September 01, 2018--- Do You Recall Roughly Where You Were In Your Life Thirty Years Ago This Day?

Image for post September 01, 2018--- Do You Recall Roughly Where You Were In Your Life Thirty Years Ago This Day?
54% This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... 8% OMG-- All A Blur. I Remember Little..... 15% Other..... 23% Other
Sir_Whatzs avatar Life
6 29

I was preparing to move from winston salem, nc to charlotte, nc.
29 years old, i had the world by the short hairs!

I do not remember exactly where I was on that date, but I do remember more than "roughly" what was going on in my life and with those I loved then.

Elementary school, learning all the wonderful stuff there is to know about the world.

@2807568

That was during the high school chemistry classes.

@2807784

Especially exploding liquid compouds. Never learned how to cook up plastic explosives, though.

One part of me was in my mother's ovaries while the other part of me wouldnt even be synthesized yet for another 7 years.

I had just started my new job at the university that year ... and I retired this past January. a smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... +6Reply

-11 here. My parents were acquainted, but not married yet.

I was less than 1 month into my new position at the phone company. The move had effectively double my salary over my previous job as an information services consultant at the Catholic church. It was a thursday (I looked that up) so I would have been working, wearing a three-piece suit and Florsheim wingtip shoes (I still have them but have not worn them in 20 years.) My hair was jet black (now all gray) and I weighed 30 lbs less than I do now. I was living with (not yet married to) my first wife who was executive vice president of a data processing company. I drove a Chevy Impala she drove a Peugeot 505. We lived downtown in a newly developed high rise on the riverfront.

VicZincs avatar VicZinc This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... +5Reply
@2807503

I didn't know you were my age

I was in complete turmoil. It was the worst time in my life. Had a 3 month old daughter; my girlfriend took her and left me because I got into a DWI car crash. I lost my job and went into a very deep depression.

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... +4Reply
@VicZinc Ouch. Life can throw curveballs.

There is good news though! I turned my life around, started moving in the right direction, and and everything turned out well, largely because my wife is so awesome.

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... +2Reply

Yeah, and I could have made better decisions.

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... +1Reply

Nine years old and didn't have a care in the world. 乂º◡º乂

I was still in the workforce, had just sold our home, moved into an apartment while having a new home built.

I can't remember last Tuesday much less nearly 3 decades ago

Let’s see, 1988. I would have been 23 and living in Sacramento. Not one of the more exciting eras of my life. Had just moved from San Diego.

Being September 1st I could have been at a rugby match-like I was today.

In some pre-incarnate state. And inside two Cossacks in their early twenties.

Mashas avatar Masha This Was Going On In My Life At The Time.... 0Reply