+4

Whose Sorry Now?
https://youtu.be/5Ws60MDF7OY?t=7
There wasn't a blue wave, there was a Blue Tsunami! Dems captured more seats than expected in The House. The Senate map did not favor the Democrats this year so the Republicans will still retain it. But look how close we got in places like Texas. Texas may not be quite blue yet, but it sure is a pretty shade of mauve. Trump is having a meltdown in front of the press today as he tries to lie in answer to their questions. He's not a happy camper. Finally, a check on this asshole.

CONNIE FRANCIS: WHO'S SORRY NOW? (1958) - LIVE TV - YouTube https://youtu.be/5Ws60MDF7OY?t=7
dru18s avatar Politics
1 336
The voters have decided that dru18 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It wasn't a blowout victory for the Republicans, but they did better than average, and vastly outperformed Obama's first midterm result. Now the Dems have to choose between focusing on business or attacking Trump. If they want to get any legislation passed, it will have to be crafted to get GOP support, which will do little to rally support from their base, and if they spend the next 2 years trying to disrupt and obstruct, generally being idiots, it will hurt their credibility in 2020.

Overall I think it would have been better for the Dems chances in 2020 if they had remained out of power, because then they would be outsiders. As it is, people will hold them partly responsible if things go badly, and Trump will still look good if things go well.

@Maze It wasn't a blowout victory for the Republicans, but they did better than average, and vastly outperformed Obama's...

I believe that the Democrats can do both, go after Trump and get legislation passed.

Umm. the exit polls on Trump don't share your beliefs. Most of the people who were asked think this country is going in the wrong direction, about 68%. And many don't like the way Trump has been handling things.

You won the Senate because the map was in your favor. Savor it, because you won't get that chance again.

@2828259

Outstanding challenge!

@dru18 I believe that the Democrats can do both, go after Trump and get legislation passed. Umm. the exit polls on Trump...

53% actually, according to Rasmussen. It was in the mid 60s to low 70s throughout most of the Obama years. http://www.rasmussenreports.com...ng_track_nov05

The Dems won't get cooperation from the GOP if they're attacking the president. And if they don't have that, the only thing they'll be passing is gas.

@Maze 53% actually, according to Rasmussen. It was in the mid 60s to low 70s throughout most of the Obama years...

Liberals have a penchant for throwing out 'facts' that aren't factual at all, but rather simply indicative of their visceral hatred for Trump.

And why do they hate Trump so much?  Because he bluntly says many true things about liberals and the corrupt liberal media that should have been said ages ago.

@Thinkerbell Liberals have a penchant for throwing out 'facts' that aren't factual at all, but rather simply indicative of their...

I don't think it's really accurate to call the modern left liberal. I'm a liberal, they're basically communists, which is why they're so prone to lying. I can't say precisely why communists lie so much, but history shows that truth is something communists cannot stand.

"In our country (USSR) the lie has become not just a moral category but a pillar of the State." -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

@Maze I don't think it's really accurate to call the modern left liberal. I'm a liberal, they're basically communists...

I would say you are a liberal in the original sense of the word, not the contemporary one which I was using.

Communists lie a lot because their whole system is based on false premises, that can only be maintained by lies, and ultimately force (if communists take power), until finally enough people see the emperor has no clothes... then the collapse comes.

Contemporary liberals, or better, progressives, with their political correctness, impractical if not destructive economic ideas, lie for very much the same reasons as the communists.

"Tsunami"? I wish I could share your optimism. It is definitely a very big deal that Democrats gained the majority in the House. It is promising that some of the races Democrats lost, were by such a thin margin.
The election results in my own state were worse than even projected or expected, but there are still many reasons for feeling hopeful I think, all in all. :)

@Piper2 "Tsunami"? I wish I could share your optimism. It is definitely a very big deal that Democrats gained the...

My senator lost her seat too, which is a bummer. And I agree with you that the projections have been way off, she was supposedly running neck to neck with her opponent. But I am very optimistic in the way that Texas performed last night.

@2829171

Nope, she didn't win Missouri,but it sure looks like a Dem won Arizona. And what about that Florida? I imagine Trump is shitting his fruit of the looms right about now.

@dru18 Nope, she didn't win Missouri,but it sure looks like a Dem won Arizona. And what about that Florida? I imagine...

Yeah, what about that Florida, palepuss?
Both the governor and the senate election went republican, despite Broward Dems best efforts to change those results.

And the chief incompetent is going to resign.  hehe smilie
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11...s-resigns.html

Soon to be followed, I suspect, by that idiot of a Democrat sheriff they have in Broward, come the next election, or maybe even sooner... hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Yeah, what about that Florida, palepuss? Both the governor and the senate election went republican, despite Broward...

Lookie who has been watching the news. Took you long enough for that comeback didn't it? You were sweating bullets.

@dru18 Lookie who has been watching the news. Took you long enough for that comeback didn't it? You were sweating bullets.

That's because I don't shoot my mouth off like you do, pompously making predictions before the results are in. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell That's because I don't shoot my mouth off like you do, pompously making predictions before the results are in...

I predicted nothing from that state, just kept saying "Look at Florida"

I knew once we didn't make the deadline that Florida would not be turning blue.

That was four days ago, What took you so long?

@dru18 I predicted nothing from that state, just kept saying "Look at Florida" I knew once we didn't make the deadline...

Not a prediction, eh? hehe smilie
"Nope, she didn't win Missouri,but it sure looks like a Dem won Arizona. And what about that Florida? I imagine Trump is shitting his fruit of the looms right about now."
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2829473

"What took [me] so long?" The recounts weren't over and the concessions weren't made until the day before my comment, not "four days ago."
https://www.wcjb.com/content/ne...500782172.html
Oh, wait... that must have been another one of your predictions, four days before the fact, that Florida wasn't going to go blue. You were strangely quiet about that one though, if you "knew" it that early. hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Not a prediction, eh? "Nope, she didn't win Missouri,but it sure looks like a Dem won Arizona. And what...

You just made a fool of yourself. Did I put the word 'win' in the sentence about Florida?

I did know it early. The machine recounts weren't in on time. Everyone knew what that meant, except you.

@dru18 You just made a fool of yourself. Did I put the word 'win' in the sentence about Florida? I did know it early...

What you "knew" was wrong, as usual. The senate race had to be recounted once again by hand AFTER the machine recounts because the margin was so thin.

@Thinkerbell What you "knew" was wrong, as usual. The senate race had to be recounted once again by hand AFTER the machine...

No, sadly, you are wrong.

The hand recounts are aimed at only a very small portion of the votes. Mostly to see if signatures match.

The end of any kind of changed happened when they didn't get the machine recount in on time.

@dru18 No, sadly, you are wrong. The hand recounts are aimed at only a very small portion of the votes. Mostly to see if...

You're wrong yet again, palepuss... they hoped to 'find' enough votes to turn the tide in the Senate race.

@dru18 Not with the hand recounts, they didn't. Nobody thought that, except perhaps you.

You botched it again, palepuss... you have a real talent for that, if nothing else.  It wasn't just about matching signatures.

"FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Volunteers gathered around folding tables Friday to begin a painstaking hand recount in Florida’s acrimonious U.S. Senate contest, with a goal of determining the intent of about 93,000 voters whose ballots for Republican Gov. Rick Scott or Democratic Sen. Bill Nelson could not be counted by machine."

