Trump Urged Spain to Build Wall Across Sahara Spanish minister says president offered advice on migrants Does anyone take Trump seriously?

Spain's foreign minister says President Trump offered the Spanish government some very Trumpian advice on dealing with an influx of cross-Mediterranean migrants. Josep Borrell says the president suggested building a wall across the Sahara desert, even though only two small enclaves in the region are Spanish territory, the Telegraph. Borrell, who accompanied Spanish royals to the White House in June, told an event in Madrid this week that when skeptical Spanish diplomats pointed out that such a wall would have to be more than 3,000 miles long, Trump said, incorrectly: "The Sahara border can't be bigger than our border with Mexico." A ministry spokesman tells the Guardian: "We can confirm that's what the minister said, but we won't be making any further comment on the minister's remarks."

Flrdsgnss avatar Politics
3 33

I was called ignorant when I posted about this on another forum.It wasn't that polite though!!

Too many do:[

@Carla Too many do:[

I know Carla, and I don't understand why those people believe everything that comes out of trumps mouth

No one takes him seriously anymore....they see him for he really is, a braggart, pretentious snob who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Yeah .. let's put a wall around the entire Sahara Desert ... then fill it with cats. Nobody will want to cross it, then.

LOL

people who aren't sheep and aren;t globalist leftist dictators do

Apparently Morocco thinks a lot of the idea. There is already a wall cordoning a corner of the Sahara. At 1,700 miles (2,700km) the Morocco Western Sahara wall, known as the Berm, is about 250 miles shorter than the US-Mexican border.

It is made of sand, patrolled by more than 100,000 Moroccan soldiers, and was designed to keep independence-seeking Sahrawis in the eastern part of the desert – and and away from the region’s natural resources.

https://www.theguardian.com/wor...-morocco-trump

@Budwick Apparently Morocco thinks a lot of the idea. There is already a wall cordoning a corner of the Sahara. At 1,700...

ok, then maybe a dirt wall along the Mexican border will serve the same purpose. Of course walking over a hill isn't much of a deterrent, but hey, it would be cheap

@Flrdsgns ok, then maybe a dirt wall along the Mexican border will serve the same purpose. Of course walking over a hill...

I thought the question was "Does anyone take Trump seriously?"

My response makes your original agenda uncomfortable so you respond with a new deflection.

THEY were trying to protect natural resources.

WE are trying to protect our sovereignty. I think we need something more formidable than a pile of dirt.

Electrify that dirt you got your wall, then implant everyone caught once with the chip that keeps them out. Much like electric dog fence. hehe smilie

Morocco didn't put up that sand dune in response to Trump's suggestion, unless you are saying that "wall" has only been up for a month or so.

What do you suggest the country does regarding the private property that borders Mexico? Should those ranchers and farmers be forced to give up their land? How about the Indian tribe, whose land is partially in the United States and partially in Mexico? Should they be walled off from their families and friends?

I think they do because every step he takes is voted down

@2814447

What else do they have to do in WV?

@2814763

Maybe in your virtual world, but not in the real one.

@2814780

Only the alt right people think he is doing a good job. Didn't know you were one of the white supremists JD. Good to know though.

@2814790

Yeah right, you're very knowledgeable, anyone who believe that, I have a bridge to sell them!

No one with an IQ over 75 takes Trump seriously.

@KB_ No one with an IQ over 75 takes Trump seriously.

Your avatar shows your I.Q. What me worry??????????????????