0

I enjoy a good read when I have time to read, and sometimes if it’s a real good book, I can go through 600 pages in about 2 and a half days if I don’t have anything else to do.
But I have to ask, even with your favorite book, have you ever read the whole thing in 12 hours? 10? Can you imagine reading the whole Bible twice in 10 hours? Even speed readers could find that a challenge, while retaining every important fact covered.
Yet, our amazingly, highly intelligent, super morally upstanding, powerfully efficient and dedicated congress does this kind of reading when every bill that effects each of us is brought before them. Usually within hours of a vote .

THE SWAMP EPISODE 2 – The Heart BeatBy American Duckie I enjoy a good read when I have time to read, and sometimes if it’s a real good book, I can go through 600 pages in about 2 and a half days if I don’t have anything e…https://positiveheartbeat.com/2018/10/30/the-swamp-episode-2/
Puddintains avatar Politics
1 7

I think their staff reads a lot of the bills and gives a synopsis of what they have read. Just my opinion of course.

@Puddintain I whole heartily agree. Like the one guy said, the staff writes the bills.

Sometimes I wonder if Congress even knows what they are voting for or against.

@StarzAbove Sometimes I wonder if Congress even knows what they are voting for or against.

They don't care one way or the other. They're in it to raise money for the lobbyist who in turn give money back to their campaign reelection.

@StarzAbove Exactly. It's all about money.

This is a quote from episode 4 “I would bet you that the average tenure for a committee staffer is longer than that of a congressman... and those are the ones who write the bills” Thomas Massie