VicZincs avatar Politics
4 53

From what I've seen as an outside observer, making America great again is about making the country a safe, prosperous and free nation again... for every citizen. That's something most people want, but the left obviously doesn't want to support their opposition, so the only thing they can do is mischaracterize MAGA so it seems less attractive to the public.

If you take a look at history, the Republican party was formed to end slavery, and when they won, the first GOP president Abraham Lincoln ended slavery. The Democrats opposed ending slavery and were the party that instituted Jim Crow segregation laws. They still use racism to divide people, they're the ones who are constantly making everything about race and identity. The only identity that matters to the GOP is American. So the left twists that into being something racist when in reality it's the opposite.

@Maze From what I've seen as an outside observer, making America great again is about making the country a safe...

Thanks Maze!
I'm proud having friends like yourself.

Here you are from our neighbor Canada with more knowledge of our political party history than most US citizens - INCLUDING those in congress!

Thank you

@Maze Thank you Budwick

You two should get a room

@Flrdsgns You two should get a room

Does it make you uncomfortable to see people getting along?

@Budwick Does it make you uncomfortable to see people getting along?

Getting along, no, doesn't make me uncomfortable, fawning over each other like a couple trans, is a little off putting

@Flrdsgns Getting along, no, doesn't make me uncomfortable, fawning over each other like a couple trans, is a little off putting

So, you're a homophobe?
Hmm, I would not guessed that.

[PS - Someone has tossed a monkey wrench into your 'gaydar'; it's on the fritz.]

[PPS - I wonder what I will be suspended for now. I used the words gay, monkey and fritz all in one sentence. A trifecta of offense!]

Here’s a little civics lesson for those brainwashed regressionist and reactionaries.

During the 1860s, Republicans, who dominated northern states, orchestrated an ambitious expansion of federal power, helping to fund the transcontinental railroad, the state university system and the settlement of the West by homesteaders, and instating a national currency and federal support of the poor and disenfranchised families. After the Civil War, Republicans passed laws that granted protections for African Americans and advanced social justice. I would have happily joined that party.

Fast forward to 1936 when president Franklin Roosevelt (a Democrat) won reelection that year on the strength of the New Deal, regulation of financial institutions, welfare and pension programs, infrastructure development and several other programs that had been the stalwart of the republican party platform. Roosevelt’s republican opponent Alf Landon, opposed these exercises of federal power and campaigned on “smaller government" - an idea that was, at that time, abhorrent to his Republican base who, since the time of Lincoln had been pro-federalist, pro-big-government and against states rights.

This is when the Democratic party of small-government became the party of big-government, and the Republican party of big-government became rhetorically committed to curbing federal power.
Some people point to William Jennings Bryan who blurred party lines by emphasizing the government's role in ensuring social justice through expansions of federal power — he was a democrat but his ideas had always been the ideas of the Republican party.

Regardless of what cause the “switch” the Republican party's current small-government platform was cemented in the 1930s with its heated opposition to the New Deal.

Both parties tried to promised the little guy a bite of the apple that had previously gone almost exclusively to the banking and business sectors as a result of the financing and supplies needs to fuel the western expansion. The movement west left little for the farmers and homesteaders - this was the subject and point of Bryant’s famous “Cross of Gold” speech - which is well worth listening to if you never have.
Anyways at some point around 1940 Democrats stuck with favoring federally funded social programs and benefits — while Republicans continued to favore hands-off government. The Republicans still were about "bigger businesses" - it's just that before WWWII bigger businesses was helped by bigger government, government spending and westward expansion. Now it is helped by less regulation and lower taxes.

So what has this to do with racism? The Democrats were pro-slavery and the Republicans ended slavery. That much is history. With the “switch” in economic and civic policy came a switch by the republicans away from support for welfare (it is poor business) and toward incarceration (as part of their law-and-order platform).

Democrats see the anti-welfare position as racist - republicans argue that welfare is inherently racist. Incarceration rates appear statistically to be racist - pro-jail = anti-race, according to democrats.

Closed borders in-and-of themselves don’t imply racism, but when the head of the republican party makes it clear that immigrants from Norway are welcome but not from a list of “shithole” countries that are all places were people have dark skin, it seems like maybe the republican prefer lighter skinned people to darker skinned people.

The frosting on the cake is when republicans argue that dark skinned teens should be treated as adults when they are accused of crimes (they didn’t say dark skinned, they just give names like Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice and Michael Brown) but that a light skinned person accused of crimes as a teen had only committed a “youthful indiscretions” (again no mention of skin color just names like Kavanaugh, and Trump).

@VicZinc Here’s a little civics lesson for those brainwashed regressionist and reactionaries. During the 1860s...

I hope that was read. I get so tired of the....democrats are racists, abraham lincoln was a republican, the war, blah, blah, blah.

