If you had to recommend a movie to somebody right now, what would it be?

doctorwho1011s avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
9 24

Hotel Transilvania

Second Hand Lions

A Face In The Crowd

No Country for Old Men

12 Strong

Love, Simon

Movies I haven't watched, but would still recommend anyway since they're on top of my watchlist:
A Quiet Place

The Greatest Showman

A Kid Like Jake

Definitely Loving Vincent. I'm a HUGE van Gogh fan, but even if you aren't, the movie is just amazing and sad and beautiful.

Since it's Halloween season I would suggest some horror films you may not have seen before.
"Session 9" "Sleep Tight" "Carnival of Souls" "Suspiria" "Train To Busan" "Juan Of The Dead" "The Babadook". Each one is different from the next and brings something unique to the horror genre. Cuban, British, Spanish, Korean and American.

@Chris_the_Demon Since it's Halloween season I would suggest some horror films you may not have seen before. "Session 9" "Sleep...

Those with a strong stomach who are not easily upset or offended might try one of these. "Henry; Portrait Of A Serial Killer" "Salo; Or The 120 Days Of Sodom" "A Serbian Film" Each has been banned in several countries and appeared on almost every list of the most disturbing films ever made. They have been censored by censorship boards and government agencies. slapped with X ratings and been denounced as pornographic, immoral, and even dangerous. However "Salo" has been hailed by many critics as an artistic masterpiece and one of the greatest films ever made. It made The Village Voice 's list of the 100 greatest films of the 20th century. "A Serbian Film" was called "a cogent commentary on a nation", "a legitimate and intelligent film" and was praised for it's "great artistic resonance". "Henry" was named the best film of the year by the Village Voice and the Chicago Tribune. Siskel and Ebert said it was "brilliantly acted and directed" and a "powerful and important film".

Proceed at your own risk!

For family fun it's hard to beat The Princess Bride

For suspense try the original Indiana Jones

For s sophisticated comedy I highly recommend The Grand Budapest Hotel

Roman Holiday The Big ,

Roman Holiday, The Big Country, Captain Blood, The Edge of Tomorrow.

Tales From The Hood 2.

Anonymous