-4

I suspect that the real reason the condemned is offered at last meal is not a consolation to the accused, but to ease the conscience of the executioner as he commits the same sin of which the condemned was convicted.

It seems hypocritical to claim the 10 commandments are the Word of God while endorsing capital punishment, stand your ground, or military intervention.

VicZincs avatar Psychology
8 27

Also, a dying man/woman complimenting the cook is the best "thank you" any cook can get, so it's a chance for the cooks to show their skillz.

I think it's more of a kiss my ass, cause this is just one of the wonderful things in life that you threw away with your actions. But that's JMHO. :)

Agreed. That is why I feel "Pro-Life" is a misnomer. Many "Pro-Lifers" support the death penalty and military interventions. "Anti-Choicers" is much more accurate.

@PhilboydStudge Agreed. That is why I feel "Pro-Life" is a misnomer. Many "Pro-Lifers" support the death penalty and military...

What does opposing abortion have in common with supporting the death penalty and "military interventions"? Defending the innocent from the guilty. Does the life of a serial killer have the same value as the life of an innocent child?

@Maze What does opposing abortion have in common with supporting the death penalty and "military interventions"?...

In my opinion, someone who takes the innocent life of another has sacrificed his/her right to liberty. A child's life is worth more.

That being said, convicted murderers and enemy combatants are still humans. I'm definitely not pro- all human lives. And by own definition I am anti-choice, as I'm against abortion after (roughly) the first trimester.

I never understood trying to punish murder by murder.

@2822167

Of course it's not a crime. The post said "sin".

Capital punishment...
Cost effective...no
A deterrent...no
Revenge...yes
Sanctioned murder.

But then...military intervening into what, exactly?

Probably because that's the last good thing he will have in this life.

I'm glad there is capital punishment.....

Regardless, it's one thing to kill one person not out of your own wish but out of duty, because someone has to do this job and another to do it out of sick pleasure as murderers do. On the other hand it would weight a lot less on one's heart to kill a killer of innocents. In a scenario where let's say I am forced to kill someone and I have no other choice, it would be a lot easier for me to take the life of someone who has killed innocent people.

Cuz the accused eating a meal can make others feel good?
I get where you were trying to head Vic, but you really gotta work on these.
This makes no sense.

I don't endorse capital punishment simply because it simply doesn't work. It was supposed to be a deterrent. But, you gotta actually execute people for that to work. The automatic appeals, endless delays, complaints that executions hurt too much, waiting years and years - screw it. Just lock 'em away, be rid of 'em.

Budwicks avatar Budwick Disagree +1Reply

If you believe executioners are committing a sin for taking the lives of the guilty, how much more of a sin are abortionists committing by taking the lives of the innocent? The unborn have literally never done anything wrong - more than any other human, they are truly innocent. But you don't choose to speak on their behalf, you choose to speak for murderers and enemies, those who would attack you, enslave you or destroy you. Why is that, Vic?

@Maze If you believe executioners are committing a sin for taking the lives of the guilty, how much more of a sin are...

I am not speaking on behalf of anyone Maze, I am stating my opinion. I didn't even say that execution was wrong. I just said it broke the same "commandment" the a murder breaks. I don't happen to believe that the commandments are the word of God. I do think that people who believe the commandments are the word of God and don't protest wars and capital punishment are hypocrites. That's my opinion.

@VicZinc I am not speaking on behalf of anyone Maze, I am stating my opinion. I didn't even say that execution was wrong. I...

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the evildoer.
Romans 13:3, 4

Or, it's already paid for with tax money....so, why not?...

DandyDons avatar DandyDon Disagree -1Reply

In that situation, Bill Clinton would say, "Fo' mah layust meal, Ah'd like a nice hot intern, about 20 yeahs old, with a couplah Viagrahs fer an appetizah."