America has been killing the taliban-ISIS for years because:
-they're a bunch of nutbags who think religion gives them authority to tell others how to live
- are self-righteous baddies who treat women as second class citizens
- demand everyone respect their religion
- dislike anyone who doesn't look and act like them
- have no problem collecting children and keeping them locked up away from their families
- brag about how their firearms make them invincible
- destroy the environment so they can gain profit and power
- distrust science and get their morals from a book translated centuries ago
- threaten to destroy everyone that disagrees with them
Seriously, who wouldn't want to get rid of a group of people who acted that way?

50% Actually that Sounds Familiar 20% That is unfair Vic 30% huh?
VicZincs avatar Religion
0 41
@2818067

Oops. I hit a nerve. Conservative much?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc That is unfair Vic 0Reply
@2818088

I didn't know you were part of the Taliban

Sounds like China and North Korea are the only good countries in the world by your standards.

Striking, isnt it?

@Carla Striking, isnt it?

An armchair philosopher said,
"'Twere better these God-types were dead."
  But he'd NE'ER risk his skin
  Near a Taliban djinn:
"That's too scary— they FILL me with dread!"

@Thinkerbell   An armchair philosopher said, "'Twere better these God-types were dead." //  But he'd NE'ER risk his...

Hmmmm.......
Sounds like an armchair philosopher i have read before.......

In the summer of 2016 my girlfriend and i were canoeing down a river near me. There is a bend where the water widens and shallows. It's sandy and people gather there.
This time, there was a large group of tubers. They had a trump flag stuck in the sand (just sayin'), dinking beer and being loud.
We were harrassed and they threw insults till we were out of sight. Now...im not easily shaken, but if we were elsewhere....deeper in the wilderness, i would have been filled with dread.

Sometimes we come to our opinions about people out of experience, think.

@Carla Hmmmm....... Sounds like an armchair philosopher i have read before....... In the summer of 2016 my girlfriend...

Yep. There are experiences of all kinds.
And false equivalences too, such as the OP is trying to foist.

@VicZinc Kind of like the Republicans treatment of Dr Ford.

Another day, another false equivalence by Vic.

There once was an OP named Vic,
Who was really a bit of a d*ck.
He had no ambivalence
To phony equivalence,
But practiced it daily— his schtick.

I'm sorry, but the term "armchair philosopher" makes no sense. From where is philosophy conducted but repose in the comfiest of seats? Philosophy in the field, I'd like to see that.

@Tibby I'm sorry, but the term "armchair philosopher" makes no sense. From where is philosophy conducted but repose in the...

Try Eric Hoffer or Arthur Koestler, for example, for philosophers that experienced what they wrote about.

An armchair philosopher is one who has never been anywhere except in his armchair.

@Thinkerbell Try Eric Hoffer or Arthur Koestler, for example, for philosophers that experienced what they wrote about.   An...

Certainly some philosophers (political, social) would need that experience; any one who lived through Stalinism (like Koestler) would have ample experience to draw a philosophy from. But I can't dismiss entirely the logicians and theoreticians who do their finest work in a dusty office.

@Tibby Certainly some philosophers (political, social) would need that experience; any one who lived through Stalinism...

Maybe, but the armchair philosopher of the limerick was about his nonsensical comparison of the Taliban (a political/social/religious movement) with contemporary American Christians, without his having spent 5 minutes among the Taliban.

@Thinkerbell Maybe, but the armchair philosopher of the limerick was about his nonsensical comparison of the Taliban (a...

I understand. I was just responding to your interesting phrase which caught my attention. I agree that any comparison of Americans to Muslim extremists is ridiculous, without any kind of real knowledge of what the Taliban and ISIS are really about.

@Tibby I understand. I was just responding to your interesting phrase which caught my attention. I agree that any...

Not sure where this comparison takes place, certainly not in the OP.

Perhaps it is in the mind of some respondents here.

Well.. you just described people who believe Religion has any place in the Government or making of the Law, AKA religious zealots. I've seen plenty of those that were not part of the Islamic religion, so yeah, familiar.

Very familiar, that's why we'll all be voting come November.

... and here I thought it was to divert attention away from what's happening in America.

Still don't have a vision for democrats, eh?

VicZincs avatar VicZinc That is unfair Vic +1Reply