+8

Trump is such a weak president. The conservatives chastised Obama for not standing tough to Putin's election meddling, even though he expelled 35 Russian Diplomats and slapped tough sanctions on Russia. Trump practically had to have his arm twisted by Congress before he agreed to even half of those measures. And of course he believes Putin's protest of innocence. How? because Putin told him so. Now of course, Trump is standing firm with the Saudis, saying, "I hope the King and prince didn't have anything to do with this. That would be a big factor to me." Is Trump high? NOTHING gets done in the name of Saudi Arabia without those two despots knowing about it beforehand. Trump is such a tough guy when it comes to insulting survivors of sexual assault. Evil Dictators? Not so much.

Image for post Trump is such a weak president. The conservatives chastised Obama for not standing tough to Putin's election meddling, even though he expelled 35 Russian Diplomats and slapped tough sanctions on Russia. Trump practically had to have his arm twisted by Congress before he agreed to even half of those measures. And of course he believes Putin's protest of innocence. How? because Putin told him so. Now of course, Trump is standing firm with the Saudis, saying, "I hope the King and prince didn't have anything to do with this. That would be a big factor to me." Is Trump high? NOTHING gets done in the name of Saudi Arabia without those two despots knowing about it beforehand. Trump is  such a tough guy when it comes to insulting survivors of sexual assault. Evil Dictators? Not so much.
dru18s avatar Politics
1 133
@2821295

The dead guy in question? Was an American resident who was going to apply for citizenship. Worked for the The Washington Post for three years and was a dissenter of the Royal family's brutal regime.

Nope, just brutal sanctions placed on Saudi Arabia will do just fine.

Makes a huge difference.

@2821300

Total BS. He would never have been a target had he praised that regime. You don't even give a link as to where you got that garbage from. You fib almost as good as your master does.

@2821307

Of which Khashoggi had nothing to do with. His views were liberal and he was sympathetic to the Muslim Brotherhood. And............?

@2821317

"Who it is"?? I think you meant what it is. And yes, I know.

@2821323

Nope, you were talking about a group like it was a person. Not going to work.

And you can list and blather away all you want, but at the end of the day, Trump is still a weak president.

@2821331

Nope, actually it is healthcare, ancient boy. That is what is driving people to the polls. And talk about the economy, did you see that stock market crash last week? Makes methink another recession is right around the corner.

But thanks for sticking to the topic. You went all over the road, as usual.

@2821340

Really? Don't think the ACA was free healthcare. But isn't it like a conservative to scream 'Socialism' when they never bother to read anything, ignore facts, and therefore end up not knowing what they are talking about.

@2821659

No, you, don't, like, facts. That much is obvious.

I had a post three quarters written about this, this morning.
While typing, the question that kept coming to my mind was....what justification is this "base" going to throw up? I knew i couldnt get a response that would satisfy me, other than from like minded members.
And while a journalist is slain, people have been devasted by these storms, and his tax cut is breaking the bank, he gets into a twitter war, for all the world to see, with a woman he pursued, whom he now refers to as horseface.
Gotta love the bravery, intergrity, and dignity of 45, eh?

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +3Reply
@dru18 Thank you, Carla. Nobody could have said it better.

My incensed meter is in the red, dru. I wonder when we will see his ultimate low. And when we do, how many people will be down there with him. Denying that they are covered in slug slime, and swear they are winning.

Carlas avatar Carla Agree +1Reply
@Carla My incensed meter is in the red, dru. I wonder when we will see his ultimate low. And when we do, how many people...

I keep praying that we have seen it but I fear we are only digging deeper. As you can see by his rallies, and social media, just how many there are. Even one is way too many.

@Carla Great guy

I still believe in Karma, and Trump will get his due. Let's just pray we still have a country by that time.

@Thinkerbell Keep on hoping, dru.

What? That Trump wasn't in bed with the Saudis? I think that boat has already sailed.

@Thinkerbell Yep, it sure has...

Did an American resident who worked for a American Paper get murdered by the Saudis on Obama's watch? There you go with your 'aboutism'.

@dru18 Did an American resident who worked for a American Paper get murdered by the Saudis on Obama's watch? There you go...

Nah, just an American ambassador with three other Americans were murdered on Obama's watch by Muslim radicals that had participated in the overthrow of Gaddafi with Obama's collusion in the overthrow.
All part of the Arab Spring, don'tchaknow.

@dru18 And Obama was in their pocket? Once again you can't equate worth shit.

Of course Obama was in their pocket, palepuss.

He and his administration lied for weeks, trying to cover up the cause of the Benghazi attack, putting out a cock-and-bull story that it was our fault because of a movie critical of Islam, as if that somehow justified the murders.

