+2

Walking downtown I nod and smile at almost everyone in this diverse city, blacks, Hispanics, those wearing hajibs, turbans, yarmulkes, but I am prejudiced, I fear and avoid those wearing red hats especially those with confederate flag teeshirts. I know this is intolerance on my part and I am trying to accept them in my heart, but it is hard. I associate that style of dress with hatred and right-wing terrorism.

VicZincs avatar
4 50
@2810558

It does, thanks for yours.

I missed that music, but I don't listen to it (or watch those shows) because I don't approve of the real meaning behind those symbols, that is the belief that skin color determines worth. Like it or not. A swastika has history too, but a guy with one tattooed on his arm is making a statement about his belief in white supremacy. Sorry.

Comparing red maga hats with swastikas and Confederate flags is hysterics at their liberal worst.

@Will_Janitor Comparing red maga hats with swastikas and Confederate flags is hysterics at their liberal worst.

The same as comparing mothers with their babies to MS16, or Syrian refugees to the Saudis who committed 9/11. Too many people give the president a pass for doing the things that they would call me to the carpet over.

@Will_Janitor I must have missed those comparisons, but have at it.

I just thought I'd throw that in. Just to see if the "hysterics" label only applied to "liberal" folks or if the equivalent comparison we see and hear daily also count as "hysterics".

As a side note: the root of Hysterics (of the womb) implies that woman with active wombs (i.e., of child-bearing age) have wildly emotional and exaggerated reactions. I always found that an interesting factoid. I prefer the term "irrational" - which is how I view my bias in this matter.

@VicZinc I just thought I'd throw that in. Just to see if the "hysterics" label only applied to "liberal" folks or if the...

In that case, perhaps some of the more hysterical liberals of whatever gender should seek to have an emotional hysterectomy. hehe smilie

@2810944

Works for me. Too bad you didn't also point out that: Democrat , Liberal, Marxist, Socialist, Progressive, Communist, etc. are not interchangeable and do not have single all encompassing meaning.

I was carefully, I thought, to make it clear that this post was about me and not others.

@2811049

Indeed, and thank you. But you might remember I play for "votes" because the site doesn't count them toward the HoF. You seldom vote. So be it.

@2810944

Wow! You are my hero!

@2810562

And racism is a real belief, but I don't support it.

@2810569

I am admitting my bias, I think that is healthy and helps me see my own faults.

I don't nod and smile at everyone on the street. If they do it first, I'll do it back, but that's it. But if they're wearing certain propagandas clothes, chances are I'll walk by without even a nod.

I have plenty of bias. I don't like racists, sexists, xenophobes, homophobes, religious fanatics, and all sorts of the kind. Any group of people that their belief is focused on pushing someone else below them because "we're better/superior/righteous", newsflash: I won't be okay with it. And if someone wears clothes depicting such things, I will not be smiling at them. In fact, I will be prone to dislike them right off the bat.

The least you have to fear.Is the ones with the red hats.

hootowls avatar hootowl Disagree +5Reply

It sounds like you have a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. There aren't individuals or gangs of people in MAGA hats terrorizing people, you literally have nothing to fear from them, so your fear is not based in reality, it's based in fantasy. Who put that fantasy in your head? Probably the "mainstream media", the same organizations that have lied America into every war in your lifetime. If you're going to fear something, fear lies, fear yellow journalism and the hysteria it creates, THAT is genuinely dangerous.

@Maze It sounds like you have a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. There aren't individuals or gangs of people in MAGA...

Yes, media does have a way of making us fear people based on the actions of a few members. So does POTUS- making some think that all Mexicans are rapist or all Syrians are ISIS.

@VicZinc Yes, media does have a way of making us fear people based on the actions of a few members. So does POTUS- making...

Vic, was it POTUS saying that, or was that just the way yellow journalists characterized what he said? Because I've heard both what Trump said and what was reported by the press, and it seemed to me that Trump made valid points and the media mischaracterized what he said due to their political bias and willingness to mislead their audience.

Why put red hats, Confederate flags, and swastikas in the same category? Believe it or not, a MAGA hat does not equate to racism.

@DandyDon There's no drama in the truth..

To them,if it's done by a conservative, it must be racist, sexist, or homophobic. Nothing is farther from the truth.

I see Liberals purposely dividing the country as Conservatives try to bring it together, constantly.

@JerryHendrickson To them,if it's done by a conservative, it must be racist, sexist, or homophobic. Nothing is farther from the...

I can't do anything about the way they chose to think.

Main Stream Media can make people that follow it, believe in ridiculous things.

It's their goal to keep blind followers foaming at the mouth with hate.

I don't have hate in me, like that.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree -1Reply

Vic why would you not smile at every person? If they are old ladies in a group they could be the red hat club. That exists and it has nothing to do with politics

I don't nod and smile at very many people, and that includes those wearing confederate flag teeshirts,.... if that's what they want to wear, so be it. Matters not to me one way or another.

@StarzAbove What do you suggest we do?

You are among those already doing it.

We say it, loudly. We post, we protest, we make it known that we find evil unacceptable.

@VicZinc You are among those already doing it. We say it, loudly. We post, we protest, we make it known that we find evil...

I've posted my feelings many times on here, I think everyone knows how I feel. and all it got me was a lot of hateful comments and personal attacks. It's been very exhausting.

@VicZinc They hate it when we use their method against them.

You're right. I always know when I've hit a nerve, out comes the personal attacks. lol

Walking down the street, I smile at everyone.
Unless they just simply look like a mad asshole, that wouldn't crack a smile, no matter what.

Doesn't matter to me what their skin color is or if they're wearing a Malcom X, Black Lives Matter or whatever else kind of hat they choose to wear..

There is one significant difference in the subject of hat wearing, you brought up.
You can wear your hat, whatever you choose to wear and feel safe about it.

But if someone might choose to wear a simple red hat, saying "Make America Great Again".
They have to think about it twice because they could be beaten by a group of people that claim to be the most tolerant people on Earth.

Don't give up...coming out of the closet can't be easy for you.
Admitting you're a racist... is a start to the path of your possible cure..

Maybe you can start off slowly... by nodding and smiling at the blacks, hispanics etc.. that don't agree with your politics, even though they're not white.

Yea there's plenty of blacks, hispanics and other people that agree with those hats.

Don't fool yourself, they just chose not to wear them because they know there's those very tolerant people like yourself out there.

@DandyDon Walking down the street, I smile at everyone. Unless they just simply look like a mad asshole, that wouldn't crack...

Sure. And lots of people would like to wear swastikas and are afraid to.

And lots of people will never admit, even to themselves that they have prejudice, glad I am not one of them. I have faults.