Christening New Sub

The battle-ready USS Indiana nuclear submarine was commissioned Saturday at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station's Trident Wharf. It's the newest attack submarine, the most modern and sophisticated in the world.

Have you ever been inside a submarine, if so, when and where?

Image for post Christening New Sub
StarzAboves avatar Technology
4 21

I had the privilege of going inside a working submarine that had just docked a couple hours earlier and it was open to the public to enter.....it was at Norfolk, Virginia. Also got to go on a lot of ships that were in port that day. It was great.

Does the submarine ride at Disneyland count?

@Flrdsgns Does the submarine ride at Disneyland count?

hahah If you say so. I did go on a tourist submarine in Hawaii. It actually took us under, I'm claustrophobic so that wasn't very enjoyable.

I've never been inside a "real" one. I would like the chance to go aboard and explore. a smilie

@JanHaskell I've never been inside a "real" one. I would like the chance to go aboard and explore.

It was very interested, I admire anyone that could be in one very long, months at a time. Too close for me.

New stuff. There are related posts at the end of the comments. They are eight years old.

No, never been on a sub. Ive been on a retired ship. Very cool.

@Carla New stuff. There are related posts at the end of the comments. They are eight years old. No, never been on a sub...

Thanks Carla, sounds like another glitch. I couldn't open my notifications this morning, so I just came to this post to reply.

I've been on a lot of the big naval ships. We were on vacation at the time and they had a lot of ships in port that were open to the public that day.

Carla I had never noticed those related posts on other posts, but I guess that's the norm according to Anthony. Doesn't make much sense to me, they have nothing to do with a submarine post?

@2815919

I've been on a lot of the ships....we had just missed going on the Eisenhower, as it was leaving port..... and I've been on a lot of the ships that are docked as museum pieces, very interesting.

@2815925

lol Guess they can fix everything except the "head"....the most important things on board. lol

@2815953

Can't open that link?

@2815957

Now I can see it. Wow. lol

I'm not sure what ship you've pictured there, but it doesn't look like a submarine - but then, I was in the Army - so what do I know? Here's a picture of the actual USS Indiana. It's great that they're rebuilding out military!

I HAVE been inside a submarine. USS COD SS-224 World War II Fleet Submarine The USS COD Submarine Memorial is a National Historic Landmark and is docked in Cleveland, Ohio. They have tours. It's uncomfortably small inside. Submariners must be a special breed, IMO.