@Thinkerbell Of course Obama was in their pocket, palepuss.    He and his administration lied for weeks, trying to cover up...

No, he wasn't their buddy. He didn't have any businesses over there like Trump does in Saudi Arabia. He doesn't have a son in law that had to get a loan from them, like 'Jared the useless,' had to get from the Saudis.

@dru18 No, he wasn't their buddy. He didn't have any businesses over there like Trump does in Saudi Arabia. He doesn't...

Of course Obama was their buddy.  Why else would he have lied for them so assiduously, palepuss?

@Thinkerbell Of course Obama was their buddy.  Why else would he have lied for them so assiduously, palepuss?

Once again, and just for you, Obama had no businesses over there. And you equating the two doesn't hold water. At best you can say he changed the narrative so close to the midterms. Not quite the same thing as being their buddy, is it?

@dru18 Once again, and just for you, Obama had no businesses over there. And you equating the two doesn't hold water. At...

There is more than one way of being a buddy, palepuss.

Obama lied for the Libyan murderers because he was their ideological buddy.
He was covering up for himself and them.

@Thinkerbell There is more than one way of being a buddy, palepuss.    Obama lied for the Libyan murderers because he was...

LOL! Love the way you keep adding to your story, just like the Saudis. You equating the two falls flat and you know it.

@dru18 LOL! Love the way you keep adding to your story, just like the Saudis. You equating the two falls flat and you know it.

Nothing was added besides an explanation of what you were too dense to understand in the first place, palepuss.  
A "buddy" doesn't exclusively have to have a business interest.

@Thinkerbell Nothing was added besides an explanation of what you were too dense to understand in the first place, palepuss.  ...

Of course, but there is no definition that will allow you to use it in the context of Obama and the terrorists.

@dru18 Of course, but there is no definition that will allow you to use it in the context of Obama and the terrorists.

Of course there is... he lied for them.
He and Hillary and Rice could have told the truth about the Benghazi terrorists right off, but noo....

@Thinkerbell Naah... Hillary lost. Haven't you heard yet?

As you will well know, this year, and in 2020.

@dru18 As you will well know, this year, and in 2020.

Hillary is going to be elected president in 2020?  Is that another of your predictions...? biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

It's a shame that there are still people believing what this liar is telling them. They need to open their eyes and ears and hear what he is actually saying. He's in bed with the Saudis, and is trying to deflect the situation by calling a woman "horseface." He needs to take a look in the mirror with his orange face, crazy hair and lizard eyes..... Image in content

@2821971

But you sure do like your Social Security check and Medicare, don't you?

@dru18 But you sure do like your Social Security check and Medicare, don't you?

Dru, the payback on Social Security is less than half of what the payback of even a conservatively invested IRA would be, for the same money put in (employer plus employee contribution), over a 35-year working life.

@Thinkerbell Dru, the payback on Social Security is less than half of what the payback of even a conservatively invested IRA...

So? That means nothing. Most blue collar working people, (conservative or liberal) depend on that "payback".

@dru18 So? That means nothing. Most blue collar working people, (conservative or liberal) depend on that "payback".

I see you can't do simple math either...
If the blue collar workers had the option of putting the Social Security contributions into an IRA, they could depend on getting TWICE the "payback" that they get now.
Instead, they depend on HALF of what they SHOULD be getting, thanks to politicians who can't keep their corrupt mitts off the SS trust fund.
"Trust"???  Hah!

@Thinkerbell I see you can't do simple math either... If the blue collar workers had the option of putting the Social Security...

No, you just don't read or observe on what is going on around you. Most blue collar workers live paycheck to paycheck, and therefore don't have the income to "invest".

@dru18 No, you just don't read or observe on what is going on around you. Most blue collar workers live paycheck to...

As usual, you haven't got a clue. Learn to read, whydon'tcha? hehe smilie

It's not a question of having to have extra income to invest.
Social Security is already being taken out of their earnings. I'm saying if the VERY SAME MONEY that is currently being paid into Social Security were invested in an IRA instead, their return during retirement would be TWICE as great as what SS gives them.

@Thinkerbell As usual, you haven't got a clue. Learn to read, whydon'tcha?    It's not a question of having to have...

And as usual, you are living in dream land. Once again, most people live paycheck to paycheck. They tend to spend the money on food and rent, utilities, medical expenses, etc.... not invest it.

@dru18 And as usual, you are living in dream land. Once again, most people live paycheck to paycheck. They tend to spend...

So you're saying that paycheck-to-paycheck people would be too dumb to invest the money that is now being withheld from their income in the first place, but need the government to force them. Typical lib thinking.

