+12

What's wrong with people in the DC/Marvel Universes, when it comes to recognizing the superheros? I have never been that good with faces, but these people... Wow...Just put on a suit and some goggles, nobody ever figures out, who you are.

Image for post What's wrong with people in the DC/Marvel Universes, when it comes to recognizing the superheros? I have never been that good with faces, but these people... Wow...Just put on a suit and some goggles, nobody ever figures out, who you are.
ZonkeyBallss avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
7 14

With most of them I'd say it is because of who they are when they're not in superhero form. Their alter ego tends to be the most non super hero type of person that no one ever pays any attention to. You could argue Lois didn't know Clark is Superman because she never took the time to even really look at Clark.

@KvotheSavien With most of them I'd say it is because of who they are when they're not in superhero form. Their alter ego tends...

As I said, I'm not that good with faces, so mild face-blindness is obviously a common feature in real life as well.

@ZonkeyBalls As I said, I'm not that good with faces, so mild face-blindness is obviously a common feature in real life as well.

Yea I can't say I focus on faces too much either...I'm sure there are plenty of people I know that could become a superhero with a modest disguise and I'd be just as oblivious as people in the Marvel/DC universe.

@KvotheSavien Yea I can't say I focus on faces too much either...I'm sure there are plenty of people I know that could become a...

I can shoot deadly fumes out of my ass. But, then again, I usually just rob banks, so I'm not a hero.

... with facial recognition technology these days, the villians could use that to figure out the "alter ego" and ruin their life without ever confronting them. I mean things like stealing the alter-ego ID, ruining their credit, making it impossible for them to get a job, get a felony record, etc, etc.

@2821495

"Hey, girl, you got new glasses!" "Hey, dude, you got new glasses, what's with the suit? Are you in process of turning into Supahman?"

EDIT: When Clark Kent goes into a phonebox to change, where the hell does he store his suit, shirt and tie? They would get stolen in five minutes. He is probably paying a zilliard for new outfits each bloody year.

@2821523

Put him online, then.

@2821525

He is in a lot better mental health than I am.

@2821528

Most of the people - myself included in that bunch - are somewhat weird.