+5

"We should pray for that woman" --- Liza Kavanaugh, 2018

Liza had it right. We should pray for that woman. And even more than that, we should pray for democrat senators on the Judicial Committee. Pray that what ever demons reside in their souls that push them to evade their sworn duty to the country, and willingly dispose of a sense of decency and morality so as to destroy the character of a man. And, in the process, also destroy the life of their witness whose memory doesn't seem to extend much beyond a week and lied about her motivation to delay the hearing. Who in your opinion needs our prayers most?

Budwicks avatar Jokes & Humour
5 51

I lift up Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) in prayer.

She orchestrated the most recent torture session. She mislead the committee, the senate, the entire country for the singular purpose to delay Kavanaugh's confirmation. It had nothing at all to do the Dr. Ford - whose own life has been turned upside down at the whim of Feinstein - also for political reasons.

It is my prayer that she recognize her wrongful actions, apologize and beg forgiveness of all involved.

@2814078

Well, I appreciate your comment and understand the sentiment.

Not exactly the prayerful approach I was thinking of - but I'm certainly not gonna try to tell someone how to pray!

May the the old hag hit the road! - Amen.

@2814087

Most of the people in Congress are close to 100. Time for some new blood in government.

@Budwick Amen! We need term limits!

I agree bud, we do need term limits, but that also applies to the supreme court. people hanging on to that job until they drop dead is just insane.

@Flrdsgns I agree bud, we do need term limits, but that also applies to the supreme court. people hanging on to that job...

Maybe so.
I'm sure the founders never thought people would live as long as they do now.

@2814087

Such blatant ageism! omg smilie

I'm going to report you to Vic! hehe smilie

@2814166

Waking Vic from his deep stupor
Certainly would be a blooper.

@2814708

Feinstein is 85, JD! biggrin smilie

@2814731

There once was a sweet English lad,
Who sometimes felt old, and was sad:
"I'm older than Feinstein,
More aged than Rhine wine,
Oh wait, I'm not really... my bad."

@2814758

I'm not making fun of you!
I'm being sympathetic!
I've been sooo nice to you all year!   biggrin smilie

@2814761

"Try harder," he sez... un smilie

@2814088

I am very hopeful for her.
She already seems to have beaten her fear of flying!

@2814088

Demons?
Oh, you must mean the Senate Democrats. biggrin smilie

Kavanaugh made that statement because he is applying for a job and wanted to impress Trump. That prayer never happened, it is just a line. The guy's true character, or lack thereof, came through loud and clear in his rant and anger at the Senate.

@Budwick Thanks for the heads up. Tell you what, I'll pray for you too.

Whatever bud, but you shouldn't claim to be some sort of Christian. You are one of the least Christian people on this site.

@Flrdsgns Whatever bud, but you shouldn't claim to be some sort of Christian. You are one of the least Christian people on...

Well, I DO claim to be a Christian!
I claim to be the best kind of Christian!
The kind that declares Jesus Christ as my Savior!
I don't believe there are 'kinds' of Christians.

Somehow I think that you and the Pharisees would have gotten along! They were pretentious and had superior sanctity issues too!

@Budwick Well, I DO claim to be a Christian! I claim to be the best kind of Christian! The kind that declares Jesus Christ...

" Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."

@Flrdsgns Kavanaugh made that statement because he is applying for a job and wanted to impress Trump. That prayer never...

And if Kavanaugh had been meek and humble, you and other partisans would have said he was admitting his guilt.

No matter what he said, he could not have been innocent of the accusation in your jaundiced eye.

@Thinkerbell And if Kavanaugh had been meek and humble, you and other partisans would have said he was admitting his guilt. No...

Actually, I thought Kavanaugh orginally should have been on the court, but with all the accusations, and his breaking down and crying like a little girl, plus his clearly partisan rant proves that he can not be objective. I think the Democrats, and their campaign have created his hard line politics, but they have effectively destroyed any objectivity he may have once had.
He should be confirmed in my opinion since he is so partisan, but if he is confirmed, the democrats have only themselves to blame.

@Flrdsgns Actually, I thought Kavanaugh orginally should have been on the court, but with all the accusations, and his...

Good thing honest Supreme court justices don't make decisions based on politics. They decide on what is constitutional and what is not.

Read your last sentence there Flanders. Did you make an honest error?
Or, did you lie?
Shall we rake you over the coals now?
Make unending false claims to make you look even more stupid?
Well, I'm not a desperate democrat. I can read between the lines.
I have good judgement about people.
Like you for example.
I don't think you are the as big of a prick as you portray yourself to be here.
I think you are left leaning and like busting the balls of right leaning people.
But you should be aware Flanders - the party you are supporting in your arguments have stepped off the cliffs of reality. They are truly unworthy of support.

Consider getting the mods to approve you stepping out as Flanders and come back as yourself - a decent person.

