Do you have solar panels in your home?

Image for post Do you have solar panels in your home?
18% Yup 76% Nope 6% Other
primeiros avatar Animals & Nature
7 10

They don't work well with snow on them for 4 months a year. If l lived somewhere in the southwest I'd probably look at it.

If i ever need a new roof or find a new house I want to look into it. I have an inside the house solar heater in my bay window. Very nice.

My sister does. at her summer cottage. They are old tech, though, and I doubt the efficiency is any good. Newer solar cells have a lot better conversion rates, but... She doesn't stay over there that often, so...

Not at the moment but it's been on my mind. They are really pushing it and the State gives a large rebate to have them installed. But my electric and gas bills aren't really high enough to warrant the expense.

No, they aren't popular here. In fact I have never seen them on a home.

@2811970

lol. Now that's a good idea!

I don't because there is no company installing them around here

We used to ,but the winters here are not very helpful.Snow and ice used to pile up on them in the winter.Not much winter sun.
Up state they are starting solar farms.They are as ugly as hell.