+9

The American Dream, amirite?

Image for post The  American Dream, amirite?
Mcflys avatar Politics
3 9
The voters have decided that Mcfly is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Making a buisness out of people's health should be a fucking crime

I love my subatomic particles. They feel much more cohesive today than yesterday.

There are some parts of this story that would be interesting to get more information on. Who paid $765,000 for a Nobel Statue? Did Lederman have any living family? Why did he not get medicaid to cover the nursing home? How bad was his memory loss? Etc.

Of course it's much easier to make a snarky remark about American Health Care than to actually figure out what went wrong. JMHO

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Will_Janitor There are some parts of this story that would be interesting to get more information on. Who paid $765,000 for a...

This HuffPo article is not very helpful.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/...b01470d04f4754

It does not explain why someone who would have earned a handsome salary as director of Fermilab, and who lived modestly, would have been so destitute, or why he would not have had nursing home insurance or Medicare.

My only guess is that he had a lot of expensive experimental medical treatment that Medicare and/or a Medicare supplement plan would not cover.

P.S. to the snarky OP: no European socialized medicine program would have covered such experimental treatment either, if that is in fact what was the reason.

@Thinkerbell This HuffPo article is not very...

Not sure why I ever bother commenting on his posts. He never responds anyway.

Who would have thought you were a fan of physics!?
Say, you can get a SIGNED copy of his book - "The God Particle" if you don't think you'll burst into flames when you set eyes on it.
https://www.raptisrarebooks.com...n-signed-1993/

I'm not a Physicist,but I have a medical plan.And he was 96 yrs. old???