+3

Latest data indicates that 2 out of 5 Americans cannot afford one all of these things: food, housing, healthcare or utilities, and so must choose which to pay for. I am beginning to think the rapture did happen and we all failed.

We have the money, the power, the medical understanding, the scientific know-how, the love and the community to produce a kind of human paradise. But we are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary. We are led by the least among us and we do not fight back against the dehumanizing values that are handed down.

VicZincs avatar
2 23

Rapture, no. Failure, yes.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +4Reply

A time-honored series of life events: graduating from high school (at least), getting a full-time job, and marrying before having kids (in that order) almost guarantees success.

I agree. There are a lot of people who can't afford a home, where's all the great paying jobs Trump is always talking about. There are jobs out there, but they don't pay much.

@2809767

Sounds good to me. You have a decent paying job.

Seems that not everyone can, even when employed.
https://www.businessinsider.com...-stamps-2018-8

@2809769

Many poor people are happy. They often would like to work.

Yet they get them anyway.

Anonymous