"State officials testified that nearly 4,000 mail-in ballots were set aside because local officials decided the signatures on the envelopes did not match the signatures on file."
https://www.apnews.com/797e56eb...cbebfcf9370797

Looking for 13,000 votes (which is what Nelson needed) was not at all impossible, when there were 93,000 votes which needed to have their intent "determined".  But as usual, you got it wrong, thinking it was only the signature matching. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell You botched it again, palepuss... you have a real talent for that, if nothing else.  It wasn't just about...

They counted only the votes due to issues with signature or intent.

I know you must not have thought they counted every single vote cast in that state. Because that would make you kind of stupid. smirk2 smilie

@dru18 They counted only the votes due to issues with signature or intent. I know you must not have thought they counted...

I notice that you hastily slipped in the word "intent" when you realized from the article I posted that there were 93,000 ballots of that kind, far more than the 4,000 ballots with signature issues that you thought represented "most" of the ones that had to be recounted by hand.
You fumbled it again, palepuss.  hehe smilie
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2832946

@dru18 My senator lost her seat too, which is a bummer. And I agree with you that the projections have been way off, she...

If you're talking about McCaskill, only the welfare types in St. Louis and Kansas City, and the nutcases in Columbia (U. of Missouri) gave her a majority in the voting.

@Thinkerbell If you're talking about McCaskill, only the welfare types in St. Louis and Kansas City, and the nutcases in...

I don't live in the city and I am not on welfare, so there goes your racist stereotype, right down the drain.

@dru18 I don't live in the city and I am not on welfare, so there goes your racist stereotype, right down the drain.

In that case, it's too bad the good sense of your neighbors didn't rub off on you. hehe smilie

Waddamean, 'racist'? There are more white people on welfare than black people!  YOU'RE the racist for having forgotten that!

@Thinkerbell In that case, it's too bad the good sense of your neighbors didn't rub off on you.    Waddamean, 'racist'?...

Nice try at a save.

You were trying to sneak in a dog whistle, only to have it backfire and the dogs turn on you.

@Thinkerbell You're the one scrambling for a save, palepuss.

No, you trotted out the stale racists stereotype, and fell on your ass.

@dru18 No, you trotted out the stale racists stereotype, and fell on your ass.

You're the one who stereotypically assumed most welfare recipients were black, not I.
Hoist by your own petard, palepuss. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell You're the one who stereotypically assumed most welfare recipients were black, not I. Hoist by your own petard...

Nice twist of words. You stated three cities in my state that are predominately black. And then you went on to add the welfare crap.

You have been called out, I suggest you take it graciously.

@dru18 Nice twist of words. You stated three cities in my state that are predominately black. And then you went on to add...

You had better study up on the demographics of the cities in your own state; you're wrong, as usual.

Kansas City, MO: 59.2% White, 29.9% Black, 10.0% Hispanic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K...i#Demographics

Columbia, MO: 81.5% White, 10.9% Black, 3.4% Hispanic, 5.2% Asian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C...i#Demographics

St. Louis, MO: 43.9% White, 49.2% Black, 3.5% Hispanic, 2.9% Asian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S...s#Demographics

Hey, you got 1 out of 3 right (barely), MUCH better than what you usually manage to scrape together with the unsourced BS you make up as you flounder along. biggrin smilie

@dru18 Please don't try to wiggle out of your racist remark, its undignified. .

You were the one who jumped to racist conclusions, when you didn't know the demographics of the cities of your own state. Keep on squirming, palepuss. Your jump didn't work, as usual.  hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell You were the one who jumped to racist conclusions, when you didn't know the demographics of the cities of your...

It was a racist remark. And now you are trying to save face.
"If you're talking about McCaskill, only the welfare types in St. Louis and Kansas City, and the nutcases in Columbia (U. of Missouri) gave her a majority in the voting."

@dru18 It was a racist remark. And now you are trying to save face. "If you're talking about McCaskill, only the welfare...

Yes, and for those three cities, the total white population is about 500,000 and the total black population is about 300,000, yet you jumped to the conclusion that there were more black welfare cases than white.
Jump again, puss. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Yes, and for those three cities, the total white population is about 500,000 and the total black population is...

Thickheadbell, you included St. Louis which has a black population that is larger than the white one is. And you included another city that has a very large black population. You proceeded to say that these cities were welfare cities.

You ought to be ashamed at yourself.

You not only stumbled, fairy, but you refuse to own it.

@dru18 Thickheadbell, you included St. Louis which has a black population that is larger than the white one is. And you...

Yep, St. Louis has slightly more blacks than whites, by 5.3 percentage points, and Kansas City doesn't even come close to having a black plurality... almost 30 percentage points more whites than blacks in KC. And of course you had nothing to say about the totality of the three cities which went for McCaskill, except to show that you can't do math, among all your other failings. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Yep, St. Louis has slightly more blacks than whites, by 5.3 percentage points, and Kansas City doesn't even come...

St. Louis has a large population of blacks and has always had racial tensions between blacks and whites. Your racist remark is not helping the situation.

Kansas City also boast a large population of blacks.

Your remark was clearly directed at St. Louis without even taking into consideration the number of welfare recipients who live in the rural whiter area of Trump country.

Once again you are proving your ignorance of Missouri. I would suggest in the future, that you speak what you know.

@dru18 St. Louis has a large population of blacks and has always had racial tensions between blacks and whites. Your...

However little I may know about Missouri, you have amply proved that you know even less, including especially that you can't do simple arithmetic.
hehe smilie hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell However little I may know about Missouri, you have amply proved that you know even less, including especially that...

There is absolutely nothing "simple" when it comes to that racist remark of yours. Now the least you can do is own it.

@dru18 There is absolutely nothing "simple" when it comes to that racist remark of yours. Now the least you can do is own it.

Once again, palepuss, it was YOU who made the racist assumption that in those three blue cities, where in total, whites outnumber blacks by about 500,000 to 300,000, that more blacks are on welfare than whites.

Once again, in case you didn't get it the first 5 times: you didn't know the population demographics, you couldn't do simple arithmetic, and so you fell back on the "racist" party line, in a frantic attempt to cover up your abject ignorance. hehe smilie hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Once again, palepuss, it was YOU who made the racist assumption that in those three blue cities, where in...

You stated that ST. Louis was a welfare city and since it is predominantly black your remark was stereotypical racist. If you were so concern about welfare in my state you would have listed the rural areas as well.

You made a tasteless racist remark and aren't even mature enough to own it.

@dru18 You stated that ST. Louis was a welfare city and since it is predominantly black your remark was stereotypical...

St. Louis has only about 5% more blacks than whites, while KC has 30% more whites than blacks, and KC has a much larger population than SL to boot.

You are simply trying to cover up your ignorance of elementary arithmetic and ignorance of your own state's demographics.

I don't blame you, though... your libby friends would disown you if word ever got out about your racist assumptions...
Don't worry, I won't tell them.   hehe smilie hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell St. Louis has only about 5% more blacks than whites, while KC has 30% more whites than blacks, and KC has a...

Five % or 1 %, St. Louis's majority is black. And you added it to your list when you spoke of welfare people voting for the Democrat.

And you called the folks in Columbia, nutty. Why? Because Columbia boast three very large colleges, one university that has the best journalism program in the country? Are you saying that educated people, are nutty? Do you have something against people who try to better themselves through education? Hmmmm....interesting.

