Do you say scissors or scissor ? I have been reading some books and it seems different localities use different words for the same thing.

can't find a picture you all know what the tool is I am talking about righteyes smilie

100% Scissors 0% Scissor
LorraineTwevlehundredRaineTwelvehundreds avatar Language
5 32

I refer to them as scissors. Image in content

On the West Coast, I've mostly heard scissors.

@Flrdsgns On the West Coast, I've mostly heard scissors.

I am on the east coast scissors is what i say too. Perhaps it is the Brits that say scissor

I've always called them scissors, and have never heard anyone say "scissor". Merriam-Webster does too. :)

scissors
1 : a cutting instrument having two blades whose cutting edges slide past each other

@2829446

Alrighty then. I'll go ahead and stick with what most every dictionary says, as far as this particular commonly used instrument.

@2829399

i wonder if each side is seen as a separate tool , one side would be a scissor? Or it would really be a knife with a handlenrd smilie

@2829444

TH good job there, you leave nothing to be debatedh smilie

@2829399

Why are pants referred to as pants and not pant? Maybe because like pants, scissors have two parts and pants have two legs?

@2829448

Wouldn't that be the same with scissors? a scissor is one piece of a scissors, a pant would be one leg of pants, right?

Scissors. If you try to purchase them it will say scissors on the package. Unless you look up scissor in the urban dictionary, then you are in for a few treats that you may or may not be looking for. Ha!