I would never vaccinate my kids. That is unnatural, dangerous, pointless, expensive, reckless, and harmful.

I take my kids to the doctor so they can vaccinate them instead.

60% 😄 40% I didn't click read more and i'm mad
MagicalPandaRouxs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
4 14

I love it when people say it's unnatural, well yes it's unnatural. Naturally our life expectancy could be reduced to late 30's if we didn't have the unnatural medicine, food supplements and healthcare.

My mum is a nurse though... she knows how to use a needle (even if she's not comfortable using them on me, since she knows how much I hate it).

@Sunny_the_skeptic I saw a girl get syncope once because she was so afraid of getting a shot.

My heart goes crazy and I go cold. More than once when I went to take out blood, they couldn't find a good vein, and if you see how light my skin is, and how easily you can see my veins, you would understand how improbable that sounds.
Luckily, the nurse that normally takes my blood already knows about my fear and he's good at it, so it tends to go quick.
I vividly remember when I was a kid (probably around 7), and my parents tricked me, saying my dad was going to take a vaccine. We got there, and I realise that nope, the one that's getting the vaccine is me. The moment my parents were looking away, I ran out of the clinic. They found me running away down the street, crying.
I seriously hate needles.

@Sofia My heart goes crazy and I go cold. More than once when I went to take out blood, they couldn't find a good vein...

I remember as a kid waiting in front of the GP's office for shots, my mom went in to talk to the doctor and I took the opportunity to hide in the nearest wardrobe looking thing. My mother wasn't very amused....

LOL... That happened to me when I had to get a tetanus shot after running a pitchfork through my foot as a kid at my grandparents farm. They were so embarrassed when I ran out of the hospital.

Waiting for a serious answer from someone who didn't click more

It is always the smartest to use a professional doctor to do that kind of thing.

I think some people got complacent when it comes to diseases that we have all but eradicated in the US when it comes to vaccines. Things like smallpox, polio and TB were almost a thing of the past until infected people started to enter the US, who weren't vaccinated.

@2815467

I agree with you on that. Unfortunately, there are so many scams out there about all kinds of healthcare products that don't work, and the government doesn't do a thing to stop it. How many guys have bought some miracle hair growth concoction? I don't mind some reputable research labs testing new cancer meds on willing volunteers who have run out of options. I also didn't like the fact that all of us who deployed to the middle east in the Army at the outset of the wars over there, had to get a 5 series anthrax vaccine.

It's that time of year again for the flu shots. I'll probably get mine next week.