What's the best game you have ever played?

Board game,sport,whatever...

Image for post What's the best game you have ever played?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Internet & Apps
7 36
@2813468

So, am I wrong here, but you have three tries, instead of four, which makes it a bit faster than the American version?

@2813622

So, it's much more throw-oriented.

Got it. And also, now that I actually think about it, quite obvious.

@2813784

That's pretty much crap.

I like the American version a lot better, in that sense.

@2813784

We do play American version over here, you know... In a bloody country of 5.3 million people.

@2813792

I was quite astonished to notice, that they don't have an English - any version of the language - site, but... Yeah... Here is Wikipedia for the rescue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaahteraliiga

@2813795

Well, considering the fact, that we have less citizens than New York by millions... Yeah, it is weird. Especially this way up.

The game I grew up with and loved playing was American Football, but you can only dothat for so long. Ha!

@2813485

Panzerwaffe ist nicht so gut, helicopters, bwana! Some of my bloody friends are all over the place, calling that silly Russian Tank game, whatever it is called, great. I tried it once and it didn't really strike me as that great.

@2813611

Yeah, World of Tanks, pretty basic stuff. Fight and upgrade, nothing nothing new.

@2813619

World of Whales vs Submarines and Submerged Tanks. That's a different story.

Volleyball is the one I've enjoyed the most

@Sunny_the_skeptic Volleyball is the one I've enjoyed the most

I played basketball for two years and didn't even enjoy it that much. Volleyball is pretty cool, though.

I'd go for the obvious choice. Fallout 2. I did play the first one through many times, but it was filled with bugs. Black Isle released it ways before the realistic schedule, so it was pretty much in its Beta phase, when it came out. I didn't have Internet back then, so I couldn't even get the patches. It was pretty much at that turning point, when game studios started to release things way too soon, thinking people would simply download the fixes afterwards. Well, without the Hinternet, it is quite difficult to achieve. FO2 (which might seem a bit obscene, I admit) did quite much better in the stability department, although technically the first Fuck Off wasn't unstable as such, but did have the tendency to jam in certain places, such as the boxing match, that went on for days, since the silly girl with the sign wouldn't come out of the ring. Anyways, FO2 also improved the game mechanics and Black Isle obviously had a better understanding in the ways to balance different parts of the gameplay. I think I have completed the game five times.

Boycotted the third for years, but then they patched it to be much more realistic. The beginning of the game used to suck quite a lot, with the radiation all over the place, but... Finally, Bethesda came to its senses and patched it to be playable. Played all of the DLCs through as well. FO 4 was quite heavy, but finally with 300 euros and a new graphics card later, it was actually surprisingly enjoyable, although that constant "fix the power armor with two tin cans and a silver plate" cycle was quite annoying at first.

Pool.... 8-ball obviously. 乂^◡^乂

@Ada Pool.... 8-ball obviously. 乂^◡^乂

Virtual Pool was an excellent training tool for the real version two decades ago. I once placed 2nd in a tournament, lost to then-European champion - a woman - the final game with the black. She was a Finn, so it's all right.

@Ada Pool.... 8-ball obviously. 乂^◡^乂

By the way, watching that other silly thing on Eurosport... Well, not at this very moment, obviously... The older and less well-coordinated I become, the more I like snooker, which is quite horrible to play, but fun to watch.

@ZonkeyBalls By the way, watching that other silly thing on Eurosport... Well, not at this very moment, obviously... The older...

I use to love watching snooker. Good olde Jimmy White my granddad saw this guy hit a century break using a walking stick. 乂^◡^乂

@Ada I use to love watching snooker. Good olde Jimmy White my granddad saw this guy hit a century break using a walking...

I just saw Higgins coming out of 4-2 to 4-5 win against some silly young Chinese, who lost his nerve, when the old fox started doing his magic.

EDIT: Most people are watching the game for the wrong reason. I really, really enjoy the tactics and great snookers. This obviously makes no sense for the Americans, but playing safety is often the best option.

I loved playing volleyball and softball.