+9

Whether these bombs sent to critics of Donald Trump are from an actual domestic terrorist one one trying to stirr the pot and arise political animosity, it's still a deplorable act. I have had an unpopular fringe theory that i may have been sent by a democrat trying to stirr up more tensions against Trump. I know that that sounds crazy coming from me, a HARDCORE TRUMP HATER but I just wanted to state that If that is the case I don't condone that kind of low blow tactics not even from my own side. However I must stress that that is just a theory, that popped into my head relating to the flaws in the bombs and all and I'm not saying it's more likely than not but it could very well be. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I came up with this spy novel style twist theory late last night and wanted to say it before anything is found out just in case people think I'm incapable of being bipartisan because you know I'm Janet... but I must say we cannot betray our own principles to defend those principles. I hope that this is not the case and It's just some cuckoo extremist but if it is, I'll be sorely disappointed.

Not that It will change my votes however, Trump is still his Trumpy self

Image for post Whether these bombs sent to critics of Donald Trump are from an actual domestic terrorist one one trying to stirr the pot and arise political animosity, it's still a deplorable act. I have had an unpopular fringe theory that i may have been sent by a democrat trying to stirr up more tensions against Trump. I know that that sounds crazy coming from me, a HARDCORE TRUMP HATER but I just wanted to state that If that is the case I don't condone that kind of low blow tactics not even from my own side. However I must stress that that is just a theory, that popped into my head relating to the flaws in the bombs and all and I'm not saying it's more likely than not but it could very well be. We shouldn't jump to conclusions.
TomboyJanets avatar Politics
9 22
@2824039

I think it was the Git R Done thing that tipped me off, It seems more like a parody than an actual thing. I must say whoever's doing this is just as bad whatever side they are on.

They've arrested someone in Florida. His name is Cesar Sayoc, Jr. His van was covered in a lot of political and sports-related bumper stickers:

@Sofia Is that really his van or just a random picture?

It's his van. They had a tarp over it earlier. There are other pictures that show some of the stickers up close, including the ones on the sides. One of them says "Native Americans for Trump" and another that says "Seminole Tribe", which might be why some sources are reporting Sayoc is himself Native American, but I don't know if we know that for sure.

@Tibby It's his van. They had a tarp over it earlier. There are other pictures that show some of the stickers up close...

I can zoom the picture. There's stickers about:

• soccer (a lot about soccer)
  • thanking police, military and vets
  • for-Trump stuff
  • "Carolina Mountain Blue Forever"
  • a Germany flag? There's something on top of it, another symbol, so it's probably something different.
  • An ISIS sticker. I can't read the other words in the sticker, but I'll guess is saying something bad about them.
  • A college in North Carolina being voted the best in South
  • The pictures on the side: I think I see Mike Pence, one "CNN Sucks", a picture of a soccer team, and memes? Seem like memes.

I mean, if this is the guy, his reasons seem pretty clear.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +2Reply
@Sofia I can zoom the picture. There's stickers about: soccer (a lot about soccer) thanking police, military and...

Well, his intention to look like a right winger is evident, but that's been clear since day 1, given his targets.

@2824040

Only a weakminded fool would change their political alignment based on the actions of a single member or even a group of people on their side. It's the principles of rights for all and protecting lives over money that I stand for and the ends doesn't always justify the means. We must be careful not to become the monsters we face

Whoever did this shouldn't be out in the public. I don't give a shit which side of the spectrum they related themselves with, they have a few screws loose.

Sofias avatar Sofia Agree +4Reply

Thank God they caught the guy before anyone was hurt. Kudos to all law enforcement for getting this person so quickly.

Outstanding post! IMO

@Budwick Outstanding post! IMO

It is an outstanding post bud, but you are one on the biggest problems on here with all the bait posts you've been putting up lately.

@2824143

I was JUST gonna say that exact, same thing - that you said - up there, where you said that~!

I agree, and I don't think it's reasonable to blame the entire left for the actions of one nutter either. Vote for who you prefer and don't be swayed by a terrorist.

I like to understand things. What's this person's motivation? If he was really some crazed maniac stirred up by Trump, wanting to harm prominent Democrats, why such an impotent attack? There was literally no chance of his attack succeeding because there were 2 layers of safety for the targets of his attack: for one, he only sent "bombs" to people who don't open their own mail, how was that supposed to work? Does anyone think Hillary Clinton opens her own mail? You'd have to be a total moron. Okay, so maybe he's a moron. But then, he also didn't send functional bombs, why? Am I to believe that he never bothered to see if his devices would actually work? Seems unlikely someone would risk their entire future to try and blow people up with bombs they've never tested. He faces over 50 years in prison, for what? How was it supposed to go? Doesn't add up.

But if he's some deranged leftist impersonating a Trump supporter, then it makes a lot more sense. He didn't send real bombs because he didn't want to harm the people he was sending them to, or anyone else for that matter because he considers himself a good guy, and his motivation wasn't to blow people up, only to smear Trump supporters and thereby swing the election for the Dems. I could see how some unbalanced person who sees themselves as having nothing to lose might make a sacrifice like that to swing an election. I mean, he's a 56 year old stripper / bouncer with a criminal record, how's his career prospects? He also has a long history of steroid use, how's his health? Also, since he didn't send actual bombs, he might have been hoping to get off easier when he was caught, which also seems to have been part of his plan, as witnessed by his social media presence, his over the top van, and the fact that he kept sending packages until he was caught.

Speaking of social media, despite his right wing rantings, none of the people he was following on Twitter were conservatives, the only political people he was following were lefties, he was following Obama but not Trump. Doesn't quite fit for a Trump supporter on Twitter. But a fake Trump supporter wouldn't want to be hearing from the right all the time, they'd only want to hear from those they like, and in his case it was people on the left.