+14

Just because a woman is prominent in certain show, it doesn't automatically means it's SJW Propaganda or PC Culture. Funny enough, women are real. They are all over the world. So, it's becoming quite ridiculous how no one can make a woman relevant without a bunch of insecure little people loosing their minds over it and claim oppression.

This comes from the new Doctor Who. The new Doctor is a woman - the comments were exactly what I expected. A few positive, some reluctant about the new Doctor (as it happens every time they change the Doctor), then a bunch of professional-snowflakes loosing their minds over the "SJW and PC Culture taking over", saying the show is complete shit (without seeing any episode), and the Doctor is dead.
Every single time a movie or show, or anything at all, is making a woman relevant, I see people saying men are being oppressed because of that. So, men are not being oppressed by gender norms pushed by our society, but because a woman is getting as much screen-time as a man? Yeah, makes perfect sense. People like that are the perfect example for: equality seems like oppression to the oppressor.

Image for post Just because a woman is prominent in certain show, it doesn't automatically means it's SJW Propaganda or PC Culture. Funny enough, women are real. They are all over the world. So, it's becoming quite ridiculous how no one can make a woman relevant without a bunch of insecure little people loosing their minds over it and claim oppression.
Sofias avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
10 54

I am old enough to have seen all the Doctors.Can't help thinking this is the BBC pandering to political correctness-they had already turned the Master into Missy-but Jodie Whittaker is a very good actress so good luck to her.Lots of people have moaned about the number of women in powerful positions in the Bodyguard.Get a life folks!

@ThePrinceofWales I am old enough to have seen all the Doctors.Can't help thinking this is the BBC pandering to political...

I don't think it is about PC, but just about what is more accepted now. There's this misinterpretation that if you give more relevance to non-white, non-straight and non-male, that means you're fitting yourself into the PC Culture. As far as I can see, they simply have more options now. 50 years ago, black lesbian wouldn't exactly be widely accepted on such a show, would she? Now, it's not an issue (still pisses some people, as they can't deal with seeing others on the same footing as them, but in general it's not an issue). You can put them on TV without angering the masses.
Btw, loved Missy xD

I don't know about Jodie Whittaker at all, or any of the new cast, which is why I'm so excited for it. I don't know them and I'm hoping for the best :D

I've never seen Bodyguards, but my boss talked about it. He says it's good.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply

I have loved all of the companions. They usually have more sensibility in them, than the Doctor himself. Let's see, if they become seriously daft and unwilling to co-operate now, that we have a female Doc.

@2812383

Hell, some women can hit the throne, standing up, better than I do.

@2812383

Yup, agreed.

Jane Bond? xD It reminds me of the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith, with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. They were pretty much a James Bond Couple.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply

Seems like the character will be exciting (even just from the look she makes in the picture you put in the post). :P

I liked the humble-sounding "I'm just a traveller" too.

I love women. Hell, even my mother is one. A woman as Doctor Who... Well... It's a modern take on the subject, but also weird. You misspelled "losing", by the way. It's not about screen time, it's about the character and the overall themes dealt by the series. I hope that new chick can pull it off with style, but even though - as a Finn - I'm very open to the idea, even I do have my own reservations about this sudden sex change operation. Doctor has been pissing standing up for a gazillion years, now she needs to relearn even that skill?

@ZonkeyBalls I love women. Hell, even my mother is one. A woman as Doctor Who... Well... It's a modern take on the subject, but...

I don't think is weird or that new. Like I said on my main comment, they changed the Master's gender and it was a success. But they change the main character and now is a problem? For me it's the same. The Doctor is the Doctor, I don't care which gender 13 falls under. Like I knew with Capaldi, and how so many were complaining because the Doctor was now old, I know I will love 13, woman or man. If they keep the Doctor's main points, the personality and the goodness, I will love it. I'm easy to please when it comes to Doctor Who (a little biased too, I'll admit).

I'm sure she can figure out. She's over 2000 years old, right? You wanna tell me the Doctor was standing up every single time? Don't think so xD

Edit: thanks. I can't edit now though ( -_-)

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +5Reply
@Sofia I don't think is weird or that new. Like I said on my main comment, they changed the Master's gender and it was a...

Yeah, if somebody said that a woman can't be the Doctor, then what is the point of the whole regeneration cycle? I'm just saying there are certain pointers, that need refined and careful considering now, that he is her.

EDIT: I have, by the way, watched all of the episodes of the renewed series so far. Including all of the Xmas specials.

@Sofia Agreed. Me too :D

I hope you didn't find it uncomfortable or weird, when I commented about your looks... You are extraodinarily beautiful and sexy woman, Sofia.

