John McCain's mother is 106 years old, how painful it must be for her to bury a son. Not many people live to be 106 years old, not even 100. Is there longevity in your family? Care to share.

...My grandfather lived to be 94, mother 90. But Dad died early.

Please respect this post, don't turn it into a political fight, thank you....StarzAbove

John McCain's 106-year-old mother honors son at US Capitol RotundaJohn McCain's 106-year-old mother grieved for her son Friday as he lied in state at the U.S. Capitol Rotunda.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8H4XdMoR6M
StarzAboves avatar Life
7 19

I've always thought that the worst pain for a caring parent is to bury their kids.

Not much longevity in my family, that I'm aware. I might be wrong. My family is big.

I can't imagine losing a son or daughter at any age.
My family doesn't have have a great longevity record. My grandparents made it into their mid 80's, but I my mother, father, and only brother all died long before they reached my age. I do have a living cousin who is 93 and in decent health.

I know nobody expects their kids to die first. My family most die at80 had one great aunt lived lived to 99. I like living now but at a very old age it is probably just too much trouble.

My family only tends to make is to 80. My wife's family? 100 is typical and she just had a great aunt die at 106 a few years back. On the plus side McCain's mom man not have even realized who had passed. The majority of people that age suffer from some sort of dementia. I'm not saying there's anything good about dementia.

@JerryHendrickson My family only tends to make is to 80. My wife's family? 100 is typical and she just had a great aunt die at 106...

I've never known anyone to live that long. You might be right, I never thought about her having dementia and at that age, she might have it.

No, not that degree of longevity in my family that I know of. My father is 89, and my deceased mother's remaining sibling is 92. Both of them are doing pretty well. Both of them have suffered the death of their only son.

I've been watching the coverage of John McCain's memorials. The pain of those who loved him is evident and heart-wrenching.

@Piper2 No, not that degree of longevity in my family that I know of. My father is 89, and my deceased mother's...

89 is a long time in my estimation.

McCain was well loved by his family and most of the nation.

A great grandmother and a great aunt lived well into their nineties.Plenty of others making to their late eighties.

No based upon my family genetics I should be dead in about 5 years.

The longevity in my family is mid 80s, but my Mom and Dad are in their late 70s and very active. I hope they'll up the longevity percentage.