And they pay a steep price of 50% of what they could have gotten by letting the govt force them to save. No wonder most of them vote for Democrats.  cyc smilie

First of all, 'gathering dust', you get 75% back not 50. Second of all, if someone is living check to check I doubt they will be doing much investing.

@Thinkerbell In case you missed it the first 5 times... which of course you did, as usual...

You are so damn wrong on this one that it must hurt. WTF? Do you not understand that the majority of people will not take anything out of their check to invest, no matter what they get back?

@dru18 You are so damn wrong on this one that it must hurt. WTF? Do you not understand that the majority of people will...

If that's true, then the dummies should be forced to pay into a private retirement plan, and get twice what they would have gotten from SS when they retire.
You know, like Obamacare. hehe smilie

But no, the corrupt crooks in government like having that SS "trust" fund to raid.

In Trump's defense, we have been allies with Saudi Arabia for decades. There has been a long line of U.S. presidents all to eager to kiss the monarchy's ass. It has nothing to do shared values, or them being a beacon of Liberalism in the Middle East. We are allies solely because we need their oil. Does it suck? Yes. I hate it. Do I want it to change? Yes. But it's been this way for years.

@PhilboydStudge In Trump's defense, we have been allies with Saudi Arabia for decades. There has been a long line of U.S...

An American resident who worked for an American Newspaper was murdered by the Saudis. I think that just tipped the scales.

@dru18 An American resident who worked for an American Newspaper was murdered by the Saudis. I think that just tipped the...

You would think.. but recall that 75% of the 9/11 terrorists were citizens of Saudi Arabia.
It's the ugly side of realpolitik policies.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED at how Saudophobic you have become, dru.
Such blatant generalizations!   omg smilie

@Thinkerbell I'm shocked, SHOCKED at how Saudophobic you have become, dru. Such blatant generalizations!  

The Saudis keep changing the story everyday as the bullshit meter goes through the roof.

@Thinkerbell Yeah, they remind me of Obama and Hillary.  

In what way? Did Obama tell the terrorists to investigate themselves?

@Thinkerbell No, he lied for them instead.

Changing the subject again, I see. If he did indeed "lie" he didn't do it for them.

@dru18 Changing the subject again, I see. If he did indeed "lie" he didn't do it for them.

Of course he did.  In his fevered ideology, it would have been Islamophobic to tell the truth.

@dru18 Nah, if he did lie, (which you can't prove) he did it for the midterms.

It wasn't the midterms... it was in 2012, when he was running for re-election. He was trying to cover his own a*s by lying about the radicals.
And he lied again when he said the original lies "only" went on for three days.

@dru18 I seriously doubt that would have made or broke him. And he knew that.

I agree that telling the truth right off wouldn't have made or broken him, and also that he knew it.
Therefore, it follows that he lied out of conviction, to cover for his buddies in Libya... the ones he helped to overthrow Gaddafi.

@dru18 Such a far leap, that will land you right into a puddle. As usual, no facts.

Plenty of facts.
You yourself admitted Obama didn't have to lie.
You yourself said he knew he didn't have to lie.
So why did he lie, if not to protect his buddies that he colluded with to overthrow Gaddafi? Just for the fun of it? biggrin smilie

@dru18 It's a stale robotic response.

Maybe so, but nevertheless true.
And stupid liberals oppose fracking, that makes us less dependent on Saudi oil.

@Thinkerbell Maybe so, but nevertheless true. And stupid liberals oppose fracking, that makes us less dependent on Saudi oil.

WTF? What does one have to do with the other? Pray tell what Trump having businesses over there have anything to do with fracking?

@dru18 No, it is your reply, own it.

My reply was to Phil's comment.
Context, palepuss, context.
Can't you keep more than one thought in your head at a time?
No, of course you can't.   hehe smilie

@dru18 Yes, and YOU replied to my comment.

In the context of Phil's comment, as I have now explained to you TWICE.

@Thinkerbell In the context of Phil's comment, as I have now explained to you TWICE...

Phil's comment? Once you got aboard that train left the station fifty miles back.

@Thinkerbell Only because you were much too dense to understand the context.

No, it really is due to your penchant for adding so much BS on, with each inane reply of yours, that Phil's comment kinda of got lost in the mix.

@dru18 No, it really is due to your penchant for adding so much BS on, with each inane reply of yours, that Phil's comment...

As I have now told you three times, nothing was added except an explanation of what you were too dense to understand in the first place. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell As I have now told you three times, nothing was added except an explanation of what you were too dense to...

