Is it a good thing or a bad thing that Amirite no longer shows who voted for which option on a poll?

Amirite polls used to show who voted for which option, for some reason they got rid of that feature when they "improved" the site. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is there any advantage to not knowing who voted which way? Is that something that should be kept secret on a site like this, or is it better to keep things transparent?

Image for post Is it a good thing or a bad thing that Amirite no longer shows who voted for which option on a poll?
32% We need secret ballots here 68% I prefer transparency
Mazes avatar Politics
5 15
@2814405

True, but that only shows the way those who comment vote, not everyone who votes. I've heard a lot of complaints over the years about anonymous votes effecting the results on polls, instead of fixing the problem, it appears they doubled down on it.

@2814409

Oh, okay. Then please tell me, who voted for secret ballots? I see that someone did, but I can't see who. Can you?

I can now see how each commenter voted, but not those who do not comment.

It's an opinion site after all

They are taking the fun out of AMIRITE. It's starting to stink.

hootowls avatar hootowl I prefer transparency +1Reply

Why are you deleting comments, Maze?

dru18s avatar dru18 I prefer transparency 0Reply
@dru18 Why are you deleting comments, Maze?

I'm not. I don't have the ability to delete comments people post on my polls, the worst I could do would be report it, but I haven't reported any comments, here or elsewhere.

I haven't seen any improvement.Soda Head was much more fun. Did Pelosi have anything to do with this?

hootowls avatar hootowl I prefer transparency 0Reply

Maybe we should write our opinions in disappearing ink.