I wouldn't go quite as far to say that I totally despise overly positive people but is it really necessary for them to try to shove it down your throat? Sometimes a person is just having a garbage day and wants to be left alone to sulk a little. At least give me that much.

Image for post I wouldn't go quite as far to say that I totally despise overly positive people but is it really necessary for them to try to shove it down your throat?   Sometimes a person is just having a garbage day and wants to be left alone to sulk a little.  At least give me that much.
KvotheSaviens avatar Life
9 18
@2823787

Exactly! I think that is a condition that should be out of bounds. People interacting with me should adjust their life based on what my current mood is.

@2823791

I'm speaking more of the type that seems a little too chronically happy...usually to the point that you can't take a shred of genuineness from it. But maybe this type of person is the grateful helper that you speak of, lol. Maybe it's just their approach that needs work. Sometimes I feel like these days people are more open to receiving empathy than they are inspiration. More times than not I'd say that I am.

@2823855

Oh I know you were generally speaking but you still managed in parts to be pretty spot on when it comes to me. We could all be a little more positive. Just in small doses ...no need to get all carried away with false hope.

@2823860

You could call me a realist with way too damn much imagination.

I agree, but they could just be hungry.

It does get to be a bit much, sometimes. It is fairly rare that anyone I'd be venting to would be saying that "overly positive" stuff to me, but yeah...sometimes. ;)

@2823834

And that's what makes the internet so wonderful....controlled content. Life away from it isn't so easy though.

Okay but when you decide to jump off a cliff......don't blame me...

@DandyDon Okay but when you decide to jump off a cliff......don't blame...

I don't think I'd ever be the cliff jumping type......there's not even any cliffs around here.

@KvotheSavien I don't think I'd ever be the cliff jumping type......there's not even any cliffs around here.

You could climb on top of the roof.....I mean, to get a good view of the sunrise.
Yeaaa, that's what I meant.