Are you like programmed to forget the southern strategy? How do you not know that glaring part of American political history. Do you just enjoy being misleading?

Well Vic, it's the left extremists (like yourself) that believe that.
It's truly unfortunate that you and the rest of the lemmings have been led by the media and your lying congressional democrats.

Tell you what Vic. Toss all your resistance ideas and come join us! We'll work together to make America great again!

@VicZinc

Yeah, left wing extremist BS like that.
I don't think you pulled that from an NRA publication, did you?

That's a complete crock of shit. I don't know anyone who threatens to kill teens and women. Why lie?

@JerryHendrickson That's a complete crock of shit. I don't know anyone who threatens to kill teens and women. Why lie?

I didn't say kill. I said abuse and assault. I am glad you don't know any. I can post dozen of tweets today alone calling for the death of Dr. Ford for daring to speak out, and many examples of POC being shot for doing the same thing that light skinned people do with impunity.

@JerryHendrickson That's dozens; you stereotyped the an entire demographic on the actions of dozens.

I did?

I said "for too many." If only one person felt that way I would claim that is "too many."

I hope you didn't think I meant "all".

@2811974

I didn't realize Dr Ford was an elected official. I have done my share of defending our president and called out those who showed disrespect.

These two come to mind:

http://www.amirite.com/805932-d...matter-between

http://www.amirite.com/801066-i...nt-elect-trump

@VicZinc I didn't say kill. I said abuse and assault. I am glad you don't know any. I can post dozen of tweets today...

Has Dr Ford spoken out?
Has ANYONE of consequence actually spoken to her?
As far as I know Feinstein hasn't even shared an unredacted letter as yet.
Dr. Ford is holding the Kavanaugh confirmation hearing hostage - refusing to 'speak out' at home, in Washington, in public or private.

So, where are you getting this crap about speaking out?

Assaulting women and abusing minorities?

Oh, like Bill Clinton and Teddy Kennedy, for example?

Nah, I don't think many MAGA people want that.

@VicZinc See response to Bozette, even one is "too many"

But evidently not if the one is a Democrat, eh? hello smilie

@Thinkerbell But evidently not if the one is a Democrat, eh?

Well, it's probably not on MSM [can't imagine why], but Sherrod Brown, US Senator for Ohio for the past 44 years is having to deal with his own #MeToo moment.

It seems he had a bitter divorce 20+ years ago and roughed his now ex. There were restraining orders filed, etc.

The ex these days of course is saying it was just a misunderstanding. But, THIS accusation actually has some proof!

Will Vic demand impeachment of the Senator now?

@Budwick Well, it's probably not on MSM [can't imagine why], but Sherrod Brown, US Senator for Ohio for the past 44 years is...

Not until you call for Trump's on the strength of Ivana's later recanted claim.

Not sure I ever called for impeachment because of a me-too accusations- but for guilt.

@Budwick So, doing the right thing is conditional for you, eh?

Of course, that's par for libs.

Look at all the conditions the good Dr. Blasey-Ford's lawyers are trying or have tried to set before she agrees to testify under oath.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/...ump/index.html

@VicZinc Why would you exempt democrats

Not I, Kemo Sabe. hello smilie

Try again. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Not I, Kemo Sabe. Try again.

Not sure where you are trying to take this but no one should be thinking like that. I hope you are not, because that is probably not what it means.

You are trying to blame the entire group for the actions of a few.
Are you saying that Ford should not be questioned on the details of her accusation? Of course, I do not agree with death threats to anyone of either side of the isle.

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Disagree +2Reply
@ozzyboy You are trying to blame the entire group for the actions of a few. Are you saying that Ford should not be...

No I am not trying to say that, I am saying "Too many think" I hope it is a small number that think that, but however many it is, it is too many.

@VicZinc No I am not trying to say that, I am saying "Too many think" I hope it is a small number that think that, but...

"Too many think" sounds very much like a code to me. The left refuses to allow any question of motive or behavior of this person. Have we progressed to the Hunger Games so fast?

ozzyboys avatar ozzyboy Disagree +1Reply
@2811975

Are you saying bullshit because you think:

-not enough people believe this, or
-no people believe this, or
-exactly the right amount of people believe this

?

@2812006

It is not true and too many of you people believe it.

I don't think that was ever the way in USA Mexico yes, they have some strange ideas in that place.

That is happening as we speak with the accusations against Kavanaugh are being made for sexual assault. Already Professor Ford is being called a liar, trashed and demeaned, even had to move. They want to take women back to the 50's when some men wanted to keep their women at home, and how dare them have an opinion of their own. And if Kavanaugh is seated as Supreme Court Justice, looks like that might just happen.

You're right

Trishs avatar Trish Agree +1Reply
Anonymous