"And stupid liberals oppose fracking, that makes us less dependent on Saudi oil."

Sure, pixie.

@dru18 "And stupid liberals oppose fracking, that makes us less dependent on Saudi oil." Sure, pixie.

For the fourth time, palepuss, read Phil's comment for the context: dependence on Saudi oil, which made every president for decades kiss their slimy as*es.

@Thinkerbell For the fourth time, palepuss, read Phil's comment for the context: dependence on Saudi oil, which made every...

No, you don't get off that easy, dusty. You made a ridiculous statement to try and turn Phil's comment into fracking vs. anti-fracking. (By the way, dust gather, Hillary was for fracking).

@dru18 No, you don't get off that easy, dusty. You made a ridiculous statement to try and turn Phil's comment into...

You fumbled it, as usual, palepuss. Fracking is a way to lessen our dependence on Saudi oil. Bernie was against it, and Hillary fudged, when she was running for president.

"Here’s how Clinton detailed her position during the March 6 debate in Flint, Michigan:

"I don’t support it [fracking] when any locality or any state is against it, No. 1. I don’t support it when the release of methane or contamination of water is present. I don’t support it — No. 3 — unless we can require that anybody who fracks has to tell us exactly what chemicals they are using.

So by the time we get through all of my conditions, I do not think there will be many places in America where fracking will continue to take place. And I think that’s the best approach, because right now, there are places where fracking is going on that are not sufficiently regulated." "
https://www.politifact.com/trut...port-fracking/

Trump has a sense of proportion, which is something many of his critics seem to lack. I'm sure he doesn't want the Saudis to go around chopping up journalists, that's absolutely abhorrent behavior, but there's a relationship there that's much bigger than this incident: they're an important ally. The Saud regime is far from perfect, but they've been making an effort to liberalize lately, and it would be a shame to turn on them now, especially by jumping to conclusions. At least get to the bottom of what happened and who ordered it before making any decisions about how to react.

As for Russia, from what I've heard, if they had any effect at all on the 2016 election is was insignificant. As such, I think Trump was overly harsh on them. Not good for a relationship between nations which is, objectively speaking, one of the most important relationships on earth. The stupid accusations of the Democrats have done enormous damage to US / Russia relations, and I think that's unfortunate. An opportunity squandered over internal bickering.

I was going to wait until we know more about the situation before laying blame on chastising anyone.

But, going off half-cocked is another approach.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply
@dru18 We know quite a bit already, and none of it favorites the Saudis.

Really?
As of last evening, they were just then ready to speculate that the guy is dead.

And, let's not forget, you're still ready to hang Kavanaugh without evidence.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +2Reply
@dru18 The Saudis, Turks, and now, Trump, just said he was dead. You want more?

They usually require a dead body -
Maybe they'll make an exception for you to get as much possible Trump bashing in before the election.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree 0Reply
@Budwick They usually require a dead body - Maybe they'll make an exception for you to get as much possible Trump bashing...

I don't think they have been requiring a "dead body" for a long time now. Keep up with new developments, Budwick.

But I agree with you that Trump is a compulsive liar, so it's likely the guy is still alive.

@2821482

Oh shit! LMAO! Missed this one.Trump is showing weakness now with the Saudis.

@2822456

He sure is. He had every opportunity to call them out and he folded like a cheap chair.

@2822456

Palepuss doesn't know anything, as she has amply proved many times on this post, except that she loathes Trump.   biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell

You can't even defend Trump. All you have is the "whataboutism" weak ass argument.

@dru18 You can't even defend Trump. All you have is the "whataboutism" weak ass argument.

"Whataboutism" is an excellent argument, that shows you only care about something when the guy you don't like does it, but NOT when your guy does it.

Proof that you do not regard your complaint as a general principle.

@Thinkerbell "Whataboutism" is an excellent argument, that shows you only care about something when the guy you don't like does...

No, it just proves that after almost two years of Trump in office you have nothing to brag about.

@dru18 No, it just proves that after almost two years of Trump in office you have nothing to brag about.

No, it proves that if your guy does it, it's fine with you, if Trump does it it's bad. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell No, it proves that if your guy does it, it's fine with you, if Trump does it it's bad.

Don't even try comparing Obama to Trump. Those guys couldn't even be in the same room. Did Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush, and Obama lie? Sure they did. But Trump never stops lying.

@dru18 Don't even try comparing Obama to Trump. Those guys couldn't even be in the same room. Did Nixon, Reagan, Clinton...

Sure, he tells more lies, but what you are overlooking is that he also tells truths that no one in the Establishment will mention. Is Hillary a crook? You betcha. Is the MSM biased? Of course.