@2812391

Completely agree. I don't understand that idea of complaining without even seeing the full product, and nowadays, it happens all the time. The outrage era - everyone has to get mad about something everyday.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply
@2812374

That Ghostbusters reboot...

Horrible. Probably one of the worst films I have ever seen.

@2812374

I haven't seen it. I don't think I will. I love the cast, they are all amazing actors, but I've seen some videos and I just cringed mostly. I don't know if the movie is all like that, but I'm not really interested in watching all of it.

Oh, yeah, that I know. Overexageration is in fashion.
I'll take criticism of the show, like I've seen since I've started watching the Series. There's plenty of people that haven't liked any Doctor since Tennant. That's fair. Taste is taste. Like I said, there's always people reluctant to the New Doctors. Most get to love the changes, others not so much. But what I'm referencing isn't that.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply

Also, when it comes to driving, she is way, way, way better than I will ever be. Hell, I've crashed a Volvo, which I didn't even own and made it a three-wheeler. Just because I was stupid enough to give the extra turbo some boost, when coming up to a T-section.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbie_Eaton

@2812397

Please tell me that's a joke.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply
@2812397

Well, men are stupid occasionally, but would I love to make love to Sofia... Hell, yes. And I know, that might seem a bit sexist, but as a mostly heterosexual male... Well... She is quite beautiful. It's probably a common feature, when it comes to Portuguese women.

@2812406

I have to admit, that I didn't quite get that.

@2812408

Well, as I said, it can be seen as sexist. But now, I did get the point.... And I'm thinking about removing the post, but then again... Why would I? Things are as they are.

@2812410

Why not? If a woman doesn't want to know she is attractive... It's a whole new conundrum?

I mean, the concept of changing the gender of a Time Lord isn't even new. Master became Missy and Missy was spectacular.
Btw, this is the new trailer :D
When people need help I never refuse - YEESSS! That's the Doctor I know and love!
And just the way she says "I'm just a traveller", it seems like they're going to make the Doctor more humble? I always liked those characters that are absolutely amazing, but they're not full of themselves (maybe later, she will be more "full of herself", but I like to see the growing of it too). Also, a whole new cast and I don't know anyone. AHHH, I can't wait! I feel like I've been waiting for years xD

I hope after a few episodes are out, people judge it because of the Doctor's character, companions and stories, not because the Doctor is a woman.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +3Reply

I suggested this as the post of the day. Just sayin'...

What annoys me is when movies try to make women into men. When I see some scrawny little woman beating up a half dozen large men it's just stupid. There seems to be a lack of authentic female roles, as though Hollywood thinks women have to be exactly like men in order to have value.

The showrunner, which also wrote one of my favorite tv shows ever, is capable to present very nice female characters, but... As a franchise, Doctor Who... I'm still having certain concerns.

I haven't watched doctor who runs behind cover

@Sunny_the_skeptic I haven't watched doctor who runs behind cover

Lol xD It's not for everyone. But if you're up for a silly time-lord that travels through time and space with companions (mostly human), saving the universe and with two hearts of gold, I recommend it to you.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply
@Sofia Lol xD It's not for everyone. But if you're up for a silly time-lord that travels through time and space with...

I'm not saying I dont like it, I've literally never watched it, all I know is that it has a phone booth, probably not a lot of good cell coverage there.

This new website update is weird. Anyway.

If women existing is too PC for you, die. That's how I feel at this point. Anyone who is mad about a fictional time traveler being a woman is pathetic and doesn't deserve TV.

@2815273

Hmm.... how do they even know that? The first episode comes out in five days.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply
@2815280

Oh, okay. I taught that was a thing of two days before.

Anyway, good to know. I hope it keeps being good.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply

I don't mind women playing any kind of character. Lets face it, the roles are all fiction and unrealistic when you really look it them, be it a man OR a woman in the role. What I don't care for, is when they decide to change the sex, race, or whatever of a character, of a well known character to make some kind of PC statement. If you want a character in a movie to have super powers or be some sort of super spy, just create a new character. Don't try to make an existing character into something they aren't. It's like changing Wonder Woman into a man. It just doesn't work for me.

@JustJimColo I don't mind women playing any kind of character. Lets face it, the roles are all fiction and unrealistic when you...

It has been said before that the Time Lords change appearance, gender included. This is why complaining about this on Doctor Who makes no sense. It fits the narrative of the character, no matter how some people refuse to see it.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +1Reply
@Sofia It has been said before that the Time Lords change appearance, gender included. This is why complaining about this...

Doctor Who is a unique character that DOES change characters as part of his/her persona, so the character is unique in that way. There is no one "type" of person tied to the role. I don't have a problem with that character as a woman in a future incarnation.

I think I agree because yhere are more woman than men in the world.

Anonymous