Do you forget stuff behind in hotels?

I've lost count how many clothes and phone charges I've found while cleaning the rooms.

55% No 18% Yes 23% Sometimes 5% Other
Sofias avatar Jokes & Humour
7 27
@2812017

Yup. I tend to double check.

Forgot a favorite pillow once when i was in my twenties. THAT never happened again.

@2812051

Not a doubt about it.
I still have it's replacement as my favorite. Down lasts a lifetime:)

@2812058

Indeed, rev:)

I travel quite a bit and have a routine on how I check my hotle room twice before I check out.

Also, when I stay in a hotel for 4 days or less, I put up the do not disturb sign and make my own bed. I always leave with everything I took in when I do that. In the past, I used to find some things not the way I left them a couple times.

@JustJimColo Also, when I stay in a hotel for 4 days or less, I put up the do not disturb sign and make my own bed. I always...

I tend to put stuff exactly where people left it so nothing goes missing. For example, if it's on top of the bed, I do the bed, then I put the stuff where I found it.

@Sofia I tend to put stuff exactly where people left it so nothing goes missing. For example, if it's on top of the bed, I...

Most people who work in the hotel industry are honest but I've encountered a couple who weren't. I lost a digital camera and some computer equipment over the years. It's worse overseas.

@JustJimColo Most people who work in the hotel industry are honest but I've encountered a couple who weren't. I lost a digital...

I don't leave anything expensive back in the hotel if I'm not there. I expect the worse, even if me and my coworkers wouldn't act like that.
I've lost count how many times I go to clean a room while the residents are out, and they leave their phones, tablets, wallets, even money lying around. We're a little friendly place, yes, but people are far too trusting sometimes.

No, have never left anything behind, we do a double check before we leave.

Sidia - Do you manage a hotel? I wonder because I worked for a Tech company that made only hotel programs, so wonder if you know what your place uses?

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred Sidia - Do you manage a hotel? I wonder because I worked for a Tech company that made only hotel programs, so...

I'm a general assistant in a "hotel" (it's kind of an Inn), with a pub and restaurant.
I can honestly say I have no clue what you're talking about.

@Sofia I'm a general assistant in a "hotel" (it's kind of an Inn), with a pub and restaurant. I can honestly say I have no...

OK Sofia - I am asking if you have an on line or computer booking system, if you do who makes/sells it? Maybe your place is more hands on than computer?hello smilie

Some used condoms, which - I assume - were later used to conceive 28 thousand children. Nothing serious or sinister, not even a nuclear device. Well, perhaps once.

@2812504

Yup, that's true. Normally people are neat here with stuff like that, so until now (since November), we've only found one used condom.

I've been to hotels very few times.

I'd like to confidently say "No", but I've forgotten a jacket at work once, so I'm not sure if I trust myself that much. >.<

Anyway, I'd always double-check.