Welcome to the First Man-Made Mass Extinction Event. Playing Now on a Planet Near You.

Mind Boggling Oil Spill: 30,000 Gallons a Day into the Gulf of Mexico for 14 years and Nobody is Being Held Responsible.
This is insane. It's the Taylor Energy Spill and it's still pumping 30,000 gallons a day into the Gulf of Mexico. It will soon pass BP's Deep Water Horizon as the worst spill in US history.
Between this, Fukushima, which nobody is talking about, and all the other deregulation we are totally fukt.
Nobody is talking about all the animal die offs either.
So let's keep fighting for the fossil fuel/nuclear industries because the economy is what's really important.

It's interesting there is no topic category for environment.

The Taylor Spill: Oil Still Pouring Into the Gulf, 14 Years Later - YouTubeAn oil spill that has been quietly leaking millions of barrels of oil into the Gulf of Mexico and has gone unplugged for so long that it now verges on becomi...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXMwNd1uhE8Image for post Welcome to the First Man-Made Mass Extinction Event.  Playing Now on a Planet Near You.
67% Save fossil Fuels 17% Axe FF ASAP 17% it's already too late 0% It's another liberal Hoax
urwutuiss avatar News & Current Events
3 30

That is SO damn disturbing. Even if I didn't and haven't always cared about that whole other world of life in the oceans, it would be.

@2824239

Finally, something we agree on

@2824249

There have been so many bait posts lately, mostly anti democrat and one idiot making a post about who the bomber is associated with. Just gets old and tiring, and when someone is more concerned if a person sending out bombs is a conservative or a liberal instead of just a sick psycho, it's going over the line. I just decided to go after mostly the other two. Sorry if you got unjustly accused of being as biased and hateful as those other two morons.

@2824271

I think the problem is that there is very little print media any longer. Once they went to talking heads on TV, journalism was doomed. They just can't completely cover a story in the 3 minutes allotted them. People like Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley and some of the others were all print journalists before TV. The ones coming up now, go to college, then right into broadcast TV, and don't have the experience to cover a story from all sides.
Just a sad sign of the times I guess.

@Flrdsgns I think the problem is that there is very little print media any longer. Once they went to talking heads on TV...

The real problem was Clinton and the communications act allowing corporations to control 95% of the information we get and Just like elections they create the illusion of choice.

@2824265

I'm not sure if you know this but Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in the country.
If corporate dems weren't such scum and rigged the primaries I think he would have beaten Trump but probably would have gotten so much resistance from both parties he wouldn't have been able to do much.

Vote Justice democrats and get corporate money out of politics.

@urwutuis I'm not sure if you know this but Bernie Sanders is the most popular politician in the country. If corporate dems...

Bernie is a socialist, and though it may be great for Norway or Sweden, it would never work in a country as large as the United States.

@2824239

Oil already is prohibitively expensive.
Most of the costs are destruction of environment and are either lied about or hidden. We know it's always worse than they say it is. This one may be more extreme but the big question is: How close are we to Soylent Green?

@2824375

So because somebody predicted population growth that didn't happen it's OK to pump 30,000 gallons of oil a day into the gulf. It makes perfect sense to me.

Environmental estrogens are synthetics created by humans. Why, it's as if man was destroying mother nature.

@2824767

Sorry, I took that the wrong way. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.
In any case I believe you're right. In fact, the way things are going I'll be surprised if we make it through another decade and I'm not one given to hysterics. Shit is collapsing at a rate that's hard to comprehend and I doubt It can be stopped even if the political will was there.

It just irks the shit out of me that these assholes are getting away with this crap. Again. And nobody is even trying to fix it. Whoever was in management when this shit started in 2004 and said the leak was 5 gal. a day needs to be in jail and if anyone deserves the death penalty it's those fuckers.
And screw that lethal injection BS. They should be drawn and quartered.

conservatives truly believe, if you can make a buck off it, trashing the planet is of no concern to them.

@2824365

So oil spills are good for the ocean and it rained at your house so everything is just ducky.

@2824754

And a good go fuck yourself to you too asshole.
I don't need a fucking weather report especially from a dumb fuck troglodyte like you. If you were drowning in that rain I'd throw you both ends of a rope.

This isn't about your shitty weather so quit whining. If you don't like the weather, move.
Now fuck off and let the adults talk.
I like you too.

@2825050

A taste of your own medicine doesn't go down so easy, does it?
What's the matter? Can't take it?

Yes, be afraid. The migrants are coming and one of them is wanted. Murderers and thieves. Terrorists even. Whatever shall we do?
But oil pouring into the gulf for 14 years will be great for fishing.
As long as you've got your priorities straight.
Just another misinformed Trumpster parroting pundit propaganda

@2826046

If? I'm referring to the Taylor oil spill?
They're the first words of the post. Take a guess.
Let's do some background? How about let's do some reading. Had you bothered to read the article you'd know all of that was in it.

Odd that I never mentioned Trump yet you think I'm trying to blame him.
It's always amusing when cons project their crap onto others.
The only one bitching here is you.

Re: May not have been eligible.
Even if true, which is doubtful, the operative word is "may"
Re: paid a dead person healthcare.
Just another RW bullshit story.
For people who constantly whine about fake news you eat bullshit like it was candy and you like the taste so much you can't wait to share it with your friends.

@2826447

The only one complaining is you.

Anonymous