Why are the Republican Senators so afraid to let the FBI investigate this situation. What's the big hurry to get this guy confirmed, are they afraid of what is coming out against him? Heaven forbid if they catch him in lies. If Kavanaugh is innocent, it looks like it would be to his advantage to have them investigate. If this woman is lying, then the FBI would find out. Something is very fishy with what's going on with this nomination. I hope this professor comes forward and tells us what REALLY happened. Your thoughts?

.......

SIX MORE Witnesses Willing to Speak Out About Brett Kavanaugh☼ Save on thousands of audiobooks → http://www.blinkist.com/pakman --Six more witnesses are willing to speak out about Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee B...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXnkn-nVg3Y
StarzAboves avatar People & Celebrities
2 34

If she speaks, then we will see a lot of bullying going with these old senators to try to demean her.... I hope she comes forth, holds her own, and tells us what really happened.

I don't see what good it would do for the FBI to investigate. Kavanaugh has been investigated 5 times by the FBI in his career. Unless Ford can come up with a date, a place, and witnesses, then there really is nothing to investigate.
I may not agree with Kavanaugh's politics, but the man has had a pretty stellar career. To have someone make an accusation, with no proof is wrong on so many levels.

@Flrdsgns I don't see what good it would do for the FBI to investigate. Kavanaugh has been investigated 5 times by the FBI...

Even Bush let the FBI investigate Anita Hill's accusations. We haven't heard what she has to say, and if the FBI investigated this allegation, then they would be talking to this guy she says was in the room. And he doesn't want to talk, why. What has he got to hide.

Stellar career, yes, but we don't know much about his personal life. Especially since the REpublicans wouldn't reveal all the documents about him. Something is not right with this person, and I hope the truth comes to light, he's heading for the most important court of our land, this new allegation needs to be investigated thoroughly.

No proof? she told her husband about this, her therapist and probably others, but unless there is a thorough investigation it will be her word against his. She has a stellar reputation as well, so what benefits would she receive by telling a lie. He will be confirmed, we all know that....but let her tell her story, then see what happens.

If I were accused of something right now from when I was 17 years old, I would have a big problem with it. If this is the process future appointments to the SCOTUS will be using there will be no Supreme Court. All this is showing is how dishonorable and corrupt politicians can be.

@Will_Janitor If I were accused of something right now from when I was 17 years old, I would have a big problem with it. If this...

He'll be confirmed, I don't doubt that for one minute. My point is why not let the FBI investigate, maybe we would find out who is lying.
If she is lying, shame on her, if he is lying shame on him.

@Will_Janitor What would be used to prove anything from when they were 17 years old?

The FBI has ways of interrogating people and getting to the facts....that's all this woman is asking. And it would benefit K too if found there is nothing there.

Also, just as an aside. If this guy has nothing to hide, he says he doesn't remember any of that, then why is he spending days at the White House getting briefed on what to say. Doesn't that sound rather fishy to you?

@StarzAbove The FBI has ways of interrogating people and getting to the facts....that's all this woman is asking. And it...

I have no idea what he is getting briefed on, but what sounds fishy to me is a complaint from over 30 years ago that gets raised during the last week of the confirmation process.

@Will_Janitor I have no idea what he is getting briefed on, but what sounds fishy to me is a complaint from over 30 years ago...

It was not disclosed until she was ready to go public.

A guy holding his hand over a girl's mouth to muffle her screams while someone else turns up the volume on the stereo is indeed disturbing, to say the least.

@dru18 It was not disclosed until she was ready to go public. A guy holding his hand over a girl's mouth to muffle her...

If that happened, yes it would be disturbing. It also would have been documented and dealt with 35 years ago in juvenile court. But this circus is not over yet, but I believe the process is broken and the Supreme Court may not survive.

@Will_Janitor If that happened, yes it would be disturbing. It also would have been documented and dealt with 35 years ago in...

Most people who are the victims of sex crimes wait years before they come forward, look at the Catholic Church.

I agree, it is broken.

Evidently those guys weren't too drunk to know to muffle her sounds.... I hope we hear the full story and Kavanaugh is sent packing back to wherever he came from.

@Will_Janitor Why hear the full story when you have decided already?

I have not decided anything. All I'm saying is let her speak, let him speak, and let the FBI investigate.... and what's the big hurry.

That is a concern, but evidently it was known in July, but held until now. That's why I think the FBI should look into this. If this guy is innocent, then he deserves to know the truth too.

@StarzAbove That is a concern, but evidently it was known in July, but held until now. That's why I think the FBI should look...

I'm pretty sure he knows the truth. The FBI can't prove his innocence or guilt, all they can do is delay the appointment long enough to have a new congress. That's the whole point here. It has nothing to do with right and wrong, guilt or innocence.

@StarzAbove He'll be confirmed, I don't doubt that for one minute. My point is why not let the FBI investigate, maybe we...

How can we tell if she is lying ?She doesn't remember anything. she said,
her lie detector test took so long. They asked her two questions. She said
she didn't fly. When she flew all over the place.She didn't know who paid for her test. A lot of questions she couldn't answer and no one backed up her story. What's to believe ?

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/19/...-against-kavan

So my mistake.
The FBI would not be investigating it as a crime.
They would have to re-open the background investigation.

Reading between the lines ... it didn't show on the background check because (1) they don't normally go more than 7 years back, (2) they don't normally go back before the person was 18, and (3) there were no police records of the event. > And if she can't recall where it took place, as the article says, that makes it virtually impossible for the FBI to do anything other than interview the 3 individuals - which the Senate committee can do.

@Walt_OReagun https://www.npr.org/2018/09/19/...ions-against-k...

Thanks for the information. I think that's all she wants is for the FBI, not the Senate, to interview people. They are trained to do that, the Senate is not.

@2812273

So what?!

Does any of that make attempted rape okay?

@2812547

"anything a Woman says MUST be believed
anything a Man says is a lie"

No, but it should be INVESTIGATED.

Now that there is a second accuser, the Republicans are really trashing these women. All they have to do is let the FBI investigate, but they won't let that happen for fear these women are telling the truth. Professor Ford has even taken a lie detector; if Kavanaugh is so innocent why doesn't he take one as well.

Even on this site, the Republicans are showing their fear. I wonder if their 17 year daughter was raped or sexually assaulted they would feel the same.

@2812155

No, the FBI did not say that, they are willing to investigate, it was Trump that said that. All Trump has to do is give the go ahead and the investigation will start. Even Bush had the FBI investigate the Hill/Thomas accusations.

@StarzAbove No, the FBI did not say that, they are willing to investigate, it was Trump that said that. All Trump has to do...

According to NPR ... the FBI Director said it.

The President can ask them to investigate.
But they will not take it upon themselves to investigate a non-federal crime.

@Walt_OReagun According to NPR ... the FBI Director said it. The President can ask them to investigate. But they will not take...

They have to have the go ahead from the president. But he won't give it....

Can you give me a link?

That is the thing about false accusation, it hangs around even if proven innocent. You can truly ruin a reputation with only an accusation.

@AliceD That is the thing about false accusation, it hangs around even if proven innocent. You can truly ruin a reputation...

That's very true. I've been falsely accused here on the web....I know it's not true, but there are always some people wanting to believe the rumors that hurt others.

That's why I'm hoping the truth comes out soon.