Elizabeth Warren Releases DNA test PROVING CONCLUSIVELY that she is at least 1/1024th Native American.

[HotAir.com] Here’s what I think happened. She knew Trump was going to goof on her about her claim to Native American ancestry for the entirety of the coming campaign so she took the DNA test, hoping against hope that it would confirm she was 1/32nd native. A little bit native. Instead the results came back that at best it was 1/64th — and at worst, according to the Globe’s new correction … 1/1024th.

She had a dilemma. She could put the results in a drawer, but if she did that and they leaked somehow, it’d be a scandal. She’d be guilty not only of having exaggerated extremely remote Native American ancestry, she’d be guilty of covering it up. Trump would never let her hear the end of it. So instead she concluded that the only option was to publish the results and claim it as some sort of victory. "I told you I had Native American blood."

Which is sort of true, I guess? By the genetic standards of vicious racists, per the “one-drop rule,” she does indeed qualify. She’s got … about exactly one drop.

In fact, here’s a superb catch by George Conway (yes, that George Conway) from an NYT story on genetics and ancestry in America published in 2014:

The researchers found that European-Americans had genomes that were on average 98.6 percent European, .19 percent African, and .18 Native American.

A genome that’s .18 percent native works out to 1/512. So, do the math. The best-case scenario for Warren, that she’s 1/64th native, would mean that around 1.6 percent of her genome is Native American, about 10 times more than the average European-American. The worst-case scenario, 1/1024th, would mean it’s around .10 Native American — roughly half the share the average European-American has. It’s possible, in other words, that Warren is less native than the typical white American.

What do you do with today’s Warren news if you’re a left-winger who wants to own Trump with very slight evidence of her native ancestry but who also, uh, doesn't want to revive “one-drop” thinking? If Warren is Native American because she might have had a single native ancestor hundreds of years ago, various Republican pols who might have remote native or black or Latino or Arab ancestors should logically be able to claim membership in those groups by dint of their own faint genetic link. And if 1/1024th is enough to make Elizabeth Warren Native American, progressives will have to rethink about their views on “cultural appropriation.” If one ancestor 300 years ago is enough to entitle you to “appropriate” a particular culture, there’ll be very few cultures that can’t properly be appropriated by the average white American. Note again the NYT excerpt above: The average European-American is around 1/512th African. I never want to hear a complaint about Vanilla Ice again.

Warren actually had the stones to demand that Trump pay up on the half-joking promise he made months ago to donate a million bucks to charity if she could prove she’s Native American. I think this is part of her spin strategy: Knowing how embarrassing this all looks for her, the only way out is to go on offense.

As for how Trump will handle his bet about Warren’s ancestry, I think John McCormack nailed it: The only proper thing to do is to donate $976.57 to Warren’s charity. She proved she’s at least 1/1024th native, didn’t she? Well, then, she gets 1/1024th of the million.

Correction: Elizabeth Warren might be as little as 1/1024th Native AmericanAuthenticity.https://hotair.com/archives/2018/10/15/correction-elizabeth-warren-might-little-1-1024th-native-american/
33% lol 50% rofl 17% serious face
Mazes avatar Family
6 36

Possibility and might are pretty open ended when you are trying to prove your heritage.
Did she get special treatment being a "minority?" It looks that way.

I'm 117 percent Finnish.

What can I get with that?

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls serious face +4Reply
@ZonkeyBalls I'm 117 percent Finnish. What can I get with that?

How high are your cheekbones?

The ones on your face, I mean.   biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell How high are your cheekbones?    The ones on your face, I mean.  

I can't fake a Chinese person, but I could still sell Opium, if only I had a laundry.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls serious face +2Reply
@ZonkeyBalls I can't fake a Chinese person, but I could still sell Opium, if only I had a laundry.

But you're supposed to fake being a Native American, like Elizabeth Warren did.

With mushrooms, rather than opium.

@Thinkerbell But you're supposed to fake being a Native American, like Elizabeth Warren did.    With mushrooms, rather than opium.

Well, since I'm pretty much out of it, when it comes to the Warren problem, since I haven't been keeping my eye on every bit of the news, as they come from 'murica... I'm pretty much not certain, why would she do that in the first place.

ZonkeyBallss avatar ZonkeyBalls serious face +1Reply
@Thinkerbell She said she was of Native American ancestry, presumably in order to get preferential career...

That's just fucking weird.

Well, I just found out, that I'm 1/512th Chinese. So, part of the Great Wall of China belongs to me.

@ZonkeyBalls Is that, what they call the fucker over there?

Well, Trump calls her Pocahontas, who was a real Native American chief's daughter, but the more waggish among us call her Fauxcahontas. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Well, Trump calls her Pocahontas, who was a real Native American chief's daughter, but the more waggish among us...

Well, I think... And you know me, I don't enjoy politics on the site, that's mainly private business if any... He calls Vladimir Pucahontas.

@ZonkeyBalls Well, I think... And you know me, I don't enjoy politics on the site, that's mainly private business if any... He...

