0

TOO Much "Sensitivity", or a Reasonable Decision?

Personally, I suspect it was more than Kelly questioning why "blackface" is "racist that led to her being let go from her lucrative job on NBC. IF that was the reason though, I'm curious about what others think about that.

Megyn Kelly will not return to 'Today'The announcement comes as Kelly is in talks with NBC News about her future at the network, which sources said were likely to include her leaving the company.https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/megyn-kelly-will-not-return-today-n924911
50%Yes50%No
Piper2s avatar Life
3 35
@2824757

I do believe there are many people alive, who could be "duly" offended by blackface. Although I think Kelly's questioning of WHY in that forum was rather foolish, I also think her doing so was a poor excuse for NBC to use to can her and the show.

@2825200

I am a little curious, as to why you think she is a "troublemaker".

I don't know much about her, but I didn't take offense by what she said, and it certainly didn't merit her being fired.

How are her ratings? I know a lot of other people in the news division were upset with her salary. NBC may just be looking for an excuse to get rid of her.

@2824784

Religious?!
Please explain.

@2825357

I suppose in your clumsy way, you are trying to say that religion is stupid.

@2825798

Demonic possession and possession of property are two different things.
I suspect (I hope) that you already knew that and are simply trying to frustrate me to a point that I don't reply anymore.

If you want to take another stab at explaining yourself - I play another round.

The question you posed isn't a yes or no question. Also she doesn't deserve to be on the air.

@Skr3wBall The question you posed isn't a yes or no question. Also she doesn't deserve to be on the air.

It probably is not a yes or no question, for many people. This is my first time submitting a post in this newish format, and I did almost opt for no voting options...as I so often have.
I'm a little curious though, as to why you don't think she "deserves" to be on the air.

@Piper2 It probably is not a yes or no question, for many people. This is my first time submitting a post in this newish...

She holds a position of great influence on mainstream television. To argue on the side of blackface on television like that is extremely irresponsible and ignorant and no person should hold her position and say something like that. If she had said that to her peers behind closed doors and educated herself on the subject prior to going on television, that'd be fine, but instead she undermined black people's identities to defend a halloween costume on television.

@Skr3wBall She holds a position of great influence on mainstream television. To argue on the side of blackface on television...

I think it was more her just wondering out loud just why it is considered "racist" or offensive, since it was was supposedly okay when she was a kid.

@Piper2 I think it was more her just wondering out loud just why it is considered "racist" or offensive, since it was was...

1. Asking that question on television? Bad move.
2. Asking that question to 3 other white people? Bad move.

I am not a fan of Kelly.
I think she got dumped as soon as the network saw an opportunity.
The network used a lame PC excuse.
Again, I'm no Kelly fan, but she didn't say anything wrong.

@2832951

There are times I see both or all sides of things, and cannot jump on any bandwagon to "condemn". I understand that that bothers you, and others. I figure I made my thoughts about this particular thing fairly clear, in some of my comments. Really though...I was more interested in what my fellow humans thought about the subject of my post.

@2832953

You did not do that, though. Everyone human is a fellow human, of course.

Never knew that show existed, feels good when I can say that.

For political correctness and people that chose to be offended by her statement, its good she got fired.

Is she really affected by it?....
I'm sure she can quickly look at her bank statement and move on quite easily.

More media soap opera..

@2824758

Yea, I imagine she's not offended, so much.

@2824763

No doubt...lol

@DandyDon Never knew that show existed, feels good when I can say that. For political correctness and people that chose to...

I've never watched the show, either. I just heard about this a few times, being one who is not ashamed or embarrassed to admit that I actually do watch TV fairly often.

It has bugged me several times, how people just questioning or expressing honestly how they feel about certain issues are attacked as "racist" by some.

I figure she will move on and be okay, but that is not really what spurred my submitting this post. She might not be so "okay" in her chosen profession anymore, though.

@Piper2 I've never watched the show, either. I just heard about this a few times, being one who is not ashamed or...

I only know about it, besides reading that article...by hearing a couple of minutes about it, while I was listening to sports at work.

It's just getting ridiculous...pretty soon, if you don't put butter on your toast a certain way, you could be considered a racist..

I only brought up her being okay because I heard she's already made millions.