Robo-Calls are driving me crazy!

Telemarketers, Glenn the Pakistani Microsoft guy, every charity on the planet, spoofed caller ID, political calls - it's never ending! Last night I picked up the phone - heard nothing - hung up - then picked up the ringing phone again SEVEN times in less than three minutes.

I checked with my telephone service provider. I can block up to 30 numbers, but I have to call them for each one. That's a whole new telephone nightmare of waiting and navigating their menu for everything except what I'm calling for!

I KNOW we're not alone. I use MrNumber app on my cell phone. The problem I described is on the home land line [yes, Budwick's are the one that still use a land line.]

Do you have a success story in beating this problem?

Image for post Robo-Calls are driving me crazy!
53% I have the same problem and looking forward to seeing solutions 26% I've been off the grid since 1976 21% I may have a solution for you
Budwicks avatar Technology
10 24
@2823301

I have a desk phone, will not use cell phone. So when I don't want those calls I unplug my phone and let the answering service take calls, most junk calls don't leave messages.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I have the same problem and looking forward to... +1Reply
@2823301

That's what I was doing, blocking a lot of numbers but then noticed they were just getting different numbers.

I gave up on blocking them and just started ending the call, if it was an unknown number or letting it ring until they hung up.

After doing that for a while, it did more good than trying to keep blocking the numbers.

Sometimes I get no calls or I get one or two a day now, before it was just ridiculous how many I would get in one day.

DandyDons avatar DandyDon I have the same problem and looking forward to... -1Reply

I'm about ready to go with burner phones. Ha!

Will_Janitors avatar Will_Janitor I have the same problem and looking forward to... +5Reply

I hardly answer any of my calls anymore. If I don't recognize the name or the number, I just let it ring ..... and it happens throughout the day and evening. crs smilie

JanHaskells avatar JanHaskell I have the same problem and looking forward to... +4Reply

Unfortunately, I have no success story about even reducing those annoying calls. As you mentioned, they've become so sneaky with the "spoofed" numbers. Not long ago..I had 5 calls on my landline from my own number.

@2823349

I know how to do that for email.
How is that done for phone calls?

Budwicks avatar Budwick I may have a solution for you 0Reply
@2823456

The gizmo I bought should be delivered today. It works in a reverse principle. There are 5,000 known SPAM numbers loaded and I can add more as time goes by. If there's a spam call, I just hit a button and that number is blocked. I'll let you know how it works.

@2823774

You seem to be pretty savvy on this topic!

I never call back those numbers, if you have contacted them, the call directory thinks they are good buds of yours and will not block them. My phone service allows me to block all robo or unidentified numbers, it cuts down a bunch.

LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I have the same problem and looking forward to... +2Reply

Do you need some double glazing ?cry smilie

ThePrinceofWaless avatar ThePrinceofWales I've been off the grid since 1976 +2Reply

Turn the ringer off.
Get one of those things that attach to the landline and flicker a light, when you get a call.

Walt_OReaguns avatar Walt_OReagun I may have a solution for you +1Reply

Same here, Bro...And what's scary is that some of them robo-callers can carry on a conversation.

After that nightmare last night I found a device on Amazon that says it will block 5,000 known telemarket and political numbers and lets me add 1,500 more easily. It has over 4,000 very positive reviews. I'll let you know how it works for me.

I'm not getting as many as I did before..