What are the odds of Blasey-Ford showing up to testify Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?

Congress is fast becoming a racy reality show!
Not fit for the children to watch anymore!
Shall we insist that democrats keep their hands clearly visible during the testimony?

Image for post What are the odds of Blasey-Ford showing up to testify --Monday--, --Wednesday--, --Thursday--, Friday?
27% 100% - She'll be there! It would be embarassing to dems if she didn't show. 36% 0% - Not a chance It would be embarassing to dems if she shows up. 36% Other
Budwicks avatar
6 88

No way she shows up.
She'll have some complaint or lame excuse.
Or, dems will make up some other BS reason to delay.
Not happening Friday though.

Budwicks avatar Budwick 0% - Not a chance It would be embarassing to... +4Reply
@Flrdsgns Looks like you were wrong again Bud, she did indeed "show up".

Yeah, but I foolishly believed she had a fear of flying.
Turns out she mislead everyone about that too.

Budwicks avatar Budwick 0% - Not a chance It would be embarassing to... 0Reply
@2813742

You got it right.
I goofed up.
I thought I had heard that Dr. Ford had a vet appointment Thursday or something - My bad.

Budwicks avatar Budwick 0% - Not a chance It would be embarassing to... +1Reply
@2813742

I think Thursday is supposed to be right.

@2813782

He has three women saying he behaved badly. Sounds like creepy drunken frat boy type crap.
We used to have very high standards regarding our supreme court justices.
Of course we had higher standards for potus, too.
And how do you know she is a liar? 200 hundred grand in debt? They could owe that much on a mortgage.

@2813887

Ted bundy had glowing reports about him from prominent people as well....just sayin'.
Trump has surrounded himself with dirty people his entire life. So...finding dirt is likely relatively easy.
And i agree that false reporting is a crime and should be punished.
She did pass a polygraph. Wonder if brett could do the same? Or would he even sit for one
????

@Carla Ted bundy had glowing reports about him from prominent people as well....just sayin'. Trump has surrounded himself...

She SAYS she passed a poly.
Somehow, the poly results and her counselors notes have not been 'available' for review.

Sounds like you've accepted a sketchy partial memory and have dismissed provable, documented, current, evidence that Kavanaugh ain't that kind of guy.

@Budwick She SAYS she passed a poly. Somehow, the poly results and her counselors notes have not been 'available' for...

Maybe not now. But i believe he was as a youngster. His church going, good boy claim is falling apart.

@2813929

I really don't think anything new will arise enabling anyone to have an "Ah-ha!" moment.

We'll all be left with her allegation and his denial

@2813934

Solid, you say?
Did she present anything new?

Budwicks avatar Budwick 0% - Not a chance It would be embarassing to... +2Reply
@Budwick Solid, you say? Did she present anything new?

She was confident in her statement, it's a case of who you believe I guess.

@Flrdsgns She was confident in her statement, it's a case of who you believe I guess.

Yea she did appear confident that something happened to he at some time, somewhere.

But the 'witnesses' she named all say she is mistaken.

THAT helped me tremendously in determining who I believe.

It seems someone did something bad to her a long time ago. But, it wasn't Kavanaugh, IMO

@Budwick Yea she did appear confident that something happened to he at some time, somewhere. But the 'witnesses' she named...

You could be right, I'm not convinced Kavanaugh is a sexual predator, but I do think he has a serious drinking problem.

@Flrdsgns You could be right, I'm not convinced Kavanaugh is a sexual predator, but I do think he has a serious drinking problem.

I do not share your concern.

The drinking stories dragged up were from when he was a teenager. Teen age drinking never works out well.

There was nothing discussed about drinking during his adult years. Nothing in any of the six FBI investigations or stories over his decades long judicial record.

@Budwick I do not share your concern. The drinking stories dragged up were from when he was a teenager. Teen age drinking...

I don't know, and since my opinion will make no difference, as I'm not a Senator, whether he is a drunk, or a rapist. What I do believe is the Democrats have hardened this guys conservative stance. Like Thomas, he will forever be suspect and like Thomas Kavanaugh will become even more conservative and will only vote with conservatives. I don't think this guy will ever be fair or listen to the other side again.

@Flrdsgns I don't know, and since my opinion will make no difference, as I'm not a Senator, whether he is a drunk, or a...

Is that based on his history of being fair and balanced?

Your opinion DOES make a difference. I'm counting on our opinions making a huge difference in November.

I expect Kavanaugh to be guided by the Constitution - that's the role of ALL the Supreme Court justices. They're not republican or democrat, conservative or liberal - at least they're not supposed to be.

@Budwick Is that based on his history of being fair and balanced? Your opinion DOES make a difference. I'm counting on our...

Supposed to be is the key word. Thomas, after the accusations, and hearing he went through 20 years ago, has made him the most conservative judge on the court. He has NEVER not voted the republican line. I think the same will happen with Kavanaugh. Both will refuse to even listen to the other side.

@Flrdsgns Supposed to be is the key word. Thomas, after the accusations, and hearing he went through 20 years ago, has made...

