0

Can one cup of TEA cause a 3 day headache?

I blended two teabags into a coffee mug. One was a regular bag of Tetley regular black tea. The other was a bag of green tea. I did this because I don't like the flavor of green tea, but it's good for you. The result was a strong, but enjoyable cup of tea. No sugar, no milk. Next day, I developed a severe headache that lasted for 3 days. Could the tea have caused such a severe headache? Has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Image for post Can one cup of TEA cause a 3 day headache?
50%Yes50%No
SWTC66s avatar Life
2 10

In certain people, tea can trigger headaches, or even severe migraine attacks. cry smilie
(For others, it actually helps soothe migraines.)

I would think not

I had a very intense headache, in my case - I really do mean intense, which started after drinking a mug of strong tea. Never had tried the blend before, so I had no idea how strong it was, put five bags (those are pretty large bags, by the way) in a kettle and just thought... "Okay, it's regular strong." It was nothing but that. The amount of caffeine just kicked like a mule, instant headache, could not really sleep the next night and this was just two days/nights ago.

@ZonkeyBalls I had a very intense headache, in my case - I really do mean intense, which started after drinking a mug of...

I think that's what happened to me. Two teabags in an 8 ounce coffee cup is a strong cup of tea, and I let it set for a good 20 minutes. lol

Caffeine is suppose to help with headaches.

@dru18 Caffeine is suppose to help with headaches.

Caffeine is weird in the sense, that if you get used to it, the lack of caffeine causes headaches. Then again, if you aren't a frequent user, a massive dose of caffeine at once causes a massive headache as well. Funny stuff.

According to someone, it does.

Correction , it was Salada, not Tetley. biggrin smilie