+1

Now we can't trust ex marines with guns?

This 28 yr old marine mass shooting
kilhttps://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-california-bar-shooting-20181108-story.htmlled a bunch of people today. I thought marines were the good guys

Marine veteran kills 12 in shooting rampage at California bar - Chicago TribuneA Marine veteran dressed all in black opened fire at a country music bar in Southern California, killing 12 people before killing himself.https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-california-bar-shooting-20181108-story.html
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar News & Current Events
3 72

I can't think of anything new to say about America and guns.

@ThePrinceofWales I can't think of anything new to say about America and guns.

Our gun laws are pathetic, and we keep trying to get the politicians to do something, but they are being paid by the NRA, so unless something is done there, the murder will continue. Most sensible Americans want stronger gun laws, but our hands are tied. More murders continue, and all that the politicians say are "you are in our prayers" well that isn't working.

@StarzAbove Our gun laws are pathetic, and we keep trying to get the politicians to do something, but they are being paid by...

ah yeah all NRA fault, cut the crap! NRA teaches proper gun use and stands against mass shooting.

name one gun that killed someone without someone being behind the gun. if murder is a gun issue then WHY just WHY is "thou shalt not murder" in the bible? clearly its a PEOPLE ARE EVIL issue!

deusvults avatar deusvult Disagree 0Reply
@deusvult ah yeah all NRA fault, cut the crap! NRA teaches proper gun use and stands against mass shooting. name one gun...

Whether you admit it or not, it's evil people with guns. They don't kill with a sling shot, now do they?

its not an american problem, and guns don;t cause people to kill people, look at england, no guns but crime rates are not lower

@deusvult its not an american problem, and guns don;t cause people to kill people, look at england, no guns but crime rates...

We obviously have crime in Britain -knives seem to be a problem in some parts-but as we don't all have the right to bear arms so mass shootings are very rare.That is not coincidence.

@2828456

The authorities were called in, but they didn't do anything. And now we have another senseless murder of innocent young people.

@2828483

I agree to a certain extent, I've always said that if a madman/woman wants to kill they will find a way to do it. We live in a very scary society...there is no safe place anymore.

@2828527

Wonder how to do that? say some ideas you have on itfrown smilie

@2828526

True that is. I am a little glad there is noplace to go out around me now.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred True that is. I am a little glad there is noplace to go out around me now.

I'm even nervous about going to church, even though we have law enforcement inside the church, I sit right in the line of fire if some nutcase starts shooting. There's just no safe place anymore.

@StarzAbove I'm even nervous about going to church, even though we have law enforcement inside the church, I sit right in the...

media is evil, they make a mole hill into a mountain, you are less likely to die by a gun then pretty much every other way you could die

deusvults avatar deusvult Disagree +1Reply
@deusvult media is evil, they make a mole hill into a mountain, you are less likely to die by a gun then pretty much every...

Perhaps but it is just so awful to think of a person killing others on purposes, then they kill themselves.selfish cowards should kill themselves first

I agree no place is safe. I don't think more guns is a solution cause people start to see a reason to use them if they have them. Only solution I can see is put a locator chip in each and every gun and check to see where and who has it every 6 months.

@LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundred I agree no place is safe. I don't think more guns is a solution cause people start to see a reason to use them if...

I don't know what the answer is, there is just so much hate in the world and if someone gets mad they get their gun and go kill people.

@2828595

We have guns but I'm not about to carry. I accidentally shot my finger with a BB gun.....I hear you laughing, lol, so not gonna take a chance with a real gun.

@StarzAbove We have guns but I'm not about to carry. I accidentally shot my finger with a BB gun.....I hear you laughing...

I just had a dream about shooting myself with a bb gun so I don't even want to touch a real gun, I have in past but I was with people who knew how to use them. I just don't..

@2828678

lol I've been teased about that for a very long time, dang it, that hurt. lol

@2828786

Yikes, I guess anything can be dangerous. Glad you retained your eye.

To ease your embarassment, you were 12, I was an adult using my son's BB gun. lol And they still tease me about it....(hide the BB gun from Mom)....she'll shoot her eye out. Darn kids. lol

@2828595

Lean?? do you mean learn? Not I I am afraid of touching a gun at all.

According to NPR ... he never sought treatment at a VA facility (according to the VA).
It's not known at this point, whether he sought private counseling.
...
Most states, it is illegal to carry a firearm into a bar even if you have a "concealed carry" permit.
...
All states, it is illegal to kill anyone except in self-defense.

@2828524

Again, I agree. Trump took deferments but I'm sure he will send us to war if he wants to.

The trouble with our system, is just because someone is acting erratic, we can't lock them up. This guy was disturbed, authorities had been called in, but nothing was done.

@StarzAbove The trouble with our system, is just because someone is acting erratic, we can't lock them up. This guy was...

I think that is needing a change, anyone acting nuts will need to go on probation or at least give up his guns. The time has come to keep any crazyies away from guns

@StarzAbove That's why we need to change the gun laws. More background checks, and do away with the automatic weapons.

that will only make criminals out of law abiding citizen, a criminal who wants to use a gu n to kill will find a way to get a gun, regardless of laws

@2828670

Whatever these nuts are using to kill many people at one time.

sounds like another false flag, to push the fear mongering pro gun control propaganda, why would police ignore evidence otherwise

@2828530

True all forms of killing is increasing.

@2828493

and yet crime rates are not lower in England, but i guess crime only matters to liberals if a gun is used

@2828658

Seems to me with a knife in action at least you may get an opportunity to get away, guns let them stand away from people who could rush them, one guy one knife can only do so much.