You never spoke of people who are on welfare that live in the rural areas and were more prone to vote for Trump. You didn't add them to the list of welfare recipients. Why is that? Hmmm.... could it be that those very same people don't match your welfare stereotypes?

Please stop trying to wiggle out of your racist comment by pointing the finger at me. You said it, now own it.

@dru18 Five % or 1 %, St. Louis's majority is black. And you added it to your list when you spoke of welfare people...

The political nuttiness of academic types is a well-known phenomenon. Colleges teem with tenured, high-IQ fools who never have had to deal with the real world.

And for the sixth time, palepuss, the topic was BLUE-voting cities in MO... it was YOUR racist assumption that most of the welfare types in them were black, squirm as you might. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell The political nuttiness of academic types is a well-known phenomenon. Colleges teem with tenured, high-IQ fools who...

"Never had to deal with the real world" Really, desperate fairy? My father served four years as a Marine during combat before he went on to earn his degree.

No, that wasn't the topic, until you made it the topic. How does that foot of yours feel in your mouth?

@dru18 "Never had to deal with the real world" Really, desperate fairy? My father served four years as a Marine during...

Irrelevant and immaterial, palepuss, as usual.
Did your father become a tenured faculty member?

The topic was McCaskill losing, and I explained why she lost: she only carried the three cities I mentioned, as the map shows.
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2828528

@Thinkerbell Irrelevant and immaterial, palepuss, as usual. Did your father become a tenured faculty member?   The topic was...

You brought it up, and I am just correcting your ignorance, as usual.

Yes, you said St. Louis was a welfare city and I called you out for that racist remark. Thanks for reminding me.

@dru18 You brought it up, and I am just correcting your ignorance, as usual. Yes, you said St. Louis was a welfare city...

You are conveniently forgetting KC, which is a larger city than St. Louis, and in which whites outnumber blacks by 30%. How racist of you!

And was your father a faculty member of one of those august centers of higher education in Columbia?

Crickets in KC.
Crickets in Columbia.
biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You are conveniently forgetting KC, which is a larger city than St. Louis, and in which whites outnumber blacks...

But YOU mentioned St. Louis which has a black majority. Why mention a city which has a black majority and add welfare to it, if not trying to be racist?

Once again trying to spin things around. You said Columbia "nutcases(U of Missouri) and said nothing about it being faculty.

Your attempt at cleanup on aisle six is failing.

@dru18 But YOU mentioned St. Louis which has a black majority. Why mention a city which has a black majority and add...

So what if I mentioned one city with a (slight) black majority? I also mentioned a larger one with a large WHITE majority in the same breath and characterized BOTH of them as Democrat welfare cities. Nothing racist about it, except your racist assumption about blacks. hehe smilie

I said "Colleges teem with tenured, high-IQ fools who never have had to deal with the real world." Who else besides faculty is tenured? Some students, maybe? You just proved that you can't read with comprehension... again. biggrin smilie
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2830819

@Thinkerbell So what if I mentioned one city with a (slight) black majority? I also mentioned a larger one with a large...

No, fairy gnat, you said TWO of the cities were welfare cities and one was nutty.

You picked St. Louis which has a long violent history of racial injustice done to the black population of that city.

Next time I suggest you learn a little history before shooting off your mouth, and fingers.

Now I forgive you, just don't let it happen again. I hope you learned a lesson here.

@dru18 No, fairy gnat, you said TWO of the cities were welfare cities and one was nutty. You picked St. Louis which has...

Your reading comprehension has failed yet again, palepuss.
I said,
"So what if I mentioned one city with a (slight) black majority? I also mentioned a larger one with a large WHITE majority in the same breath and characterized BOTH of them as Democrat welfare cities. Nothing racist about it, except your racist assumption about blacks."
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2831407

"BOTH," get it? That means TWO, one (SL) with a small black majority, the other (KC) with a large white majority, and I "picked" them because they BOTH gave McCaskill a majority vote because they are BOTH Democrat welfare cities, your racist assumptions and other blathering notwithstanding.
The third and last remaining city that voted for McCaskill (Columbia) gave her a majority vote because of the Democrat nutcases there. hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Your reading comprehension has failed yet again, palepuss. I said, "So what if I mentioned one city with a...

If you didn't want the comment to be construed as racist garbage you should not have mentioned St. Louis as being a welfare city.

If you truly wanted it to be about welfare, you would have included the rural areas. But you wanted it to be about race.

Most cities have a good number of minorities living in it, and since you concentrated on the cities, that makes your comment racist.

This is not brain surgery, desperate gnat fairy.

@dru18 If you didn't want the comment to be construed as racist garbage you should not have mentioned St. Louis as being a...

For the 8th time, the topic was the three cities McCaskill carried in her failed re-election bid.

Two welfare cities, one with a slight black majority, a bigger one with a large WHITE majority, and a university town full of nutty liberals. biggrin smilie
Race had nothing to do with it, except in your dim liberal mind, which plays the race card when it has no logic going for it.  hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell For the 8th time, the topic was the three cities McCaskill carried in her failed re-election bid.   Two welfare...

As I have stated for the EIGTH TIME, you chose St. Louis as one of the cities, citing that it was a welfare city.

You had no more idea of who was in the majority of either city when you first made that racist comment.

And now you are trying desperately to back peddle.

You are so wrong with playing the race card. The rural areas have far more food stamps and are recipients of welfare than the two cities combined.

@dru18 As I have stated for the EIGTH TIME, you chose St. Louis as one of the cities, citing that it was a welfare city...

Baloney.  It was you who had no idea of the demographics of your own state, hence your desperate 'racism' tirades. hehe smilie

And yes, there are about 10 Missouri counties in the south (see map below) where the welfare rate approaches that of big cities, but at 10 or 20 thousand population each, taken all together, they don't match the population even of St. Louis alone.
And of course McCaskill knew where her base was, but stupidly wrote off the "bootheel".  That was her Hillary-like "deplorables" moment:
"I mean, St. Louis County, if we do our job in St. Louis County, you know, I can give up a few votes in the bootheel. Right? I don’t want to give up any votes. I’ve worked for every single one of them, but turning out this area is so important and that people-to-people contact makes it work,"
https://www.washingtonexaminer....missouri-gaffe
So try again, palepuss, after you wipe the egg off your face, that is.
But cheer up... your egg is not quite as bad as McCaskill's. hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Baloney.  It was you who had no idea of the demographics of your own state, hence your desperate 'racism'...

You don't know Missouri or McCaskill. I actually knew her and covered her for my paper, there was no one who campaigned in rural areas more than McCaskill. This was a woman who put herself through law school by waitressing.

They don't match the population of St. Louis? We weren't taking about population sizes! Focus, little grasshopper.

@dru18 You don't know Missouri or McCaskill. I actually knew her and covered her for my paper, there was no one who...

However little I may know about Missouri, I'm giving you lessons in Missouri demographics and geography, topics about which you have amply proved to be woefully ignorant.

And OF COURSE we were talking about population sizes, direct from your flapping lips: "The rural areas have far more food stamps and are recipients of welfare than the two cities combined."
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2832947

And OF COURSE McCaskill dissed the 'bootheel' rural voters, your fawning McCaskill reminiscences notwithstanding. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell However little I may know about Missouri, I'm giving you lessons in Missouri demographics and geography, topics...

