+6

Why can't they leave the originals alone? Dr. Sessus's 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' is now out in that overused computer animated style. The new movie is two hours long and of course it the original short story by Seuss had to be padded. Cindy Lou is now in charge of looking after her younger siblings because her mother, who is single, must work long hours at her job. Excuse me, but I always thought of the Whos as little creatures that only Seuss could dream up. Benedict Cumberbatch, (who weirdly does an American accent for the role) is decent in the lead role, but he is no match for Boris Karloff. They say the visuals are stunning but I am getting mighty sick of computer animation. Give me a well drawn cartoon, with full animation, any day. I guess I am being a Grinch.

Image for post Why can't they leave the originals alone? Dr. Sessus's 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' is now out in that overused computer animated style. The new movie is two hours long and of course it  the original short story by Seuss had to be padded. Cindy Lou is now in charge of looking after her younger siblings because her mother, who is single, must work long hours at her job. Excuse me, but I always thought of the Whos as little creatures that only Seuss could dream up. Benedict Cumberbatch, (who weirdly does an American accent for the role) is decent in the lead role, but he is no match for Boris Karloff. They say the visuals are stunning but I am getting mighty sick of computer animation. Give me a well drawn cartoon, with full animation, any day. I guess I am being a Grinch.
dru18s avatar Entertainment & Hobbies
5 19
The voters have decided that dru18 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@2829928

That is because they don't want to pay writers.

Oh please don't tell me that they are going to make a remake of that movie? I know they have done offshoots, but hopefully they won't molest the 1938 movie version of Baum's first book

@2829937

That's a damn shame. Rogue, we're not in Kansas anymore.

@dru18 That's a damn shame. Rogue, we're not in Kansas anymore.

I loved the remake. A wonderful movie. Great version.

@ZonkeyBalls I loved the remake. A wonderful movie. Great version.

That must be why it is so memorable? Broadway's 'Wicked' was awesome.

It's not the first time they re-made it. There was a live action version with Jim Carey about 15 years ago and that one was awful too.

I did like both of the How the Grinch Stole Christmas movies. I am also a lifelong Dr. Seuss fan.
"They" release new movies about something like the Grinch, in order to appeal to younger audiences and hope to make a lot of money, of course. I doubt if I'll like The Grinch as much as the other movies, if I ever watch it.

@2830052

The last full length DRAWN animated feature from Disney was the 2008 release of the 'Princess and the Frog', Now it seems we are stuck with computer animated crap.

Karloff made the perfect Grinch.

They try to fix things that aren't broken.

Ooh, your a mean one!

Did you know it was Tony the Tiger that sang the song?