What's a favourite accent of yours? And how would you describe your accent?

Mine is most definitely Welsh.I love an Australian accent.

Image for post What's a favourite accent of yours? And how would you describe your accent?
ThePrinceofWaless avatar Language
7 13

This is not just licking ye ass, mate, but I do like Welsh accent a lot. I don't speak it, though, with my certain dental problems (I bet our resident dentist could fix that for some "undercounter cash") I have a bit of a lisp. Not much, just a bit. When I was in school (elementary/high school), Finns were taught the proper English. As one, who watched lots and lots of American stuff on the telly, I have a really mixed accent. When I lived in London, a couple of guys thought I was an Aussie. When I lived in Texas, a couple of guys thought I was German. So...

I spent most of my early childhood in England and my parents both learned English late in life and developed thick accents (in my dad's case, French, in my mom's case, Dutch). I've been in the U.S. since I was 11 and I have a mild British accent.

A favorite accent of mine is the French accent. I've heard it a lot, but I never get tired of it.

As for native English accents, I love New Zealand (it is different from Australian!) and upper class British/RP.

@2823958

I had forgotten about the thick Boston accent. Thanks for making me smile. ;o)

WHITE ROSE WHITE ROSE, WHITE ROSE WHITE ROSE....
YORRRKSHIRE YORRKSHIRE!
乂^◡^乂

@Ada WHITE ROSE WHITE ROSE, WHITE ROSE WHITE ROSE.... YORRRKSHIRE...

Arr ye mockin' me accent? At least there's no fockin' minkies in Yorrrrkshire, I give you that.

@ZonkeyBalls Arr ye mockin' me accent? At least there's no fockin' minkies in Yorrrrkshire, I give you that.

So, what makes you so sure there's no fockin' minkies in Yorrrrkshire? And just how the hell did you figure out I was mocking your accent??
乂^◡^乂

@Ada So, what makes you so sure there's no fockin' minkies in Yorrrrkshire? And just how the hell did you figure out I...

It was written in the Bible.

1. A mad boxer from the Englandland came on a site full of sick.
2. "Hear yee, hear yee, there is a Finn amongst us, so grab a stone."
3. Then thee went for beer, got drunk and stoned each other to death.
4. Jesus was late and notice did not, how awful were such things.
5. "Oh crap. Not again", said the Lord's third son. Thus the evil became.
6. With evil, there was darkness. With darkness, there was light.
7. Light came from Yorrrrrrkshire, the county of former minkies.
8. "Let there bet torches", said the Lord and a flashlight was invented.
9. Thee resurrected boxer took a torch, but managed to blind a random goat.
10. The site was full of awe, as the goat climbed a tree.
11. On the 11th of the 11th, the goat came down to eat.
12. Goliath took the goat as his pet, but was later killed by a tiny man.
13. The goat was a Sumerian god named Ptrllth. Thus the saga began.

I love the Australian and British accents.... I've been told I have a somewhat southern accent, not sure what that even means.

Anonymous