No, she didn't. Show me where she dissed them? She always campaigned over the WHOLE state.

I was talking about people on welfare, not comparing the population of either. Oy,

@dru18 No, she didn't. Show me where she dissed them? She always campaigned over the WHOLE state. I was talking about...

I already showed you where she dissed them, but of course you can't keep a thought in your head from one day to the next. hehe smilie

"I mean, St. Louis County, if we do our job in St. Louis County, you know, I can give up a few votes in the bootheel. Right? "
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2833158

"More" means you were trying to compare numbers in the populations, but of course we established long ago that you can't do arithmetic.

@dru18 And that's DISSING them?! LMAO!! 'Welfare Recipients comparison', doomed fairy!

Of course it's dissing them.  She's saying let's get our votes in St. Louis County and who cares about those bootheelers.

And you of course try to laugh off your oft-proved, woeful ignorance of demographics, populations and simple arithmetic.  Won't work, palepuss; you fail on all three counts, not that you can count that high.  hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Of course it's dissing them.  She's saying let's get our votes in St. Louis County and who cares about those...

Okay, let's make it easy for you. I was referring to welfare recipients, not the actual population.

And,......as I earlier stated, the people in the rural areas getting welfare far outnumber the people all three cities combined.

Do you understand, or should I only read to you from books that have pictures?Image in content

@dru18 Okay, let's make it easy for you. I was referring to welfare recipients, not the actual population. And,......as...

OF COURSE there are more welfare recipients in the state at large than there are in those three cities, but the point you totally missed (unsurprisingly) is that it makes NO SENSE to compare the many counties in which the welfare rate might be only 5 or 10% to cities in which it is 25 or 30%.  For that reason, I showed you where on the map the counties with COMPARABLE welfare rates to the cities are located, and that the total welfare population in THOSE counties does NOT exceed the welfare population of the cities.  APPLES TO APPLES, get it?  No, of course you don't. hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie
P.S. Those high-welfare bootheel counties are the very ones McCaskill dissed. hehe smilie

@2828210

Maybe, and then again, maybe not. He has a very high disapproval rating and the fact that 68% of the country thinks we are heading in the wrong direction is not doing him any favors.

@dru18 Maybe, and then again, maybe not. He has a very high disapproval rating and the fact that 68% of the country thinks...

Whose poll is that?  A poll among CNN employees?  No recent poll is anywhere close to the number you're citing. You have to go back to the Obama administration to see "wrong direction" numbers that high. hehe smilie
https://www.realclearpolitics.c...902.html#polls

@Thinkerbell Whose poll is that?  A poll among CNN employees?  No recent poll is anywhere close to the number you're citing...

No, it was reported on Tuesday night from the exit polls. If Trump was so highly thought of , his party would have taken The House, but alas, it didn't happen.

@dru18 No, it was reported on Tuesday night from the exit polls. If Trump was so highly thought of , his party would have...

It was reported where? On MSNBC?  And where was the poll taken?  In Manhattan?  And why don't you give a link to this "exit poll"?  hehe smilie

So by your argument, Obama and Clinton must have been less well-thought of than Trump, since they lost the House by much bigger margins than Trump did. biggrin smilie

@2828264

I don't think so, John. He has alienated a lot of people. He had two years to unite us and he squandered it.

@dru18 Good bye, John. Make sure you write.

Only progressive sleazeballs delight in the demise of others.
You are a sad, small minded person - without any skill in predicting the future what ever.

That reminds me...
How's your long-lost (since Nov 8, 2016) bosom pal doing, dru? Has he written you lately? I'm sure he misses you. hehe smilie

@dru18 Actually, he has.

It figures... you and LittleMrSunshine have much in common.
A match made in heaven.   hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell It figures... you and LittleMrSunshine have much in common. A match made in heaven.  

Just the other day he was asking if that thick headed, trouble stirring, totally inept, Thinkerbell was still on Amirite.

@dru18 Just the other day he was asking if that thick headed, trouble stirring, totally inept, Thinkerbell was still on...

You mean he couldn't check for himself?
Oh, wait... of course not. He hasn't figured out how to use the new Amirite format. It'll be at least a few months yet.  biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You mean he couldn't check for himself? Oh, wait... of course not. He hasn't figured out how to use the new Amirite...

See you are desperately trying to find 'your group' over on the other site. Good luck with that one. LOL! Too many intelligent Dems will eat you alive over there.

He checked, and then went into a state of depression.

@dru18 See you are desperately trying to find 'your group' over on the other site. Good luck with that one. LOL! Too many...

'Intelligent Democrat' is an oxymoron of the first order, much like saying an 'intelligent dodo'.

But maybe I should check on the other site to see if perhaps there may be any over there.
There sure aren't any here. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell 'Intelligent Democrat' is an oxymoron of the first order, much like saying an 'intelligent dodo'.    But maybe I...

You might have overlooked the slaying that you are receiving from me. Having somebody pointing out your intellectual shortcomings is always hard. Can you tell us how it feels?

@Thinkerbell "Slaying"? Only in your deranged imagination, palepuss.

So your social media failure feels like a cat playing with a ribbon? Interesting.

@dru18 So your social media failure feels like a cat playing with a ribbon? Interesting.

We all know who the cat is, puss.
By your own admission, I'm the brunette fairy. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell We all know who the cat is, puss. By your own admission, I'm the brunette fairy...

And if I saw right, apparently you are not the only brunette fairy. Although the other one is a Democrat.

But in direct response to my question of how you were feeling after your social media slaying, you posted a cat playing with a ribbon. Once again: interesting.

@dru18 And if I saw right, apparently you are not the only brunette fairy. Although the other one is a Democrat. But in...

I said your claim of "slaying" was only in your deranged imagination, so the premise of your question was wrong, as usual.

The gif was a metaphor for your hapless feline floundering. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell I said your claim of "slaying" was only in your deranged imagination, so the premise of your question was wrong, as...

But it came right after my assertion that you are taking a social media beating. How did that happen?

@dru18 But it came right after my assertion that you are taking a social media beating. How did that happen?

Your assertion was patently false, as I have already demonstrated, your feline floundering notwithstanding. hehe smilie

@dru18 My assertion is correct on this site and on the other one....."devil by night"

Who or what is "devil by night"? If you're trying to say it's my user name on the other site, you're dead wrong, as usual... I'm not a member on the other site. Try again, floundering palepuss. hehe smilie

@dru18 "The Other Tinkerbell or Tink" is not your username?

"TheOtherTink" is my user name on one other site, not "devil by night". And the other "other site" to which there have been many references here is SW, which I have not joined.

@dru18 Hmmmmm.......

Ponder away, puss. Try not to strain yourself. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Ponder away, puss. Try not to strain yourself.

I am not straining to figure that one out. Your transparency has made it all to easy. If it looks, sounds, and smells, like a Thinkerbell, it must be a Thinkerbell.

@dru18 I am not straining to figure that one out. Your transparency has made it all to easy. If it looks, sounds, and...

As I told you, palepuss, I am active only on two sites, under the user names I have already mentioned.

If you believe there is a third Thinkerbell, then it is an imposter.
And I'd be willing to bet the imposter can't compose a proper limerick, just as you couldn't, when you tried. hehe smilie

@2828377

We don't have hate for Republicans. I strongly disagreed with Reagan, Bush Sr. and his son, but I didn't hate them.

You get the hate you give, and Trump has been giving hate since day one.