In those instances, did Thomas' decision appear to go against the Constitution?

Or, was it more against the left idea of the living / breathing / evolved document that doesn't exist?

@Budwick In those instances, did Thomas' decision appear to go against the Constitution? Or, was it more against the left...

I don't know bud, but every decision he has ever made since being on the court goes with whatever the republican party told him to do. I think Kavanaugh will do the same.

@Flrdsgns I don't know bud, but every decision he has ever made since being on the court goes with whatever the republican...

"whatever the republican party told him to do"
Where are you getting this crap?

Hang on Flanders - my prayers for you will kick in soon.

If you feel a tingling sensation, it's not the prayer, it may one your fantasies trying to block the incoming prayer though.

@Budwick "whatever the republican party told him to do" Where are you getting this crap? Hang on Flanders - my prayers for...

Kavanaugh, in his rant last night, not only cried like a little girl, but showed nothing but anger toward Democrats. He is obviously partisan, and therefore should not be on the supreme court. I don't think the guy is capable of being objective.

@Flrdsgns Kavanaugh, in his rant last night, not only cried like a little girl, but showed nothing but anger toward...

So, you prefer a justice devoid of feelings?
The process has been a hit job from the start. How could he NOT be upset? The dems have been scheming, lying, misrepresenting.
Kavanaugh's career and name ruined.

Your reasoning is in itself partisan.

@2813958

Well, she forgot that despite her fear of flying, which prevented her from testifying earlier, that she isn't so fearful afterall. She flies regularly.

She forgot who she gave her letters to a few weeks ago and when.

Her memory ain't all that.

@Budwick There are hundreds saying that Kavanaugh is a good man! For free!

A pedator knows not to attack all women.
Franken had a shitload of women saying he was a fine man. Y'all ignored them. Rightly.

@Budwick

Yep. Photographic proof that he is an ass with little/no respect for that woman.

He still has many who says he isnt "that" kind of guy.

I know guys that were horny and agressive as adolescents, most often when drunk. So...this story is believable to me on many levels.

@Carla Yep. Photographic proof that he is an ass with little/no respect for that woman. He still has many who says he...

So, the photograph is evidence that Franken was an ass.

All we have from Ford is a 36 year old fuzzy recollection.

@2813782

Doesn't she teach at Stanford? If she lives anywhere around silicon valley, 200K won't even buy a shed.

@2813885

Because you have debt does not mean you're broke.
Take a lesson from your hero, trump. He borrows for most everything.

@Flrdsgns Doesn't she teach at Stanford? If she lives anywhere around silicon valley, 200K won't even buy a shed.

Sorry, I don't understand.
Is that relevant to her credibility?
Hmm, wait a minute, maybe it is!
I wouldn't have suggested that she needed money that desperate dems could easily provide. But somehow I don't think that was your intention either.

Doesn't matter if she testifies or not, the damage is done. Kavanaugh will forever be a sexual predator by some.

@Flrdsgns Doesn't matter if she testifies or not, the damage is done. Kavanaugh will forever be a sexual predator by some.

You are correct!

Schumer: "There's No Presumption Of Innocence" For Kavanaugh.
His party has destroyed a man and his reputation.
Schumer can hang a Kavanaugh head on his wall like a big game trophy.

I'm gonna guess that democrat voters are not so willing to sell their souls as Schumer.

@Budwick You are correct! Schumer: "There's No Presumption Of Innocence" For Kavanaugh. His party has destroyed a man and...

Or as willing as mcconnell, pence, kelly?

Scotus nominees should have an unreproachable history.
Thomas notwithstanding.....

@Carla Or as willing as mcconnell, pence, kelly? Scotus nominees should have an unreproachable history. Thomas...

Then Kavanaugh is your man!

Hey! Did you hear that someone has come forward saying HE might be the guy Ford remembers?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics...kavanaugh.html

@Carla Umm....two guys. Fishy?

THAT'S fishy?!
But Ford's story is gospel.

@Budwick THAT'S fishy?! But Ford's story is gospel. Sounds like you've accepted a sketchy partial memory and have dismissed...

The Dems were, as usual, unruly,
And the media, of course, followed duly.
You can bet, by the bye,
They said MEN always lie,
And that WOMEN will always speak truly.

@Flrdsgns Keep your day job, you will never make it as a poet

It SEEMS my verse STUCK in your throat
(Though I'll TRY not to snicker and gloat).
But hey, what the hell,
It's NOT hard to tell
When I've gotten a liberal's goat. biggrin smilie

@Flrdsgns I wonder how much the republicans paid him to "come forward"?

Must not have been enough.
I haven't heard another word about that story.

@Budwick Must not have been enough. I haven't heard another word about that story.

Could be, not enough money offered.
Bud, did you see Jeff Flake on 60 minutes last night? He was asked if he were running for re-election, would he have been able to walk across the aisle and work with the other side? He said no, that there is no working with each other any longer. What is your opinion of that? Doesn't the country do better when both sides get along and work out their problems? What do you think of the simple majority vote in the Senate? Personally, I thought the 60 vote threshold was a good idea, and that it should go back to that again.