“I think the Democrats, and their campaign have created his hard line politics, but they have effectively destroyed any objectivity he may have once had.”

You got the Democrats and their sleazy campaign right, Flrdsgns, but not Kavanaugh’s objectivity. He was being perfectly objective when he called them out for doing exactly what they were doing: conducting a last-minute smear campaign with thin, uncorroborated accusations, in concert with a cadre of cooperative yellow journalists to whom they leaked Ford’s name, all timed to do maximum damage to Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

@Thinkerbell “I think the Democrats, and their campaign have created his hard line politics, but they have effectively...

You mean kind of like how the republicans did to Clinton a week before the election? Yeah, both sides are pretty sleazy

@Flrdsgns You mean kind of like how the republicans did to Clinton a week before the election? Yeah, both sides are pretty sleazy

Hillary blew it long before that, as Bernie supporters well understood. And two complicit, corrupt DNC chairpersons (Wasserman-Schultz and Brazile) had to resign as a result.

He may be innocent but he's obviously a liar and not objective.
Either of which should disqualify.

@urwutuis He may be innocent but he's obviously a liar and not objective. Either of which should disqualify.

He told no lies.
Even you are wavering on his guilt / innocence.
He didn't lie.

@Budwick He told no lies. Even you are wavering on his guilt / innocence. He didn't lie.

Right, devil's triangle is a drinking game and he has a notoriously weak stomach and the witnesses said it didn't happen.
Not that it matters. If Kavanaugh doesn't make it they'll just throw another dart and put up a carbon copy.

@Thinkerbell See my comment to Fldsgns above.

Regardless of how it came to be the guy is obviously lying and totally Biased.
That's a good pick for a judge?
I just don't get it.
Even if he doesn't make it Trump will just throw another dart and it'll be someone just like him.

@urwutuis Regardless of how it came to be the guy is obviously lying and totally Biased. That's a good pick for a judge? I...

Yes, yes, urwutuis, I know.
You, like CNN, prefer totally biased left-wing justices that get publicly involved in presidential campaigns. biggrin smilie

https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/...ker/index.html

So you actually buy Kavanaugh's choir boy tale.
He obviously lied about the meaning of devil's triangle, bufed, Ranate and why he threw up.

He refused to take a polygraph claiming they aren't reliable but as a judge he endorsed the use by govt and law for screening witnesses, defendants, applicants and security clearance.

Then he continually lied about Ford's friend saying she never saw him at a party.

Then there's Ford who passed a polygraph, has nothing to gain and whose story has been consistent from the start who you think is lying.

Why am I not surprised.

@urwutuis So you actually buy Kavanaugh's choir boy tale. He obviously lied about the meaning of devil's triangle, bufed...

I think the questioning about teen aged 'secret code' words was stupid.
Why take a poly? Not admissible in court - why in congress?
Ford's freind says she doesn'y know Kavanaugh - never met him. It's Ford that lied about that.
Ford passed a poly that was staged, notes never released, meaningless.

You are not surprised because you made your mind up on this issue well before hand.

@Budwick I think the questioning about teen aged 'secret code' words was stupid. Why take a poly? Not admissible in court -...

Kavanaugh advocated using polygraphs previously although I don't blame him for not taking one. Don't worry, he'll be approved
You made your mind up before Trump even spoke his name. Who are you kidding?

@urwutuis Kavanaugh advocated using polygraphs previously although I don't blame him for not taking one. Don't worry, he'll...

You might want to call for an investigation there Urwut.
When this whole ridiculous accusation of Ford's surfaced I reserved judgement until after the testimony. Dem's had their minds made up - guilty!

@Budwick You might want to call for an investigation there Urwut. When this whole ridiculous accusation of Ford's surfaced I...

And after K lied about most of the questions he actually answered and doesn't want an investigation, like any innocent person would, you reached the conclusion that Ford, who answered all the questions and had names that also appeared on his calander, was lying.
Yeah, you reserved judgment.
You crack me up

Why do you suppose they fired their female prosecutor half way through her questioning of Kavanagh? Afraid the truth would come out? Then Lindsy Graham suddenly goes into a ridiculous tirade. To cover the fact she was gone?

@urwutuis And after K lied about most of the questions he actually answered and doesn't want an investigation, like any...

Kavanaugh had no problem with another investigation. He said several times - "what ever the committee wants!"

Say, did you hear that Ford's old boyfriend has revealed that Dr. Ford is a polygraph expert? Yup, she has counseled people on how to beat a polygraph!
Now, I'm certain she didn't use any of those tricks on the polygraph she won't release to the committee for review.

Lindsey Graham's outburst was way over due. And he properly chastised the democrats participating in the public character assassination.

Rachel Mitchell was there to treat Dr. Ford with some dignity (which democrats never offered her by dragging her lying ass in to testify)