@2828640

Left alone by the press?! Sorry to tell you this, John, but it comes with the job. ALL presidents have disliked the press. Rather and Nixon clashed. Donaldson and Reagan, Thomas and Bush, etc.... but all of those presidents never attacked the press relentlessly and called them the enemy of the people.

If Trump can't stand the heat, than he needs to step out of the kitchen.

@2828893

You keep repeating yourself with the stale; "This is coming from someone who said Trump would never win the presidency then when he did"

Learn to read the response, John, and stick with the issue instead of repeating dinosaur crap that has no bearing on what is being discussed.

There is no proof that Trump is going to win anything except for maybe a stint in federal prison.

YOU have called me stupid, a liar, lying whore, etc... and you think you have been respectful to me? Who are you trying to fool?

@2828904

YOU are the one who attacks first! And yes, I find myself going down to your stupid level and acting just as hateful.

Every time I try to debate politics with you, that is when the insults start. You start whining and saying "Don't talk to me!!" even though you are responding to a post that I put up.

YOU are on my post, if you don't want me to reply to you, than stop commenting on MY post.

....last chance.....? Are you going to tell Anthony of how mean we are to you and then block me? Go ahead, cry baby.

@2828919

It is a public post, but it is still MY post, not yours, not Starz, not Thinkerbell, etc.... but MINE.

And here we go again with the personal insults. A person simply can't debate with you.... ever! Because you usually have no in depth knowledge of American politics, and whenever you feel cornered, the insults start flying. You could never agree, or graciously bow out.

@2829064

bingo, I wish your post was open. I would post something about J that would curl your hair. He's a perv alright.

@2828377

The blind rage of progressives against Trump (as exemplified by the present OP) is because he, despite the frequent crudeness of his style, exposes them for what they clearly are— lying (or at best, ignorant) ideologues.

@2828516

The recovery started under Obama, not Trump. I love the way you give credit to Trump for NOT screwing up what Obama had started.

@2828638

Slowest recovery since the Great Depression, in spite of all the money Obama threw at it. shh smilie

@Thinkerbell Slowest recovery since the Great Depression, in spite of all the money Obama threw at it.

He did not throw a lot of money at it. He wanted a much bigger stimulus bill passed, but Congress would only approve so much. As it was he rescued two of the major automakers and got us on the path to recovery.

@Thinkerbell The Democrat Congress, as I recall.

I know.

"Given the reality of lasting Republican opposition - and Obama's vow to end the bitter partisanship of the Bush years - Democratic leaders were reluctant to claim unilateral power over the nation's future. "This is a mandate to get along, to get something done ... this is not a mandate for a political party or an ideology," the Senate Democratic leader, Harry Reid, said on election night."

A concept that falls today on deaf Republican ears.

@dru18 I know. "Given the reality of lasting Republican opposition - and Obama's vow to end the bitter partisanship of...

LOL!
And then the "get along" Democrats steamrollered Obamacare. biggrin smilie
But paid a BIG price in the next election.

@dru18 Barely. Pelosi is the one credited for getting all of the votes.

Yeah, and in the Senate, they had to buy Sen. Landrieu with the 'Louisiana Purchase' to get her vote for Obamacare.
She got voted out in her next election. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Yeah, and in the Senate, they had to buy Sen. Landrieu with the 'Louisiana Purchase' to get her vote for...

So? That comes with the job. Just like many of your fellow 'tax break Trump lovers' got voted out of theirs.

@dru18 So? That comes with the job. Just like many of your fellow 'tax break Trump lovers' got voted out of theirs.

So name a Republican Senator that got voted out because of a special deal (s)he made regarding the tax cuts.

@Thinkerbell So name a Republican Senator that got voted out because of a special deal (s)he made regarding the tax cuts.

I am talking about your little House buddies. As I recall, I do believe The House has a role in approving those tax cuts.

And you forgot the "trump lovers" part. And knowing you for the word Nazi that you are, I know you appreciate me reminding you.

@dru18 I am talking about your little House buddies. As I recall, I do believe The House has a role in approving those tax...

And I was referring to Landrieu, before you lost the thread (as usual).
But ok, have it your illogical way: name a Republican House member that got voted out because of a special deal (s)he made regarding the tax cut, "Trump lover" or not. biggrin smilie

@2828516

Very much like the OP characterized Trump's loss of the House (by a less than average margin) as a "Blue Tsunami", when Bill Clinton and Obama each lost twice as many House seats, or more. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Very much like the OP characterized Trump's loss of the House (by a less than average margin) as a "Blue Tsunami"...

It was predicted that the Democrats would pick up between 27-28 house seats. They are now looking to pick up as many as forty.

@Thinkerbell On the list. heheheheheheheh....

The "prediction" is already happening.

@dru18 The "prediction" is already happening.

Sure, and the Broward and Palm Beach County crooks are still looking for more ballots to 'find'. hehe smilie

@dru18 Arizona went blue! Now what about that Florida?

Whatever may happen with the Broward crooks in Florida, the Republicans will have at least a 52 seat majority in the Senate, gaining at least 1, as compared with Obama in 2010, who lost 6 Senate seats, to go with the 63 House seats he lost in that year. And you're celebrating? hehe smilie hehe smilie hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Whatever may happen with the Broward crooks in Florida, the Republicans will have at least a 52 seat majority in...

Yep, it looks like the Democrats took The House by at least forty seats, something they haven't done since Watergate years. And the map was not in their favor this year for the Senate. Most of the seats were in deep red Trump territory, and I am proud of what they have accomplished.

@dru18 Yep, it looks like the Democrats took The House by at least forty seats, something they haven't done since...

Even if they were to get 40, which is unlikely, it still would be nothing like the 54 or 63 seats that Clinton and Obama lost in their first terms. hehe smilie
http://articles.baltimoresun.co...st-white-house
"Bill Clinton Is the Mid-Term Election Loser of the Century"

But that was last century. Obama holds the record for this century, and it will probably stand until 2100. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Even if they were to get 40, which is unlikely, it still would be nothing like the 54 or 63 seats that Clinton and...

It is the most seats that Democrats have picked up since after Watergate and far more than was expected. wink smilie

@dru18 It is the most seats that Democrats have picked up since after Watergate and far more than was expected.

Yeah, as far as the voters were concerned, even Watergate was not nearly as bad as Bill or Obama. wink smilie

@Thinkerbell Yeah, as far as the voters were concerned, even Watergate was not nearly as bad as Bill or Obama.

Oh please, it was more than expected, and had gerrymandering not played such a role this year, it would have been even more. Not to mention the over 300 state legislative seats the Dems picked up along with nine governors. hehe smilie

@dru18 Oh please, it was more than expected, and had gerrymandering not played such a role this year, it would have been...

Still not nearly as bad as what Bill and Obama lost in each of those categories. And don't pretend that the Democrats hadn't gerrymandered in those days.

@Thinkerbell Still not nearly as bad as what Bill and Obama lost in each of those categories. And don't pretend that the...

Both parties have done it, although the Republicans could write a book on how to do it.
But that doesn't matter anymore, since they won't have the chance to do it in 2020, hehehehe.... Power feels good.

@dru18 Both parties have done it, although the Republicans could write a book on how to do it. But that doesn't matter...

Hehehehe... the power that counts most is in the Senate... as they confirm more and more conservative judges (or even justices), to save the federal courts from the loony judicial activist left for a generation.

