So, they found the Chicago cop guilty of murdering a black kid. He's going to jail. He is being punished after being properly found guilty. Why are they concerned about trouble / riots in Chicago? Just because it's Friday?

Why are they concerned about trouble / riots in Chicago? Just because it's Friday?

Image for post So, they found the Chicago cop guilty of murdering a black kid.  He's going to jail.  He is being punished after being properly found guilty.  Why are they concerned about trouble / riots in Chicago?  Just because it's Friday?
Budwicks avatar Law
6 14

Other than the Cubs losing and missing the playoffs, I have no idea.

@2816966

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear.
The police officer WAS found guilty!
And it appears justifiably so.
But the byline of the story was the concern of the city for trouble in the streets because of the verdict.
I was confused.

As far as I know, there has been no "trouble" aside from demonstrators getting in the way of traffic a few times.

@2816924

That's true.
Story is REALLY fresh. The cop was justifiably convicted. The dash cam video of the arrest was horrific. So, it's good he's gonna pay the price.

People like to turn out to celebrate, look at those huge crowds when Trump was elected.shock smilie

o_o smilie