Is it a good idea to promote harassment of people?

Harassment and intimidation of political officials is becoming the newest rage. Yelling at people in restaurants, during official meetings, while shopping, dropping the kids off at school, while gassing up the car - where ever people may be vulnerable to attack is now openly promoted.

I suppose the hope is that the politician might respond the same way you and I might - with an unseemly and harsh retort. With any luck at all, the politician might even take a swing at some obnoxious POS and then publicly humiliated, excoriated, eviscerated and deposed.

IS this a good way to advance your political agenda?

Image for post Is it a good idea to promote harassment of people?
0% Sure, we'll stop as soon as he agrees with us! 10% Our candidates suck! wHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE? 20% sure, SOROS PAYS PRETTY GOOD! 0% you REALIZE THAT I MIGHT GET ON TV, RIGHT? 70% there IS no excuse for it. Harassers should be punished
Budwicks avatar Law
5 51
@2818096

Totally agree.

@2818105

Seeing oneself as virtuous does not make it so.
If Soros did something good - yippee.
This, is not one of those things.

@2818110

I'm sorry if I frustrated you.
I read and understand your comment. So, Soros has some ideas I might agree with.
And, I certainly understand that if I were a revolutionary, like I sometimes imagined I might have to be during the Obama presidency, that my POV would be different.

You have a nice day too.

@2818099

I agree 100% But, can you imagine the backlash had Sen. Cruz pushed, poked or yelled back? Let alone put someone in the hospital.

@2818340

Whoa! Wait a minute!
Everyone just settle down.
We don't need to ban Victoria's Secret anything!

@2818573

Well, I'll tell you what.
You young studs can leave Victoria alone.
I'll hang back to keep an eye on things - and don't worry, I give a holler if I need help!Image in content

@2818576

Really?
They've removed pictures of women in swimsuits?
They'll leave the horrifying image of Maxine Waters but remove a picture of that lovely girl?
OK, maybe I'm beginning to understand Gronk's complaint on her post.
Good to know - thanks.

@2818118

A true idiot.

She must know people in high places to have her job.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon there IS no excuse for it. Harassers should... 0Reply
@2818583

BA-dum,.... Tssssss

@2818583

I can believe that..

No. I and MANY other left-leaning individuals do not think what Waters proposed is a good idea at all.

It is against the law to incite violence and that is exactly what she did. Why are some people above the law and why aren't the people doing anything about it?

JerryHendricksons avatar JerryHendrickson there IS no excuse for it. Harassers should... +2Reply

No, not even on Amirite. Some crazy Republican guy threatened to shoot any Senator that voted against Kavanaugh....

@Budwick Exactly! And nut jobs that keep on promoting incivility!

So you think it was OK for the guy in my graphic to shoot those that didn't vote the way he wanted, but instead, as usual, you had to go back to Hilllary. Hillary is old news, at least she didn't threaten to kill someone.

@StarzAbove So you think it was OK for the guy in my graphic to shoot those that didn't vote the way he wanted, but instead, as...

You got that from me agreeing with you?
Are you just looking for a fight?

The nut job they caught thankfully before he got any shots off is under arrest.
Frankly I've been concerned for our senators for the last few weeks.
I will admit that I had assumed it would have been a leftist going after republicans, like that baseball game shootout a couple years ago.
And while I didn't see his voter registration card, it's a fair bet this crazy guy is a republican.

While your twisting yourself into your angry response to my Hillary comment \ I didn't have to BACK very far. That video was released yesterday.

I know you are a strong leftist. And as much as you report to detest right wing violence - at least be honest enough to also detest it on the left as well. We the people on both sides don't want it or need it. Those who engage in it or promote it should be pointed out and shamed.

Please let go of the go to line - "So, you [insert ridiculous demeaning claim here.]
It's juvenile and obviously invites argument.

@Budwick You got that from me agreeing with you? Are you just looking for a fight? The nut job they caught thankfully...

Why do you always think I'm looking for a fight.....Geez.....I pointed out a violent person; doesn't make any difference what his political views are.....but this one was a Republican....and then you had to drag Hillary into the mix again. She's old news, no one cares what she says, except you and your friends.

You're the one that always gets snarky with me and others on this site. You need to grow up.... and become the good Christian boy that you like to brag about.

As far as inciting violence, all you need to do is listen to what Trump says at every rally. Even told the cops not to be so careful when arresting someone..... we have enough violence in our world without Trump OKing it.

@StarzAbove Why do you always think I'm looking for a fight.....Geez.....I pointed out a violent person; doesn't make any...

I'm so very sorry for assuming Starz. I think I caught a 'tone' in that part of your response - "but instead, as usual, you had to go back to Hilllary. Hillary is old news, at least she didn't threaten to kill someone. "

Even though it doesn't make a difference what the violent man's political views are - you made sure to point out he is republican.

And again, THIS Hillary news is NOT old - it's brand new, fresh from the CNN Fake News Kitchen!

I'm not aware of the alleged directive you say Trump gave to police. It's a good one to spread around though. Cuz a lot of people will believe it long before it's proven false.

Well, listen, it's been fun sparring with you. I wasn't expecting a debate after agreeing with you - but, I'm still learning.

If you're on the left, it's considered okay to do that.

If you're not on the left and do that.
The left will label you to be...a "Big Mean Bully" while frothing at the mouth.

How a politician can use their position to stir up violence, is beyond me.
It all comes down to how much of a useful idiot, one can be.

The Pied Piper never runs out of rats.