dru18s avatar Life
5 26
@2815097

Thank you, Will. :) No, I don't think I do either. I think we make our own death, although in James Dean's case he played no role other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

From everything I read about his personality he was very shy and not too trusting, so it might be hard to even approach him. But he also was interested in the afterlife and the supernatural, so that might be our opening.

I would like think in a young person's case we could turn things around.

Bad things happen to everyone. We'll never know....when it's our time to go, nothing will prevent it.

@StarzAbove Bad things happen to everyone. We'll never know....when it's our time to go, nothing will prevent it.

That could well be true, death could have found him in another form.

The only people I would love to test that theory on is young people who definitely go way too early.

@2815106

Maybe someday we can make it a reality. Old age is one thing, when our bodies naturally start to break down, being taken as a baby, child, or young adult is another. I honestly don't know why science isn't any closer to time travel.

@dru18 That could well be true, death could have found him in another form. The only people I would love to test that...

And it seems as though lately there are a lot of really young people dying too soon. In a neighboring town a father killed his two kids, a son 15 years old and a daughter 13 then shot himself. Again, two innocent kids murdered.

@2815154

Ahh.... but could we have talked Buddy Holly out of taking that plane? :)What if that "Syder hadn't picked up a rider"?

@2815154

And if Ritchie Valens had lost the coin toss......

@2815154

According to the many-universe hypothesis, there are many universes parallel to ours in which James Dean wasn't killed in that accident. And many others in which he wasn't ever born at all.

Maybe we just happen to be in a universe in which he was born and was killed in that accident.

@2815364

I kinda of disagree with that last remark. Speed was not the factor in this accident, only that A. Donald Turnupseed made a left into Dean's path, and B. his car folded up like an accordion. The station wagon would not have been made of fiberglass and would have at least been as big as the other car.

Although I do agree that cars have come a long way when it comes to safety.

I think almost everything that happens is the result of timing. If he had left his home 10 seconds later or earlier, the timing wouldn't have been there to meet the other vehicle as it crossed over the lane.

@dru18 Than you are saying it was fate.

I don't think I really believe in fate. I just think the timing and circumstances of an event often dictates what happens. It's the same when a bystander saves a child's life by snatching them from an oncoming car. If the bystander hadn't been walking on that particular sidewalk at that particular time.....

@JustJimColo I don't think I really believe in fate. I just think the timing and circumstances of an event often dictates what...

Dean did stop for a soda earlier and the stopover was 15 minutes long. So what you are sayin is if he had stayed an extra few minutes he would possibly still be alive today

@JustJimColo Yep, and maybe if he would have just stayed an extra 15 seconds...

Then I am all for you to go back in time and strike up a conversation with him at that stop.

... I took the trip back in time and was the one who talked him into driving the Spyder.

@Walt_OReagun ... I took the trip back in time and was the one who talked him into driving the Spyder.

You must have been his passenger, the mechanic. His life didn't end too well either.

Anonymous