+1

RIPPING OFF THE AGE OF INNOCENCE. . Did any of you lose your allowance to these guys when you were little? What else did you want from the back of a comic book? Or, how many boxes of cereal did you have to eat?

Image for post RIPPING OFF THE AGE OF INNOCENCE. . Did any of you lose your allowance to these guys when you were little? What else did you want from the back of a comic book? Or, how many boxes of cereal did you have to eat?
60%Yes40%No
dru18s avatar Life
3 19

I remember these fascinating ads very well, and I wanted to respond to all of them. But my grandma wouldn't allow me to. (I'm still curious about the sea monkeys!) a smilie

@JanHaskell I remember these fascinating ads very well, and I wanted to respond to all of them. But my grandma wouldn't allow...

Don't be, Jan. One of my cousins sent off for them and received a package of live baby shrimp, which of course all died. Your grandmother was smart.

@2823257

I wanted a pair of those so bad.

@2823257

OMG! I bought a pair as a kid!
I ran to mailbox everyday - I didn't want Mom to see what I had ordered.
Shocking news - they didn't work.

I do remember seeing those ads. I never did actually order any "Sea Monkeys", though. I'm pretty sure I didn't order anything except some books for the summer, when I was a kid.

@Piper2 I do remember seeing those ads. I never did actually order any "Sea Monkeys", though. I'm pretty sure I didn't...

I never order anything from the back of a comic book. They were a total ripoff like the x-ray glasses and the Charles Atlas ad for putting on weight. But one year I did order a Mick Jagger T shirt from the back of a rock magazine.

@2823400

Did you see the ad below?

@2823493

I read the first one from wiki and thought it was pretty interesting. Learned things about him that I didn't know before. Although I am still skeptical that his experience can be sold through an ad.