Would you believe a man with a clipboard telling you you couldn't drive onto a road?

I was reading a book that mentioned an episode from the old candid camera. Seems they stood there telling people the state of Delaware was closed no more could go in. People stopped. Geesh, how times change. Try that today and the pickup trucks and mini vans would run them down.

Image for post Would you  believe a man with a clipboard telling you you couldn't drive onto a road?
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Life
5 12
@2813022

Know what, I wouldn't know what an official document or a warrant looked like,

The great depression, alcohol ban, clipboards, you Americans haven't had an easy life have you?

Yes, but I would ask WHY?

I'd probably stop and pull over...even if it wasn't a cop.

That's one prank that wouldn't work so good now.

It wouldn't take but a minute or two, to make a call and find out if that's a load of bull-crap or not.

@DandyDon I'd probably stop and pull over...even if it wasn't a cop. That's one prank that wouldn't work so good now. It...

Yes don, I would probably pull over long enough to say what the heck are you doing, but if no police, I am driving home no matter what he says.

This is way old why even show it anymore????