+7

Do you like Amirite's new redesign?

Azlottos avatar Internet & Apps
8 93

Not a fan straight off-tbh it reminds me of another site I'm on.But I suppose we will get used to it.

@2814306

Well I did find it by hitting just in but it did seem to take a little while to appear

@2814306

Anthony, one thing that I experienced a couple of times yesterday, was I replied to a post and then went to find a graphic, and then I couldn't find the post. I finally gave up.

@2814381

Thanks, Rooster.

@2814381

I agree with you about the Q&A being hard to find. Before it was so easy, Just In was where I found most of the new questions, and then Opinion and Questions. I have no idea where things are now.

I'm gonna attempt to create a post....wish me luck.

@2814294

Don't leave, Bozette...I really enjoy reading your inputs here...

I might have to take some Dramamine to get adjusted to the new format tho.

Neither here nor there. Gonna take a little getting used to since I've been here for like 6 or 7 years with minimal changes.

@Skr3wBall Neither here nor there. Gonna take a little getting used to since I've been here for like 6 or 7 years with minimal...

I'm also undecided, but I've been a member of websites such as this and most of them have had several facelifts.

Thanks for your reply.

Ok I can't find fuck all at the moment but give it a week, a few tweeks (like we've some thumbs up and down now) and I think I'll be happier with this system than the last one.
乂ᵒ◡ᵒ乂

Adas avatar Ada Agree +5Reply

It sucks. I think I'm done here.

@2814351

Thanks, that's nice of you to say. I'll stick it out for a bit and see if I can live with it.

@2814308

The format is wasteful of screen real estate. Posts take up twice the space they used to, so there's half as much content on each page. The percentage of the screen occupied by images is dramatically lower, making it feel claustrophobic. Overall, it's a less pleasant experience than the old format.

@Maze The format is wasteful of screen real estate. Posts take up twice the space they used to, so there's half as much...

The benefit of not having so many cluttered posts all about page is that it helps users digest each post individually. Once digestion is complete, simply scroll down.

@2814308

We are being descriptive, but if it's description you want, here it is.

1. We can't post gifs and images as we could before.
2. The images, including our avatars, are still way too small.
3. The new site is not as fast or smooth when posting something as the old one was, like you changed the script.
4. The stupid arrows that string us together reminds me of answermug and are annoying as hell. In fact, this new site's design reminds me completely of answermug, and that's not good.
5. Notifications are not coming through. And yes, I checked all of my boxes.
6. Some members can't even pull the site up or the features that it offers.

@dru18 We are being descriptive, but if it's description you want, here it is. 1. We can't post gifs and images as we...

It was much easier to do GIFs and videos than it is now. I'm not too concerned about the size of the GIFs they were always too small. At first I was notified when there was conversation in the chat room and now I just go there to check it out. It was much easier using the old format to find questions....Just In, Opinions, and questions, now it's hit or miss with me.

Another member created a post today, and he couldn't reply to any of the comments.

I'm trying very hard to like the new format...I'll give it some more time, but at this point in time, not too happy.

@StarzAbove It was much easier to do GIFs and videos than it is now. I'm not too concerned about the size of the GIFs they...

But when I brought the size, he agreed that the images were too small, and said he would work on that. LOL! They are smaller than ever.

I don't know why they messed with the original. The original site kind of reminded me of Soda Head, (although, not as elaborate) but this new site reminds me of another one, which virtually no one liked.

@dru18 But when I brought the size, he agreed that the images were too small, and said he would work on that. LOL! They...

I agree, the old format was very much like Sodahead..... I felt at home when I joined here. Hopefully things will work out, Anthony will get the bugs fixed and we'll be more comfortable with it....

@StarzAbove I agree, the old format was very much like Sodahead..... I felt at home when I joined here. Hopefully things will...

I think it needs advertisement. SH had plenty, and so did Amirite. Money coming in will pay for a slicker, faster, and smoother looking site.

@2814310

Thanks, Jazzy.

It takes too long to load compared to the old one, but I'm sure I can get used to the layout itself.

Well, I like it.

However, I see many people have problems with the layout and colors, and I hope that that doesn't drive them away.

I would just have a few minor suggestions from my part:

1) I think the use of white in the posts and reply boxes is not very kind on the eyes (at least in my case, when my eyes are tired, excessive white on the screen is bothersome, and I'd guess many other people on here might be facing the same problem). The reply boxes could be a darker color - maybe something like that light tone of blue that's used on the profile box at the top right corner.

2) Also, the replies could be a bit further indented to the right to make the whose-comment-is-this-a-reply-to hierarchy more visually obvious.

3) As another point, the "Chat" page should not immediately open the group chat - I think that that should open on demand.

Other than those details, it looks fine to me!

It's not easy to navigate, but in time I hope we'll be able to figure things out.

@2815412

I agree...Posting vids and pictures is less effortless.

Thanks.

@2817082

I said "less effortless"..I'm now thinking, WHAT!?.

Yes, videos and pictures are simple to post here now.

You're reviving a stale website...Thanks.

It might help if the designers made a post explaining the changes, why the changes were made, and how to navigate around the "new" site. It;s like changing the operating system from Windows to Linux. People generally don't like stumbling around without direction.

It's pretty good. I just have to get used to it.

No, it reminds me of answermug.

@dru18 No, it reminds me of answermug.

Yup, but the owners of this site aren't religious or politically biased.

Thanks, Dru.

Well,I have been to settings and selected a background colour I like.A little easier on the eyes.Reluctant to reduce the brightness using my iPad settings because it will mess everything else up!

I do but the only issue is, the site is bulkier and it loads slower.. overall, the design and layout is a big improvement. but sadly, its a bloated site -_-

@2815352

Yeah, I'm getting the hang of it.

Thanks.

@2814497

I don't know...Maybe a software conflict.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't like it.

It's giving me a headache trying to get around on it right now...oh well.

@2814424

Ha Ha! You found the cure!!

@2814413

Eliminating multiple ways of doing some things in the original format, would've cut down on screen clutter.

Other than that it was perfect to me.

Now I feel like my eyes are being pried open, while a flashlight is piercing my eyeballs.

@DandyDon Eliminating multiple ways of doing some things in the original format, would've cut down on screen clutter. Other...

I agree. I think we were all surprised by the complete makeover. I know I was just expecting some tweeks, eliminating certain things that weren't necessary, instead everything seems to be changed. Oh well.

I am confused as hell every time I visit. A map at the visitors center would have been nice crs smilie

@Azlotto Lol...Great suggestion. Thanks, Lil_Princess.

Welcome hehe smilie that's what I am here for...that and the free refreshments that I can't seem to find