@Flrdsgns Could be, not enough money offered. Bud, did you see Jeff Flake on 60 minutes last night? He was asked if he were...

First, I think Flake is a flake. A couple women shrieking at him in an elevator turns his vote?

There doesn't seem to be any compromise / reaching across the aisle anymore.
I have my own ideas about why that is - bottom line is media again.

Yes, country gets along better when we get along better! beye smilie

@Budwick First, I think Flake is a flake. A couple women shrieking at him in an elevator turns his vote? There doesn't...

I don't see what the media has to do with such a divided Senate. The media reports the two sides refusing to work with each other, they didn't create it, although the 24 hr cable news stations have become awfully partisan.

@Flrdsgns I don't see what the media has to do with such a divided Senate. The media reports the two sides refusing to work...

Until Trump came along, republicans were all mamby pamby pussies.
Afraid of what the media would say about them.
Many still the same.

Democrats have had the support and leadership of the media for a long time.

Of COURSE the media is responsible. THAT is the reason why they are the enemy of the people. IMO

@Flrdsgns I disagree, but you certainly are entitled to your opinion.

I stopped taking the NY Times seriously as an unbiased news source when I read this "news" report on Netanyahu's re-election several years ago. Three negative editorial opinions on Netanyahu in their short opening paragraph, for crying out loud.

"TEL AVIV — After a bruising campaign focused on his failings, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel won a clear victory in Tuesday’s elections and seemed all but certain to form a new government and serve a fourth term, though he offended many voters and alienated allies in the process."

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/03...hu-herzog.html

Yes, NY Times, we get it. That failure of a louse Netanyahu, who offends and alienates many voters and allies, won re-election.
And you at the Times are beside yourselves that he did.

@2815458

You are the one who is confused.
Or didn't you click the link?

It was a NY Times NEWS article covering the Middle East.

@Thinkerbell You are the one who is confused. Or didn't you click the link? It was a NY Times NEWS article covering the...

No, I hadn't clicked the link, just did, yeah it is a news article. sorry, I guess I'm the one confused, but then again, I seem to go through life confused.

@Flrdsgns No, I hadn't clicked the link, just did, yeah it is a news article. sorry, I guess I'm the one confused, but then...

Well, with all due respect, I would recommend that you read or listen to MSM "news" reports more carefully. This kind of bias is not at all uncommon, particularly when it comes to not telling the whole story.

The Times example I linked would be worthy of Pravda, beneath contempt.

@2815491

Here's an idea - Don't comment on articles you haven't read.

@2815555

This is me expressing my righteous indignation.

@Budwick Too much?

Not if your are on Hollywood Blvd, but in Cleveland, maybe hmm smilie

@Budwick Here's an idea - Don't comment on articles you haven't read.

Who needs to read articles, when one has the Party Line? hehe smilie

@2815491

I agree that CBS is probably the least biased of the broadcast news networks (at least since Dan Rather was forced into retirement), but that isn't saying a whole lot. hehe smilie

https://nypost.com/2018/06/22/c...f-cbsnews-com/

Did you know that Flake was born in Snowflake, AZ?

You can't make this stuff up... no one would believe it. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell The question is, is it enough damage to suit the corrupt Dems' purposes?

4 people have come out now, at what point do republicans take it seriously? I know, most of you still think Roy Moore is a fine upstanding pedophile.

@Flrdsgns 4 people have come out now, at what point do republicans take it seriously? I know, most of you still think Roy...

They are taking Ford seriously; that's why she's getting a hearing.

The others are so ridiculous that only a crazed progressive could pretend to believe them.

Why wouldn't she - this all started with her so she better show up.Those 2 others as well. Cosby should be in jail now, but lawyer says he is too frail for jail.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred 100% - She'll be there! It would be... +1Reply

I put the odds at 50-50.

Whether or not she shows up depends on how well her practice sessions with her Democrat coaches went.

@Flrdsgns Hopefully as good as Kavanaugh's practice sessions with the White House went

And don't forget the actual hearings that began over three weeks ago!

He's had many Spartacus moments in that time!

The difference being that Kavanaugh has to show up to the hearings, no matter how his rehearsals may have gone.

@Carla No he doesnt. He can go home and leave it to someone else.

No, he is not that kind of guy in my opinion.
I don't think he runs from problems.
I think he faces them head on.
That kind of behavior is difficult for Washington dems to understand.

Budwicks avatar Budwick 0% - Not a chance It would be embarassing to... +3Reply
@Budwick No, he is not that kind of guy in my opinion. I don't think he runs from problems. I think he faces them head...

So denying is facing it head on? You must be outraged about Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, and Bill Clinton then. They all denied anything happened also

@Flrdsgns So denying is facing it head on? You must be outraged about Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, and Bill...

You are mastering the art of false equivalency!

Are you forgetting Dr. Ford named several people that were there - allegedly. All three - one of 'em her dear friend - they all say she is incorrect.

Not at this point. He would be admitting that there was something to the accusations.

How long would it be before the Democrats would be howling for his removal from his present judgeship?

Anonymous