+10

There will always be nitwits who forget this, amirite?

Image for post There will always be nitwits who forget this, amirite?
Mcflys avatar Politics
4 23
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Speaking of nitwits, I think we have a long lost one in our midst. You just jump right in and start insulting Christians without provocation.
That's pretty lame.

It doesn't mention free healthcare, free housing, or free food either.

@Budwick It doesn't mention free healthcare, free housing, or free food either.

No those sentiments evolved over time, Budwick, even though people like yourself did not.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Budwick Sentiments? You think the Constitution is sentiments? That's cute.

"free healthcare, free housing, or free food either."

Your words, not mine.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dru18 "free healthcare, free housing, or free food either." Your words, not mine.

Yes, my words that I exclaimed are NOT in the Constitution. (healthcare, housing, and food are not 'sentiments' by the way)

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dru18 Yes, they are. 1.a view of or attitude toward a situation or event; an opinion.

And HOW exactly are healthcare, housing, and food possibly viewed as an attitude or opinion.

@Budwick And HOW exactly are healthcare, housing, and food possibly viewed as an attitude or opinion.

I see you omitted the word "free" that was in your original comment.

Meaning, our attitude has evolved in helping those who are less fortunate than ourselves.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dru18 I see you omitted the word "free" that was in your original comment. Meaning, our attitude has evolved in helping...

Maybe YOUR attitude has evolved.

I've ALWAYS helped others less fortunate. That's how I was brought up. That's what I learned at home and in church, etc. I didn't need government assistance to tell me how to help others. I never was 'compelled' to be good. I didn't need to be taxed or have my allowance garnished to pay for someone to be nice for me. [Personally, I think it would take a lot of the goodness of being helpful to others away, if I were forced to do it.)

And still, not one iota of any of that is in the Constitution. It simply ain't there Dru. Gooey sentiment is not part of government.

@Budwick Maybe YOUR attitude has evolved. I've ALWAYS helped others less fortunate. That's how I was brought up. That's...

Last time I checked, you are one person, not a village.

I never said it was in the Constitution. And it's not gooey.

dru18s avatar dru18 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dru18 Last time I checked, you are one person, not a village. I never said it was in the Constitution. And it's not gooey.

OMG!
Are you still on Hillary's 'It takes a village to raise a child' thing?
No Dru, it takes parents to raise a child.

Wow, you can really drag a conversation off course.

@2809622

Yes it does. Of course every 4th grade civics class student can tell you that it is not referring to 'food stamps'. Maybe they will cover it in your class next year.

General Welfare. The concern of the government for the health, peace, morality, and safety of its citizens. Providing for the welfare of the general public is a basic goal of government. The preamble to the U.S. Constitution cites promotion of the general welfare as a primary reason for the creation of the Constitution ..

We can't count on that much now-they change it whenever they like.

I've seen way too many people saying the USA Constitution and the USA's government in itself was based on Christianity, or something of the sort.
Some of the founding fathers said the exact opposite. When pointed that out, I've seen those people deny that, calling it lies, or saying that was not what they meant.

I've seen stuff like this happening all over the world. Denying historical evidence to fit a narrative. Well, if the government isn't doing it, then that's good enough in my book.

Since they've never read it, I doubt they would forget it.

@StarzAbove Since they've never read it, I doubt they would forget it.

It's part of Business Law; anyone with a business degree has read it as a requirement.

doesn't contain muslim, islam, or illegal immigration either, it doesn;t say right to bear arms but restricted to muskets either, it doesn't say restricted free speech, yet these are all things liberals want to see happen in USA and worse