@dru18 They better get a cracking then, because 2020 map is not looking so favorable for them

Two years is plenty of time to straighten out the courts, regardless of what you predict for 2020.
I'll put it on your looong list. hehe smilie

@dru18 Huh? That one didn't even come close to making sense.

Avenatti is your ace Dem shyster, who tried to get Kavanaugh smeared, and who wants to run for the Dem presidential nomination.

When he isn't beating up his estranged wife, that is, or stiffing his landlord.
hehe smilie hehe smilie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.118dfabdc89b

@Thinkerbell Avenatti is your ace Dem shyster, who tried to get Kavanaugh smeared, and who wants to run for the Dem presidential...

What fairy tales you watch.

Avenatti is not the only one who wants to run for president nor is he the only one who went after Kavanaugh.

And, fairy gnat, it was not his estrange wife who pressed the charges. Neither of his former wives pressed charges.

@dru18 What fairy tales you watch. Avenatti is not the only one who wants to run for president nor is he the only one who...

I never said he was the only one, just the most egregious... your ace shyster.

It seems you're right about neither of his ex-wives having pressed charges... maybe Avenatti got a dose of his own phony medicine from the actress he was living with, but that's yet to be decided in court. In the meantime, she has a restraining order against him.
And he's still a deadbeat when it comes to paying his rent. That has been decided in court. hehe smilie hehe smilie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/...=.92249292265d

@Thinkerbell I never said he was the only one, just the most egregious... your ace shyster.   It seems you're right about...

Yes, you were wrong, as you so often are.

Hmmmm….. she supposedly had a swollen face, but yet, there is no photo showing her worse injury.

So, Trump was a deadbeat in paying small businesses which did work for himbiggrin smilie.

@dru18 Yes, you were wrong, as you so often are. Hmmmm….. she supposedly had a swollen face, but yet, there is no...

No, you were right in that case, as you so rarely are, say about 1 in 20 attempts. Your batting average is about .050. hehe smilie

At least Trump had lawyers smart enough to have the firms he was using declare bankruptcy. Avenatti is so dumb that he tried to fight the eviction in court, and ended up with a judgment against him.

Remains to be seen what will happen with his gf's 'me-too' allegation.

@Thinkerbell No, you were right in that case, as you so rarely are, say about 1 in 20 attempts. Your batting average is about...

So, you think it is "smart" to stiff small businesses? Small guy takes a beating from a rich old miser and you think that is somehow noble.

Avenatti is going to fight this one too, and I hate to see the other guy, when he is done.

@dru18 So, you think it is "smart" to stiff small businesses? Small guy takes a beating from a rich old miser and you...

I didn't say what Trump did was noble, but there you are, admiring that shyster Avenatti simply because he's your type of crook; i.e., a liberal Democrat.  hehe smilie

@dru18 You are the one who brought up Avenatti. Why? Do you have a crush on him?

I brought up Avenatti because you were bragging about how Trump is going to be tied up in court.  Avenatti is your ace shyster after all... hehe smilie
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2831146

@Thinkerbell I brought up Avenatti because you were bragging about how Trump is going to be tied up in court.  Avenatti is your...

Uh, okaaaay...... but actually it's Mueller and the House Democrats who are going to be the ones tying Trump up in court.

@dru18 Uh, okaaaay...... but actually it's Mueller and the House Democrats who are going to be the ones tying Trump up in...

No they won't.  Short of impeachment, the most they can do is tie up his lawyers and associates, current or former.
Meanwhile, Trump will be nominating more judges (and maybe one or more justices), and the Senate will confirm them, with the comfortable Republican 53 to 47 majority.
And you yourself said Trump wasn't going to be impeached.
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2828233

@Thinkerbell No they won't.  Short of impeachment, the most they can do is tie up his lawyers and associates, current or...

"the most they can do is tie up his lawyers and associates, current or former"
Clinton was tied up in court, and Trump will be too.

Apparently, Jeff Flake didn't get the memo because he is blocking all of Trump's picks until he leaves office on Jan 3rd.

No, he won't be impeached. Pelosi said that The House will not bother with impeachment proceedings because the Senate will not follow it up.

BUT, once he leaves office, he belongs to the state of New York. hehehehehe......

@dru18 "the most they can do is tie up his lawyers and associates, current or former" Clinton was tied up in court, and...

Clinton being "tied up in court" in July-August of 1998 didn't stop him from firing off the Monica missiles against Iraq in August of 1998, or bombing Yugoslavia between March and June of 1999.  And you think Trump won't have time to sign papers nominating judges?!  Bill somehow found time to do much more complicated things.  
You proved it again, palepuss,,, your ignorance knows no limits.  hehe smilie biggrin smilie hehe smilie

Oh, and about Flake... so what?  So he delays the appointments for a little over a month, most of which is recess anyway, until the new Senate takes office, and which he won't even be part of.  Big whoop. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Clinton being "tied up in court" in July-August of 1998 didn't stop him from firing off the Monica missiles against...

Okay, let's get somethings clear. Bill Clinton was smart, Trump isn't.
Bill Clinton knew how to compartmentalize, Trump doesn't. .

biggrin smilie Can't be too much at recess if he has already delayed one of them.

@dru18 Okay, let's get somethings clear. Bill Clinton was smart, Trump isn't. Bill Clinton knew how to compartmentalize...

Ok, I'll put that on your (long) list of predictions: Trump is so dumb and unable to compartmentalize that he won't be able to sign nominations for federal judges. (Your floundering gets more frantic with each passing day.) hehe smilie

And as for Senate recesses, FYI:
As you can see, they only will have worked for 19 days total in November and December; i.e., since the elections. And they start again on Jan 3, and without Flake to "delay" matters. Hope you're not too disappointed.  biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Ok, I'll put that on your (long) list of predictions: Trump is so dumb and unable to compartmentalize that he won't...

Noting about compartmentalizing, I see. LOL! Trump is so rattled by the direction of the investigation that he is lashing out and flailing around, more than usual.

No, Trump is not smart. He is woefully ignorant of the office that he holds. He is ignorant of history, ignorant of climate change, ignorant of foreign affairs, etc..... and too damn stupid and arrogant to learn.

@dru18 Noting about compartmentalizing, I see. LOL! Trump is so rattled by the direction of the investigation that he is...

Nothing about compartmentalizing...?  You've had another one of your mental lapses.  You should get those checked out...

There once was a maladroit puss,
With the smarts of a stale charlotte russe.
Knew no hist'ry or math,
Could much LESS find a path,
From points A to B, DOWN a ski schuss.

@dru18 Please learn how to read. "Bill Clinton knew how to compartmentalize, Trump doesn't" . .

YOU need to learn to read, palepuss.  You've just had yet another of your lapses. hehe smilie

My comment above: 
"Ok, I'll put that on your (long) list of predictions: Trump is so dumb and unable to compartmentalize that he won't be able to sign nominations for federal judges. (Your floundering gets more frantic with each passing day.)"
https://www.amirite.com/823426#comment-2834673

@dru18 WTF does any of that have to do with compartmentalizing?

You've been OD-ing on the catnip again.  READ, whydon'tcha?  hehe smilie

@dru18 OMG, what did you do to the poor creature?

YOU are the poor creature, after exposure to facts you can't deal with.

