheese) will make for an excellent sandwich.