+19

I don't like unexpected changes.

I'll take the change I know it's coming or that I know it's possible, but the "surprise-bitch" change is not welcome. I'll still take it, obviously, but I'll curse it all along the way.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/168f77c547df035e52ab98a72f9ccf1b/tenor.gif
Sofias avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
12 21

I definitely don't like sudden changes, I even get annoyed when someone tells me I should do something, hate being bossed around. I'm pretty slow on sudden changes and until I come to terms with them on my own I will keep resisting.

@Sofia Exactly the same.

I've had a friend keep telling me to watch dragon balls and just because of that I have refused to watch it.

@Sunny_the_skeptic I've had a friend keep telling me to watch dragon balls and just because of that I have refused to watch it.

I've had a "friend" that didn't want me to watch Grey's Anatomy because the show was "hers", so I started watching regiously. Still one of my favourite series xD

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +6Reply
@Sofia I've had a "friend" that didn't want me to watch Grey's Anatomy because the show was "hers", so I started watching...

Seems like she used reverse psychology on you very efficiently. Gray's anatomy never gripped me, but House's grumpy jackassery and total violation of any and all medical ethics won my heart.

@Sunny_the_skeptic Seems like she used reverse psychology on you very efficiently. Gray's anatomy never gripped me, but House's grumpy...

Nope. That wasn't reverse psychology. She really didn't want me to watch it. She did the same with some songs. Childish behaviour.
Ah, House. Now's that a jerk I like xD

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +5Reply

Some changes turn out to be for the best, but normally those are the ones you go after.
Unexpected changes are like you liking chocolate and hating skittles, and I throw one M&M until a bowl of skittles, then wish you good luck with it.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +6Reply

Nothing comes unannounced, but we often miss the announcement.

The main culprit is thinking our plans are somehow separate from everyone else’s plans.

My technique is to not believe anything. If we believe in something, we are automatically precluded from believing its opposite.

Change is only change if we believe we were on the path. That's not to say we should not be on any path or that we should not make any plans, we should have plans; it is to say that we need to stop believing ours is the only path, and understand it is just a path, just a plan, there are infinite paths and plans all equally beautiful.

We need to see deviations from our current path as opportunities to cherish and explore.

That's one thing that I really don't like either. #ReasonsForInventingNewCurseWords

Well, since my life is going down the craphole, any unexpected change can only be a good one.

Bring on any change unexpected or expected.
It keeps life interesting.
It keeps me awake and on my toes.
It promotes my ability to adapt.
Change creates something new.
Change is as good as a holiday.

I don't like changes at all, but they happen all the time, so I live with them.

Neither do I. How're you Sofia?

Although some of the changes around here have been for the better.