That's when you start hitting the catnip.
Big time. hehe smilie

@2828650

Increasing the deficit?! Are you high? Trump is the one, with those completely unnecessary tax cuts, that has ballooned the deficit up by trillions.

@2828650

Everything good that happened since Obama left is because of Obama, and in spite of Trump.
Get with the program, JD, or you soon will have hordes of progressives in front of your home chanting "Racist, fascist! "

@2828516

Of course...
They would have been shouting hosannas if she had been doing half as well. hehe smilie

Blue "Tsunami"...?  LOL!
The only recent House tsunamis were in 2010, when Obama lost 63 seats, and in 1994, when Bill Clinton lost 54. Trump's loss is less than the average of 37 lost by the party in the White House in an off-year election since WW2. And going back earlier, even Herbert Hoover in 1930, at the start of the Great Depression, didn't lose as many seats as Obama did in 2010! hello smilie
Learn a little history, palepuss! biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Blue "Tsunami"...?  LOL! The only recent House tsunamis were in 2010, when Obama lost 63 seats, and in 1994...

It doesn't matter, desperate fairy. We won last night and we won by more than was expected.

@dru18 It doesn't matter, desperate fairy. We won last night and we won by more than was expected.

"Expected"?  By whom?
If Trump is the worst president in history, then they should have "expected" him to lose a lot more than 26 seats, or whatever the total might turn out to be. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell "Expected"?  By whom? If Trump is the worst president in history, then they should have "expected" him to lose a...

He did lose a ton of seats. LMAO! And that Texas turning a lovely shade of mauve ain't bad either.

@dru18 He did lose a ton of seats. LMAO! And that Texas turning a lovely shade of mauve ain't bad either.

A "ton"?  Then how much did Obama and Clinton each lose in their first terms, two tons? hello smilie

And Texas will only turn "mauve" when a couple more million people flee to Texas from the California people's republic. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell A "ton"?  Then how much did Obama and Clinton each lose in their first terms, two tons?    And Texas...

Yes, Thinkerbell, we all know that Obama and Clinton lost a lot of seats, but thanks anyway for the history lesson. Gotta love the 'whataboutism' that you always resort to when cornered.

Nope, turned mauve last night. You must be thinking of when it will turn a rich royal blue.

@dru18 Yes, Thinkerbell, we all know that Obama and Clinton lost a lot of seats, but thanks anyway for the history lesson...

Right, palepuss, Trump lost "a ton" while Clinton and Obama, who lost twice as many or more, only lost "a lot" of seats, according to you. biggrin smilie

Whataboutism is an excellent argument to prove, as in this case, the hypocrisy/ignorance of the OP. hehe smilie

As for "mauve" Texas,
Image in content biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Right, palepuss, Trump lost "a ton" while Clinton and Obama, who lost twice as many or more, only lost "a lot" of...

A lot of house seats were picked up by a state that never ever looks at the color blue. And old pocked skin Ted had somebody right up his butt for most of the night.

@dru18 A lot of house seats were picked up by a state that never ever looks at the color blue. And old pocked skin Ted had...

What about whataboutism, palepuss?
I only hear crickets. biggrin smilie

And old Ted did pretty well for a candidate as unattractive as he is, considering the pretty boy with the fake Latino first name he was running against. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell What about whataboutism, palepuss? I only hear crickets.    And old Ted did pretty well for a...

No, stinker, Teddy didn't do well. I don't consider a total newcomer, a liberal Democrat, who comes in at over 47% in the state of Texas doing badly. And a lot of down ticket candidates were helped by the 'new guy'.

@dru18 No, stinker, Teddy didn't do well. I don't consider a total newcomer, a liberal Democrat, who comes in at over 47%...

You muffed it yet again, palepuss. "Beto" O'Rourke has been serving as the U.S. Representative from Texas's 16th congressional district since 2013.

Hardly a "total newcomer". hehe smilie

And still only crickets about whataboutism. biggrin smilie biggrin smilie biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell You muffed it yet again, palepuss. "Beto" O'Rourke has been serving as the U.S. Representative from Texas's 16th...

5 years, and you think that is somebody who has been around the block?! Pretty damn new to the rest of America.

WTF? Are you stoned or are you simply stupid?

Five years is hardly a veteran.

Whataboutism is your game, not mine. Looks like Arizona is turning a nice shade of blue, and what about that Florida. biggrin smilie

@dru18 Five years in politics, is a total newcomer.

A total newcomer, by any reasonable definition of the term, is one with zero experience.

@Thinkerbell A total newcomer, by any reasonable definition of the term, is one with zero experience.

McConnell, Reid, the late Kennedy and McCain, Peolsi,Schumer, etc..... and you are saying five years is not a newcomer. He's practically a baby.

@dru18 McConnell, Reid, the late Kennedy and McCain, Peolsi,Schumer, etc..... and you are saying five years is not a...

TOTAL newcomer is what you said, and now you are trying to weasel out, by dropping the 'total'. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell TOTAL newcomer is what you said, and now you are trying to weasel out, by dropping the 'total'.

And once again you are missing the point and trying to deflect by being the word Nazi. Ain't going to work.

@dru18 And once again you are missing the point and trying to deflect by being the word Nazi. Ain't going to work.

Ain't gonna work only in your fevered lib imagination.
And also a typical lib response: anyone who shows you are wrong is a 'racist' or 'Nazi'. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Ain't gonna work only in your fevered lib imagination. And also a typical lib response: anyone who shows you are...

Stop with the deflecting, you are smarter than that. You missed the whole point of Tuesday's night's results by hanging desperately to one word, which is what you usually do when cornered.

@dru18 Stop with the deflecting, you are smarter than that. You missed the whole point of Tuesday's night's results by...

It's not deflecting at all. I explained why the Cruz election was close.
YOU were the one insisting on an exaggerated word, until you tried to backpedal, that is. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell It's not deflecting at all. I explained why the Cruz election was close. YOU were the one insisting on an...

Thinkerbell, he is new to Texas politics and to the rest of us, he is totally brand new.

@dru18 Thinkerbell, he is new to Texas politics and to the rest of us, he is totally brand new.

He has held national office in the US House for over 5 years.
Maybe unknown to you and me, but NOT in Texas, for the nth time.

@dru18 WTF? Are you stoned or are you simply stupid? Five years is hardly a veteran. Whataboutism is your game, not...

And my whataboutism proved your post to be nonsense. biggrin smilie
Florida is about the same as it was in the days of the 'hanging chads', with Broward crooked Democrats trying to steal an election.

@Thinkerbell And my whataboutism proved your post to be nonsense. Florida is about the same as it was in the days of...

Sorry, Charlie, but he shouldn't have declared victory before every vote had been counted. Your guy is looking quite like the fool.

@dru18 Sorry, Charlie, but he shouldn't have declared victory before every vote had been counted. Your guy is looking...

Yeah, "votes" that were "found" days after they should have been reported, according to Florida law.
How come no other counties except those three heavily Democrat ones couldn't keep track of all the votes? wary smilie

@dru18 Beats me, but Florida has always had problems.

THOSE three Democrat counties are the ones that have "problems".

@Thinkerbell THOSE three Democrat counties are the ones that have "problems".

Once again, so what? What are you going to do about it, go down and show them how its done?

And if it has been solid red counties we wouldn't hear a peep from you.

@dru18 Once again, so what? What are you going to do about it, go down and show them how its done? And if it has been...