Well, I think facts about politicians should not be private.
What an individual citizen voter does with those facts is private business... secret ballot and all that.   think smilie

@ZonkeyBalls Putin and Trump sitting in a tree, kissing, one, two, three. Yeppers.

Well, if it happened, then yes, by all means report it.
I'm sure Mueller would love to have videos of it.   hehe smilie

What an odd thing for anyone to be concerned about. As far as anyone can tell we are all earthlings, so obsessing over ethnicity seems petty to me.

@ErasmusB_FurmanSmall What an odd thing for anyone to be concerned about. As far as anyone can tell we are all earthlings, so obsessing...

I agree, none of this would be happening if Trump hadn't started in with this crap, the same way he did with Obama's birth certificate. Trump is a stupid man, so he goes on the attack against upstanding people.

At least she didn't claim to be a Native American that served in Viet Nam..

Her ancestry was never the issue. Trump and his ilk said that Warren got free passes because of her heritage, and as usual, that was a lie.

@dru18 Her ancestry was never the issue. Trump and his ilk said that Warren got free passes because of her heritage, and...

Snopes: "it is true that while Warren was at U. Penn. Law School she put herself on the “Minority Law Teacher” list as Native American in the faculty directory of the Association of American Law Schools, and that Harvard Law School at one time promoted Warren as a Native American faculty member."
https://www.snopes.com/fact-che...tive-american/

But everyone contacted in 2014 about her stint at Harvard claims they either weren't aware of her claims of native ancestry or that it wasn't a factor in her hiring. But, at the time, they did promote her as being a Native American, so they did try to derive some PR benefit out of her claimed ethnicity whether it was actually a factor in her hiring or not.

Did she get "free passes"? Well, we know for a fact that in her political career she has repeatedly made the claim that she's got native ancestry. Does that qualify as trying to get a free pass? Kind of. I mean she must believe it gives her an advantage, otherwise why bother bringing it up?

@Flrdsgns Trump is just a rabble rouser, I rarely pay attention to anything he has to say

Did you see where trump promised to donate a million dollars if she took a DNA test? Warren took the test, now trump is refusing to pay the money. That fat asshole really should keep his big mouth shut. I suspect he doesn't really have a million dollars.

@Flrdsgns Did you see where trump promised to donate a million dollars if she took a DNA test? Warren took the test, now...

The only proper thing to do is to donate $976.57 to Warren’s charity. She proved she’s at least 1/1024th native, didn’t she? Well, then, she gets 1/1024th of the million.

@2820791

Actually, Trump said if he was debating Warren, he'd offer to give her $1m if she took a DNA test and it proved that she's an indian. He didn't actually make the offer, and she's not actually an indian.

July 5 2018 rally in Great Falls, Mont.

"I shouldn't tell you because I like to not give away secrets. But let's say I'm debating Pocahontas. I promise you I'll do this: I will take, you know those little kits they sell on television for two dollars? ‘Learn your heritage!’ … And in the middle of the debate, when she proclaims that she is of Indian heritage because her mother said she has high cheekbones — that is her only evidence, her mother said she has high cheekbones. We will take that little kit -- but we have to do it gently. Because we're in the #MeToo generation, so I have to be very gentle. And we will very gently take that kit, and slowly toss it, hoping it doesn't injure her arm, and we will say: ‘I will give you a million dollars to your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you're an Indian.’ And let’s see what she does. I have a feeling she will say no. But we’ll hold that for the debates."

@Maze Actually, Trump said if he was debating Warren, he'd offer to give her $1m if she took a DNA test and it proved...

Since hearing his voice makes my ears bleed, I have to switch the channel anytime he comes on TV. I have to rely on soundbites for any trump information. Soundbites don't give all the details. Thanks for posting it.

@Flrdsgns Since hearing his voice makes my ears bleed, I have to switch the channel anytime he comes on TV. I have to rely...

No problem. What's interesting about this situation is that any professional journalist could easily get to the bottom of this story and report it accurately. But did they do that? We know that whatever news source you got the story from left you with the impression that he owes her, I don't think you're stupid, so I have to assume you were misinformed. Do you think the news source you got that from was serving your best interests by giving you a false impression of what transpired?

@Maze No problem. What's interesting about this situation is that any professional journalist could easily get to the...

Sorry for the late reply, went to the Dodger game. I don't think most of the so called news stations are too biased, and that we only get half the story. Cable news seems to be mostly opinion based any more, so I watch less and less. People shouldn't have to watch Fox to get one side of the story, then watch MSNBC to get the other side, and have to put the two together then decide. Just too time consuming when it is so easy to just report what happens, with no opinion and leave it at that, but that isn't the world we live in any longer.

Trump never has paid his bills, so why should we expect him to pay this one. He's such a creep and a liar.

Who cares what Elizabeth Warren does or says? Warren makes Hillary look conservative.

And this matters because? None of this would be happening if Trump hadn't started calling her names, like he does everyone. She took the test, he should pay up or shut up.

Anonymous