+6

Talking about the birth that Christmas represents has become taboo, talking about the birth that Labor Day represents also frowned upon in mixed company. Both “births” changed all our lives for the better. This weekend we celebrate the birth of Labor Unions: forty-hour work-weeks, weekends, holidays, vacations, fare wages, and the end of forced labor. Don’t forget the reason for the season.

Image for post Talking about the birth that Christmas represents has become taboo, talking about the birth that Labor Day represents also frowned upon in mixed company.  Both “births” changed all our lives for the better.  This weekend we celebrate the //birth// of Labor Unions: forty-hour work-weeks, weekends, holidays, vacations, fare wages, and the end of forced labor.  **Don’t forget the reason for the season.**
VicZincs avatar Holidays & Birthdays
0 11

My husband was Union (GM) for many years. And because of it we have always had great benefits, we don't have to pay for our insurance, dental, vision and dental, we have free membership to the YMCA and another gym here in town. He gets a Christmas bonus, plus he has a great retirement pension. Yes, he paid union dues, but he was happy to do so.

Too bad there are some to diss the unions, evidently they have never been in one.

@StarzAbove My husband was Union (GM) for many years. And because of it we have always had great benefits, we don't have to...

The purpose of unions is to make sure the fat cats at the top don't reap unimaginable profits while workers live lives of near poverty, as was often the case durring the industrial revolution. Even today many private industries (Amazon and Walmart to name just two) are again helmed by robber barons content to let their workers scrape while they wallow in gold and diamonds.

@VicZinc The purpose of unions is to make sure the fat cats at the top don't reap unimaginable profits while workers live...

You're exactly right. Also being in the union protects the worker's jobs, the company can't just fire a person for no good reason. ..... I've seen that happen where I worked, being in the office we didn't have a union, and the owner would fire people right and left just because he didn't like them. I have no idea how I managed to work for him for 15 years. lol

@2807494

They are correct, it is Trump's policy that is taking your health insurance away, exactly why you voted for him, to end Obama Care.

@2807769

Let's put lipstick on a pig

Please circle which diverse member of your in-depth politics gave you these talking points.

@2807920

Woody Guthrie - 1913 Massacre