No, we'll let the courts settle it.
But the point is, which you (as usual) dodged, it is the same three BLUE counties that always cause the voting problems in Florida.
Somehow, the red ones manage not to 'misplace' ballots, and get their counts in on time.

@Thinkerbell No, we'll let the courts settle it. But the point is, which you (as usual) dodged, it is the same three BLUE...

And then they go running and crying to the United States Supreme Court. Give it up, Thinker, the votes from those counties still need to be counted. Sorry if its not the votes you are looking for.

@dru18 And then they go running and crying to the United States Supreme Court. Give it up, Thinker, the votes from those...

As well they should go to court, when dealing with election officials who can't/won't get their counts in on time, in violation of Florida law, officials who have a vested partisan interest in the outcome, refuse transparency, and have to be ordered by a court to get their counts in, four or five days late.

What should people do? Shrug their shoulders and say, "Well, those counties just still need to be counted." Yeah, right, but only if you're a progressive, waiting for them to 'find' more ballots to swing the vote their way. n smilie

@Thinkerbell As well they should go to court, when dealing with election officials who can't/won't get their counts in on time...

Sorry, Thinker, but the votes are going to be counted. If your guy doesn't win, so be it. If he does, than so be it again.

@dru18 Sorry, Thinker, but the votes are going to be counted. If your guy doesn't win, so be it. If he does, than so be it...

Sorry, dru, but election officials who habitually violate election law need to be investigated and prosecuted, or at the very least dismissed for incompetence, if no criminal wrongdoing is found.

@Thinkerbell Another prediction. I'll put it on your list.

Actually it is in Florida state law, but we know that conservatives try to skit around the law as much as possible.

@dru18 Actually it is in Florida state law, but we know that conservatives try to skit around the law as much as possible.

What's Florida state law? To habitually miss deadlines for doing counts or recounts, and requiring court orders for transparency? hehe smilie

@dru18 LOL! And your point is...…?

The point, since you didn't get it the first time, is that election officials who habitually violate election law should be investigated and prosecuted, or at least dismissed for incompetence, if no criminal wrongdoing is found.

And for your edification regarding the crooks/incompetents in Broward County, here is an excellent review of their sordid history:
https://www.politico.com/magazi...recount-222543

(not that your edification is possible; you're the product of a badly failed school system, wherever that school system may have been) hehe smilie

And again, not a ghost of a cogent rebuttal, only a desperate downvote. biggrin smilie
Oh, and the crickets, of course.
Awful lot of them on this post, for some reason. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell And again, not a ghost of a cogent rebuttal, only a desperate downvote. Oh, and the crickets, of...

Oh, look!
There's that downvoting cricket again.
Must have dropped from the stars in the sky above. hehe smilie hehe smilie hehe smilie

@2828212

Of course, John, and he will be until 2020, which can't come soon enough for me.

@2828219

"...but we will see." I agree, that's all we can do.

Trump is really running scared now. With the House in control by the Dems they will be putting the screws to the president. In fact he's so scared he has fired Jeff Sessions, hoping to close down the Mueller investigations. Even that won't stop the Dems, they will do their own investigations by first going after Trump's tax returns and reveal the collusion with the Russians.

@StarzAbove Trump is really running scared now. With the House in control by the Dems they will be putting the screws to the...

Mueller won't be stopped. Trump would be committing political suicide if he tries to get him fired and Mueller was smart to farm out the investigation to New York State.. The House Dems will protect Mueller.

@dru18 Mueller won't be stopped. Trump would be committing political suicide if he tries to get him fired and Mueller was...

The only problem is the Dems won't take control of the House until January. But I'm sure Mueller has been preparing for that. Trump waited until AFTER the mid-terms to fire Sessions, because he knew a lot of people would have voted differently. Trump is such a thug....

@StarzAbove The only problem is the Dems won't take control of the House until January. But I'm sure Mueller has been...

Mueller farmed most of the investigation to New York, and other places, so he is safe. If Trump even tries to go down that rabbit hole there will be a truckload of indictments heading his way come January.

@dru18 Already started today.

I saw that in NY, a lot of people protesting. Trump thinks he's above the law, well he might find out differently soon.

@dru18 Already started today.

Yeah, the rent-a-crowd is busy "protesting" the firing of Sessions.
They seem to have forgotten that Sessions was one of the earliest Republican Trump supporters, and may very well have been a significant factor that Trump got to be president at all. biggrin smilie

Actually, the crowd doesn't give a damn about Sessions... they just want Mueller and his corrupt team of Democrat activists to find something— anything— on Trump. hehe smilie

@dru18 Of course we don't give a damn about Sessions. What a stupid thing to even think we did.

Well, tell NBC about it, palepuss. They have an article headlined "Thousands in NYC Protest Trump Firing of Sessions"

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news...500092022.html

But yeah, you bumbled your way to the truth this time... NBC is indeed stupid. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Well, tell NBC about it, palepuss. They have an article headlined "Thousands in NYC Protest Trump Firing of...

Only because of Mueller. Again, what a stupid thing to even think we cared about Sessions.

@dru18 Only because of Mueller. Again, what a stupid thing to even think we cared about Sessions.

Of course, only because of Mueller.
So NBC should have said in its headline that it was about Mueller.
And of course they were stupid, liberal mouthpiece that they are. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell Of course, only because of Mueller. So NBC should have said in its headline that it was about Mueller. And of...

So what did they say, desperate one, that the liberals were protesting because they just loved Sessions, especially his stance on immigration?

Come back down to reality.

@dru18 So what did they say, desperate one, that the liberals were protesting because they just loved Sessions, especially...

The headline said they were protesting Sessions' firing, not demonstrating to protect Mueller, which is what the headline should have said.
But NBC was too stupid (or dishonest) to say that in the headline. biggrin smilie

@Thinkerbell The headline said they were protesting Sessions' firing, not demonstrating to protect Mueller, which is what the...

Of course they were protesting Session's firing! But lets pretend that your IQ is higher than room temp and that you know why they are protesting Session's firing. Hint: It has nothing to do with his policies.

@dru18 Of course they were protesting Session's firing! But lets pretend that your IQ is higher than room temp and that...

Of course it has to do with his policy... of recusing himself.
The 'protesters' would have been out in the street howling if he suddenly decided to un-recuse himself.
And you would have been howling too. biggrin smilie

@dru18 He would never have recluse himself, so your whole point is moot.

Maybe not... but the point (which you missed, as usual) is that recusal WAS his policy.

@dru18 His recusal was his decision not his policy. Nice try though.

His decision to do it and stick by it was his policy.
But of course you're dodging the point again, as always. biggrin smilie

@dru18 No. it. wasn't. I can't seem to type slow enough for you.

Slow typing...?
Of course! You're slow at everything. hehe smilie

@Thinkerbell Slow typing...? Of course! You're slow at everything.

Decisions are not policy, but you go on thinking they are.

@Thinkerbell For your edification, palepuss: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/policy Try definition 2a.

pol·i·cy.
.a course or principle of action adopted or proposed by a government, party, business, or individual.

@dru18 pol·i·cy. .a course or principle of action adopted or proposed by a government, party, business, or individual.

Here is the Webster definition of 'policy' I gave you again, since you seem reluctant to read it:

"2a : a definite course or method of action selected from among alternatives and in light of given conditions to guide and determine present and future decisions "

Which describes exactly what Sessions did.

Anonymous