StarzAboves avatar Life
8 49

Decorating isnt my thing. No one driving by to see, anyway.
Those inflatable figures are hideously, tacky:[

I have a neighbor that does, not sure why.

We never have any kids that come around Trick or Treating..

DandyDons avatar DandyDon no way! +5Reply
@DandyDon I have a neighbor that does, not sure why. We never have any kids that come around Trick or Treating..

I guess they do it for their kids. lol We used to have more than 100 kids every Halloween, that got expensive. Now the churches and the fire department have a Trunk and Treat for all the kids....so they all go to those places and fill up with candy. lol Kinda takes the fun out of going house to house, in my opinion.

@2821135

Same here, I detest Halloween.

@2821006

This is the first year that I can remember people decorating their homes for Halloween. Too much trouble for me. Thanks for commenting.

We live in a small gated condo complex, so we really don't have enough room or street exposure to make it worthwhile. I enjoy seeing the decorations around the neighborhood though. a smilie

We really just put out pumpkins. I really dislike those blow up decorations but do they ever seem popular!

@TAST We really just put out pumpkins. I really dislike those blow up decorations but do they ever seem popular!

I agree I don't like those blow up decorations, and so many people have them for Christmas. One family in the neighborhood puts up a huge blow up turkey for Thanksgiving. lol I just laugh everytime I pass their home.

When I was a kid I loved this stuff, but now I just don't care. Also, those giant inflatable decorations look like vandalism magnets to me. lol

I go all out on Halloween but not with inflatables. One year I rented a huge blowing machine and a rocking chair that could rock by itself. Even got dried ice, so my house was surrounded by fog.

@2821044

That's a bit early, maybe he's trying to beat the cold weather, you think?

Not really a thing over here.

@2821088

I didn't know that, thanks for the info.

@2821088

I had to Google that.
All the reading raised a question ... if Noah started the "celebration", why don't the Hebrews observe anything like it or around that time?

@2821221

As I said, I read a few sources that came up when I Googled it.
And it's an interesting theory.

I prefer decorating for Halloween to Christmas.
But that's because of my sense of humor, and I enjoy a combination of humor and horror for decorations.

@Walt_OReagun I prefer decorating for Halloween to Christmas. But that's because of my sense of humor, and I enjoy a combination...

hahah to each his own. I love to decorate for Christmas, and I like to do it early....I'm wanting to put my tree up the first of November. lol At least I want to, I doubt the Man of the House will go along with that. lol

@StarzAbove hahah to each his own. I love to decorate for Christmas, and I like to do it early....I'm wanting to put my tree...

My friend asked me once to help put up Christmas decorations.
After putting my finishing touches on ... she finally got around to seeing what I was doing.

I am no longer allowed to decorate unsupervised.
Which is fine with me, since I don't want to decorate for Christmas anyways.
LOL

Our house is at the end of a long driveway; mostly what you see from the street is the gate and the yard. When I was younger, my parents always put up fake spider webs and spiders on the gate and then pumpkins on the porch, but that was it. I didn't grow up in a neighborhood where trick-or-treating was common.

@Tibby Our house is at the end of a long driveway; mostly what you see from the street is the gate and the yard. When I...

Sounds neat. When I was growing up we never went treating, but we did do some tricks. lol Nothing serious, soaped a few windows, threw some corn, then ran like the devil was chasing us, and now today if we did anything like that we would be shot.

@2821587

Lucky you. I don't like Halloween at all. But the little ones seem to love it....

@2821598

I never liked it when I was young. lol

We have giant cat eyes that we put in our windows and have for many years. Every year we get a lot of comments about those eyes.

Anonymous